Steviodaddio & Friend's 36-60 Plant Perpetual MMJ Grow

Steviodaddio

As my other journal wraps up in the next month or so my buddy and I prepare our next co-op batch. The current game plan starts off with 6 clones, currently in the cloner, to throw in our Titan Ebb & Flow (granted they root) and 6 more plants from seed into soil with the intention on taking clones off these 6 down the road. Every one-two weeks we will start germinating 6 more seeds to be transplanted into soil until cuttings can be taken from the first set of plants to be grown with different types of hydro methods (drip buckets, individual DWC buckets, RDWC, etc).

The cuttings in the cloner look so poor because I didn't bother acclimating my 5 outdoor plants I had been vegging for a while inside and when we had a few 75 degree days they couldn't take it in addition to 3 nights of it dropping down to 28 degrees, even being in a greenhouse. I wasn't fond of them anyways except one, the Pineapple Chunk which I'm hoping to revive over the next week or so.

Our long term objective is to finish 4-8 plants every 2 weeks, comparable to a sea of green but slightly larger plants. We are not trying to grow 1 ounce plants, but vegging long enough for 2-3 oz a plant hopefully.
-Outside of the many variables to deal with, if anyone has tips on when an appropriate time to switch into flower would be awesome. Note, these are all high yielding indoor strains.

Growing Medium:Fox Farm Happy Frog Soil & Hydro
Area:12'x16' & 10'x10'
Lighting:Current Large Room - 5,200w HID, 350w Advanced LED. Small Room: 4,000w HID
Starting Strain (clones):Strawberry Sour Diesel, Pineapple Chunk (majority)
Starting Strains (seed):Blue Kush x2, Critical Kush x2, Incredible Bulk x2
Possible Strains to Come:Super Silver Haze, Great White Shark, Strawberry Blue, Critical Sensi Star, Deep Cheese, Dinafem White Widow
Veg Time:2.5-4 weeks
Flower Time:+/- 49 to 65 days
Room Conditions75° F, 50% humidity
Future Room PlansCO2 Burner, increase to 8,000w in large room

These are currently outside the room until I have the large room cleared out.

re: Steviodaddio & Friend's 36-60 Plant Perpetual MMJ Grow

This was today right before I finished popping the remaining Afghan Root Riot cubes into soil cups.

Picked up a few cuttings from my brother and he also started vegging a few plants for me a few weeks ago since our numbers were maxed. Now that they're down, in addition to a new patient, we were finally able to bring them back into play.

Cuttings are an Applejack, two Grand Daddy Purps and two Northern Lights. Dixie cups have a White Nightmare and two Apricot Kush. Larger plants are a Pineapple Chunk and an Agent Orange.

I got the Mini split AC installed today and just waiting on the HVAC guy to come over and vacuum the lines.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend, weather outside has been 68-74 the past two days and tomorrow is suppose to follow suit. Really hyped for this next grow now that things are happening steadily now. Take care. :thumb:

Subbed... Nice to see another medical grow here in Michigan. Wish I would have planned ahead with the perpetual grow like you. I started 12 at once and then decided on perpetual, had to sign up an extra patient to keep me legal. GL and I'm just curious but what did you think of the pineapple chunk? I'm growing that right now.

Subbed... Nice to see another medical grow here in Michigan. Wish I would have planned ahead with the perpetual grow like you. I started 12 at once and then decided on perpetual, had to sign up an extra patient to keep me legal. GL and I'm just curious but what did you think of the pineapple chunk? I'm growing that right now.

Definitely BBD, don't think I've met anyone else from the Mitten yet up to this point on here. Don't worry about starting all 12 at one time though, I made that mistake my first time through indoors and had a nightmare through the majority of it (coincidentally the main strain was White Nightmare, hmm...) It's all a learning process though, which is the fun part. I have changed my thought process and the direction I have wanted to take my future grows and on a bigger scale, where I want to take this hobby/job so many times. That's the fun part to me though, especially looking back and remembering my attitude towards a lot of things when I first started. You'll find what works for you and I understand popping 12 seeds or clones because if it were anything like my first time I was so anxious to get something under the lights and see a yield. All we can do is take it one day at a time.

As far as the Pineapple Chunk, I have yet to complete an indoor grow with it. My brother has grown it many times and he loves it. It has a very nice smoke and a good taste and people rant and rave about it, although I would never claim to be an expert since I smoke only a handful of times over the course of a year. I had an awesome looking bushy one I trained that my brother gave me about 2 months back but I was being a dumbass and just threw it outside instead of acclimating it and it did not take it. Needless to say I just gave up on trying to revive it about two days ago, but I got the new one so I'm excited to see what I can do with this one.

Not that it was asked for, but what I realized is do not grow the exact amount of plants you can have legally. If you're allotted 24 plants now, keep at least 6-8 open for cuttings and clones or the extra to start new seeds to bring the growth up to speed(especially if doing a perpetual and relying on consistent vegging and flowering times). If you take the cloning route cuttings legally are not considered plants, but as soon as they root that changes and your count can skyrocket.

Yeah, just like you said, I was excited and jumped the gun with starting all 12 plants when I was only allowed 12. Luckily I have the paperwork in the mail for a 2nd patient and a 3rd thats just waiting for their appointment. Will check back in later, have a good one.

Not much to report. They're coming along smoothly, no issues so far. Have them moved to a different area where the ambient temp and floor temp is much cooler. Water temp in the cloner stays way down to an appropriate level, plants look much better instead of being in 80+ degree heat. Probably should move the T5 down a little closer to everything but the two larger plants kind of hinder that. Might just take a cutting from the Agent Orange so it can be brought down.

File_May_06_12_40_19_PM.jpeg

That mini split is gonna get you to a whole new level.

I really hope so DP! It's only a 24,000 BTU so I will have to step it up eventually if I want to go to 8,000 watts and CO2 but it'll get the job done for what I have planned next. I figured if I can keep 12-24 vegging and ~24 in flower at all times I can keep my light use down for the 24k unit to keep up and not overwork it. I figure 4,000 watts and the two LEDs would be enough for 18-24 medium sized plants (2-4oz/plant). If I have to add another light I can but we'll run with what I figure and if I have to tweak it so be it.

I'm running about 28 under 8400 watts. (14 hortilux 600 hps) using 36,000 btu. And co2. You will be fine. Did you go mitsubishi?

Unfortunately no, I was slightly bummed because my cousin's company who I had ordered it through talk was about Fujitsu the entire time. Their company doesn't supply Mitsu, which I was very bummed out hearing all the good things about the Mr. Slims. Every question was Fujitsu this and that then we optioned getting the model without the heat pump (since the winter time being too cold is never an issue) and placed the order. Few days go by, he receives it at his warehouse and swings it by my house and was like "oh yeah, by the way it's a 'Comfort Aire' since Fujitsu didn't offer the 24,000 btu without the heat pump and with the pump it was nearly a thousand more. It'll do you just fine." I was kind of upset but he is family and he is a professional plus after the fact I even talked to other HVAC guys there (who a few actually do grow rooms, to my surprise) and they said they are reliable and if there is anything wrong with it it is serviceable and all the parts can be ordered through their company.

I guess long-story short is no, but at least if I have issues parts can actually be found and ordered and it can be fixed unlike many of the no name brands you can order online or pick up from Lowe's or Home Depot. Slightly disappointed but I guess you live and learn. I have a tendency to jump in way too deep, too quickly so with the lesser money I spent if it even gets me through a few smaller harvests until I want to throw down on a stellar mini split I will be stoked.

I hope that doesn't sound like I'm pointing the finger at my cousin, by the way.

Yeah mines a Mr slim both head units stay on top of cleaning. Mold forms on inner wheel. It can spread to plants. Clean every 90 days. Or have serviced. Fujitsu is fine.

Yeah mines a Mr slim both head units stay on top of cleaning. Mold forms on inner wheel. It can spread to plants. Clean every 90 days. Or have serviced. Fujitsu is fine.

Will do boss, I'll be sure to throw that on my monthly to do list
And I should have specified, it's a Comfort Aire brand; not by Fujitsu. :confused:

Quick update, even though there's not much.

Been having issues with my 3 larger plants I'm transitioning outside. One is suffering from a nitrogen deficiency because the run off pH was 5.1 and I was very late catching it. Got some lime trying to bring it back up but it's going to be a slow process. Those 3 go outside in the next week once I build my raised beds and get it situated.

On the upside, the Pineapple Chunk and Agent Orange are looking great and I'm about to take clones soon and possibly flip into flower to see how much they'll yield at that size. Agent Orange is by far the most beautiful and cleanest of plants I've ever seen with how everything looks. Not sure why I like it so much but I think it grows so amazing when it's at it's best. AO currently sits at 25" and the PC at about 18". Realistically I'm just waiting on the two in my flower room to finish so I can repaint and get everything organized.

Was a dumbass and tried foliar spraying a very light dose when the lights were on just to see and some of them weren't too pleased but they're coming along decently. Clones haven't rooted yet. Going on like day 12 or 13 and I'm not sure if they're going to root or not.

That one in the black pot is locking up. Let dry way out flush with 2 gallons of 6.8ph water then again once dry once more. That 2 gallons is based on it being a 5.

That one in the black pot is locking up. Let dry way out flush with 2 gallons of 6.8ph water then again once dry once more. That 2 gallons is based on it being a 5.

Yeah, runoff pH was a 5.1 so I've been adding lime and flushed it two days ago. Will let it completely dry out this time and flush her again in the next few days once she dries up.

Thanks though Dutty. I'm so bored not having to mix nutrients or do some sort of work on them... Can't wait till I have a few in flower and a few vegging to keep building onto... I'm dying to try new things.

*Just went down and checked the clones and I see starts of ONE root on 3 of the 5. The two Northern lights only have the smallest of hairs you can barely see so we'll see if they decide to take off or not.

I am subbed up on this one!!! Gonna pull up a chair & bust out my Pax vape & watch this show!!! :volcano-smiley:

I am subbed up on this one!!! Gonna pull up a chair & bust out my Pax vape & watch this show!!! :volcano-smiley:

Welcome Scottay, glad you're here! Going to get interesting I hope, lol. Planning to get everything in full swing over the next month or so after I cycle in more plants with time. Once everything is going comfortably and I have time and room to experiment I'm anticipating playing with hydro and possibly even Doc Bud's High Brix stuff since everyone is ranting and raving about it.

Going to try to keep it as fun and interesting as possible.

:thumb:

I love watching & learning more than I do already know. I grow some pretty nice plants but at the moment I cant as the area Im in is pretty hot (police/nosey ass people etc) and Just dont have the room. Ohio reallllly needs to get this on the ballot!!! Sick of havin to sneak around like some teenager just to get my meds.....ughh.....but I live vicariously through the growers here!! I will be helping a friend with his crop this summer though....he wants to kinda lst his stuff & learn back-building on those buds....gonna buy some Snow Storm Ultra also to pack on those trichomes!!!! :volcano-smiley:

I love watching & learning more than I do already know. I grow some pretty nice plants but at the moment I cant as the area Im in is pretty hot (police/nosey ass people etc) and Just dont have the room. Ohio reallllly needs to get this on the ballot!!! Sick of havin to sneak around like some teenager just to get my meds.....ughh.....but I live vicariously through the growers here!! I will be helping a friend with his crop this summer though....he wants to kinda lst his stuff & learn back-building on those buds....gonna buy some Snow Storm Ultra also to pack on those trichomes!!!! :volcano-smiley:

That's the joy of this job or hobby (whatever it is to you and others); there's always something new to be done or learn.

You'll figure it out though! Maybe soon Ohio will get their head straight along with the other half of America and just legalize it or go medical. My cousin's buddy who grows used to live in Michigan and moved to Ohio and he hates it too. It's just petty. Rand Paul and a bunch of other cannabis political figureheads put it pretty simply that we're wasting space in jails for people with petty misdemeanors and letting the real criminals go. God forbid someone grow something that was placed here naturally.

As far as your friend, LST is quick to learn and really improves the yield overall (I'm sure you are aware of that). Back building was probably the best move I ever made, as the ones I back-built in the grow I just recently harvested are extremely dense and solid compared to the few plants or cola's that I missed or didn't back build intentionally to see a difference.

Again, thanks for joining. Hopefully I'll keep it as entertaining and information filled as I can with whatever amount of knowledge I do know. Send others over! (If I included high brix this thread might be off the hook with people :laughtwo:)

Probably should upload a picture now.

Back
Top Bottom