StGeneZiz and tha Flower Power tent

I think the R/O system can make a huge

I find I sleep better when im not worrying about tap water... its just so much easier to start with 000ppm and worth every penny

Also, every nute feeding chart is measured with 000ppm..

for example.. my FLora Nova say 860ppm for early vegging plants... well if i had 200 ppm tap water and added what they say to add, you would end up with 1160ppm and that can easily cause many problems...

I know a lot of successful growers in DWC/Deep Water Culture just use tap water, but i think that every grower that is gonna invest some real cash on a setup, should have and R/O system for sure... talk about making it easy...

the hardest thing to deal with is PH fluctuations and having pure water, is the only thing that can really make a difference... my ph would vary from 5.5-6.5, not bad, but once i got the 000ppm system, all the PH problems went away and i got so use to having a stable PH, that i haven't even checked the PH in months

I was hopping to get my RO up and running but this piece of s--t is going back !! Spent 2 days running around trying to find parts to hook this thing up ! It leaked all over from every orifice worst 70 bucks I ever spent ! I think I'll have to look for another system.. Damn my waters hard here 580 ppm from the tap...:loopy:

I was hopping to get my RO up and running but this piece of s--t is going back !! Spent 2 days running around trying to find parts to hook this thing up ! It leaked all over from every orifice worst 70 bucks I ever spent ! I think I'll have to look for another system.. Damn my waters hard here 580 ppm from the tap...:loopy:

you should be given a reward for growing with 580ppm tap water lol... !! thats more than my nutes recommend for early veg.. and if your max ppm was 1000, then you can only add 420 :)grinjoint:) ppm of nutes... so your literally giving them half strength nutes just so you dont burn...

Often, NOT ALWAYS, but often, high ppm water can possilby be full of iron, magnisium, sulphur and all kinds of desirable minerals, beneficial for plant growth.
BUT
Sometimes, high ppm water can be so hard the nutes can not be absorbed.

Often, NOT ALWAYS, but often, high ppm water can possilby be full of iron, magnisium, sulphur and all kinds of desirable minerals, beneficial for plant growth.
BUT
Sometimes, high ppm water can be so hard the nutes can not be absorbed.

roseman is right...its weird, some tap water with 200ppm can be worse than other tap water with 400ppm...

it all depends on your tap water... Still though, I would plan on getting an RO system because, like roseman said, its a lot easier to get nute lock up...plus high ppm tap water always makes PH vary like hell..

Stgeneziz RO system is what a recommend, works better than my zero water, and much faster

And what is Stgeneziz RO system ? I may have to look at Home Depot or somewhere to get a decent setup. This thing came from Clearwater . They have some decent prices but this thing was definitly not what I was looking for ...And yes it's hell trying to grow in this crappy water ! Just take a look at my Photo Gallery theres some spooky lookin leaves there !! :peace: C5 what type system are you running ?,and if you don't mind where did you get it ? Thanks guys

Sorry about the bad experience ol hippy. Me an several of my friends all ordered our units from purewater club. It did require some setup, but mine was the portable unit that just hooks up to the faucet so it was easy.

As for using tap vs. R/O, it's like the many cfl vs HID arguments. My opinion is that if you can grow with it, then that's all that counts. However, I did see my PH probs disappear when I started using R/O. Probably do to the fact that R/O di water is completely neutral! ph7.0 So whatever you add to it (i.e. nutes) is going to determine the ph of the water, and being that most nutes are PH balanced when added to water, you have perfect PH. I don't even own PH buffer.

What Roseman said is also true, however. Stripping the water of all the natural micronutrients can cause deficiency. I had to add cal-mag to my regiment to correct this problem.

Here's some info another grower shared with me about R/O and PH.

It is impossible to pH adjust RO

First, you should not put your pH probe into RO, ever.

Second, once you add anything to RO
it is not RO anymore.

Third, if you add Ro only to your rez,
it does not need to be adjusted
if the pH is already correct.

RO will not change the pH of your nutes.

RO has no free Hydrogen ions.

H2O

All the Hydrogen is bound by Oxygen
thus it is pure water.

pH is the measure of free ions of Hydrogen.
The the H in pH=
potential of Hydrogen Ions

If you place your pH probe into water that has been de-ionized
your probe will loose ions that it uses as a reference fluid
and this will screw up your probe.

Do not try to pH adjust RO.

It is impossible.

And you will ruin your probe.

Stgene,Thats the same unit I got .I tried 3 different setups to attach it to my faucet, none worked when I tried that rubber w/clamp they sent it would blow right off not much for it to grab onto. Any how thats an interesting post I will try another way to get it set up here. While I'm at it I should note that I'm having a hell of a time with my new seedlings , the last grow I started out with bottled water and things were fine this time I'm just using the tap water and though my plants are growing they are a bit on the yellow side and they keep laying down a bit. I have a fan on them and keep turning the pots around so it blows them back upright. But I think that may be that nasty water slowing them down.. by the way how did you straighten out those stiff water lines and did your unit leak all over ? Thanks Stgene I hope I can get this water thing solved :peace: :loopy:

Heres a few Qs so I can help you out.
Did you install the faucet hook up?
Did you tighten the hose clamps by screwing them?
Did you push the hose in far enough?

The connections on the unit should all be twist to tighten, I had a duh moment with this at first. You just push the hose in the hole, and twist the top to tighten it down. Same goes for the metal faucet Hook Up, those are more like nuts tho.

That white plastic hose that came on it was so tough I had to stick it into boiling water to get it soft enough to put on the little nub on the faucet diverter thing. I tightened the rubber attachment they gave you as a hook up if the threads were wrong and it would just pop off ! Plus water was leaking out of other places where I didn't even see any way to tighten them .. I just lost patience trying to rig it, I'll try something easier.I have a lack of patience with anything plumbing related.. If I can't fix it with a hammer it ain't ment to be ! :rofl: <-- he's not laughing he's throwing a tantrum !!

That white plastic hose that came on it was so tough I had to stick it into boiling water to get it soft enough to put on the little nub on the faucet diverter thing. I tightened the rubber attachment they gave you as a hook up if the threads were wrong and it would just pop off ! Plus water was leaking out of other places where I didn't even see any way to tighten them .. I just lost patience trying to rig it, I'll try something easier.I have a lack of patience with anything plumbing related.. If I can't fix it with a hammer it ain't ment to be ! :rofl: <-- he's not laughing he's throwing a tantrum !!

High ol hippy. For your threaded fittings you could wrap the threads with Teflon tape. Two or three wraps around the threads before assembly will tighten them up and seal any leaks. You can get it at any hardware or automotive store and it's cheap like borscht!

:peace:

If that was the only thing leaking I think I would not have packed it back up. I just didn't think it was going to be that effecient !? I just now got back from the store , I kept thinking about the seedlings in that nasty water so I went and got 5 gal of drinking water for them and nuted up about 250 ppm of grow nutes..I think they will be much happier now. That'l get em stong enough for the crap water in 2 wks ...:surf:

Yeah I think I'm going to do the same for my female in flower too , it can only help maybe the change will give her a needed boost ! Whats a couple 2 1/2 gal water jugs cost !? I probably should have been doing that all along ! I started out for the first 2 res changes than it got to be a pain carring all that water from the store..But your right thats only a temp solution . :peace:

Hey guyz, a quick look-see. I've been MIA and my grow suffered some deficiencies becuz of it. But they're back on track, and I'll get a full update up on my next rez change.

IMG_08263.JPG

IMG_08274.JPG

IMG_08283.JPG

IMG_08294.JPG

Back
Top Bottom