DankWolf's 1st - Multi-Strain In Soil - Fall 2015

Get the pH pen - you will really appreciate having it. I think you're in soil, so it might not be as critical as it was for me in hydro. The little drops in the water that narrowed it down to a range, give or take .5, just isn't accurate enough in hydro, especially. My plants were very adamant about strongly preferring to be at 5.85. Any more or less, and they pitched a fit.

I used to put eggshells in my garden - crushed and sprinkled on top soil. I think the Ca in those leeches out pretty quickly hehehe. I think it's great you're experimenting so much and even more great that this plant can really take a punch. Guess that's why they call it weed. It kinda is hard to kill.

A pH pen is on the growing wish list, baby steps :laugh:

I just spotted and read your problem thread, glad to hear things are back up. ;)

Takes a lickin and keeps on tickin! Love this versitile, functional plant to pieces:circle-of-love:

While im in here,..
1203150139-1.jpg

Annie's clone, aka willow-water test subject 1..
reallly makes me miss her mother!
This little girl outstinks her older veg mates And bagseed 3 in flower. Alot!
Kinda glad i decided to test play with her after ripping her out to throw her..:laugh::yummy:

A pH pen is on the growing wish list, baby steps :laugh:

I just spotted and read your problem thread, glad to hear things are back up. ;)
Ha - thanks, yeah - had a bit of a blonde moment panic attack.

Takes a lickin and keeps on tickin! Love this versitile, functional plant to pieces:circle-of-love:

While im in here,..
1203150139-1.jpg

Annie's clone, aka willow-water test subject 1..
reallly makes me miss her mother!
This little girl outstinks her older veg mates And bagseed 3 in flower. Alot!
Kinda glad i decided to test play with her after ripping her out to throw her..:laugh::yummy:

Oh! She's so pretty!!!!!

I've seen lots of threads started over those white specks on the leaves and never heard a definitive answer. The common refrain was 'probably ph issues'.
Re the calcium, Tead uses milk and his plants are great. It provides both calcium and magnesium and seems like it would be a bit easier to apply than what you're doing. I forget the exact dosage he uses but his journal is great and well worth wandering through.

Morning guys and gal:byebye: thanks for the comments!

Land of sunshine bob? Wayyy south?

Hey WC thanks for hitting me up over here too:Namaste:

Ive noticed tead, and been meanin to stalk him..
Id also heard of milk, but remember those conflicting google searches? I found too many worries of milk enduced mold, so naturally steered away for the time being. (did want to add milk to the list of bizzare tests)
Will have to jump on teads leg now, like a puppy :)

Mornin' DankWolf. Is that really the plant you saved? The one you ripped out by the roots? If so, well done scout.

Very nice journal, DankWolf. I can see your growing style is a good deal like mine. Fly by the seat of your pants. haha Im subbed and sticking around. Im just gonna hang a hammock in the balcony for a birds eye view.

Now what did I do those binoculars?

Mornin' DankWolf. Is that really the plant you saved? The one you ripped out by the roots? If so, well done scout.

Yess'm same plant. Gracious:Namaste:

Very nice journal, DankWolf. I can see your growing style is a good deal like mine. Fly by the seat of your pants. haha Im subbed and sticking around. Im just gonna hang a hammock in the balcony for a birds eye view.

Now what did I do those binoculars?

Wha whatt??! Birds dont use binoculars! Get your booty down here with the rest of us, slumber party in the bloom room, complete with pizza, pillow fights, twister, buddies and buds!
..plus i dont have insurance, if you fall...

Thanks for the catching up and the luv:byebye:

Just poppn in, man things are lookn sweet, keep it up Brosif Mc Greenthumb! Sorry I haven't been around much, so much going on in "Santa s wood working shop" these days, let alone prepping for a harvest. Hope to watch your big finish here in the future!:thumb:

Really? Are you some kind of seasonal santa, can i sit on your lap?
Ive been a realllllly good boy this year!

UPDATE
Bagseed 3

Today is numbero 14 of flower. Shes slowed her strech some the last few days. The Cal burn i gave her with first eggshell test, did a fair bit of damage. Nothing major-i dont think.., only bottom soon to be defol leaves were effected. Was very nice witnessing this process.
No updated pic of her atm.

Afghan kush
To early to add, day 1 was oct 17, that puts today at...
Still in veg. The assumed Cal def, having 3 -8oz servings of eggshell/epson water..appears to be at 100%health. To my surprise.she looks better out from under direct lighting :blushsmile:
1204151042-1.jpg

Dragons breath
1 week younger then kush, also looking much happier and healthier as of late. Ive dont nothing different to her regime. She just had to grow into herself? Since birth its been 35%happy look, 65% sad n limp(not watering issue. Sad, tired..) last 3days shes been 80% or better allll day long, not her typical 2-6hrs. Joy joy
1204151046-1.jpg

Babies!
Will soon be adding babies to the lineup.

-fem raspberry diesel.
-fem nebula
-reg afghani
-might as well add a flowered clone from bagseed 2 (bagseed 2 got into a fight and lost. 2X4-1, weed-0. Happened around day 7ish of flower, nearly 40 friggin days! Crimminicripes!)

Thats it for good news!
Thanks for stopping by, have a great day:byebye:

And of course i forgot..

Issues! Advise?
Bagseed 3, flowering under 4 2700k cfl and 1 5000k. Saddens me it does but whatd ya do! Cant afford 400w of hps.
Question. How much blue light can i get away with having in with 4 red bulbs?

Also with her...
I have a pit in my belly... Scared shes going to have root issues. Certainly feels like her pot has drainage issues.

Ive already drilled several extra breather holes around the side and helped some, but theres still alot more weight then id like.

I was temped to lift her up and drill holes in the bottom, surely that wont be as easy as said... Afraid the action might be too much stress and cause hermi.. Suggestions?

Thought i has yet another issue, ehh.. Time to wake up and smoke, maybe itll come back to me:passitleft:

I have had friends flower under a metal halide so add whatever light you can no matter what the spectrum. That bagseed 3 looks great. She will take whatever light you give her!

As far as drainage holes put her up on some scrapwood on saw horses.muse your drill to go in at an angle 1/2" from the bottom on the side and drill all the way through as close to the edge as possible. That way you can keep her upright, get holes in the side and bottom at the same time.

Hey, DW! Came in late, but need to compare notes with a fellow Alaskan! Both of us tend to use home-made additives and off-the-shelf nutes.

I don't think you need to brew the eggshells, Just crush and sprinkle over the top of the soil, and let them leach when you water. But if your well water leaves white deposits, then you probably don't need calcium, or the eggshells.

A layer of fine sand laid on dryer sheets will also kill gnats. Cover the soil completely. We did this at work, because we were always breeding gnats in our spider plants in the office. Sand cuts up the larvae when they come to the surface. Also prevents tunneling when you water.

Your bagseed looks like some good stuff! She's strong and healthy in veg, and should give you some good buds later. I haven't grown Indica yet, so am watching yours to see how it behaves.

And of course i forgot..

Issues! Advise?
Bagseed 3, flowering under 4 2700k cfl and 1 5000k. Saddens me it does but whatd ya do! Cant afford 400w of hps.
Question. How much blue light can i get away with having in with 4 red bulbs?

Also with her...
I have a pit in my belly... Scared shes going to have root issues. Certainly feels like her pot has drainage issues.

Ive already drilled several extra breather holes around the side and helped some, but theres still alot more weight then id like.

I was temped to lift her up and drill holes in the bottom, surely that wont be as easy as said... Afraid the action might be too much stress and cause hermi.. Suggestions?

Thought i has yet another issue, ehh.. Time to wake up and smoke, maybe itll come back to me:passitleft:

Refresh my memory please, what wattage on the CFLs? I always shoot for 70-80% spectrum for the stage you're in - i.e. veg gets blue, bloom gets red - and the rest in the other spectrum. In a pinch you give her all you can and mix it up. Plants love the variety. Light Baby. You want light. I believe that was ShiggityFlip's point too.

Back
Top Bottom