Strange looking seeds

Bob Loblaw

So a friend gave me a few seeds that look really strange, actually it looks like buckwheat to me. I'm wondering if anyone has seen similar looking seeds or any idea at all as to what caused them to look like this.

They did grow one out I will post pics of that as well. It was a decent producer in a very short season.
TBdope seeds1.jpg

TBdope seeds2.jpg

TBdope seeds3.jpg

The plant that these seeds produced (on the left)
TBdope left.jpg

TBdope buds1.jpg

TBdope buds2.jpg

TBdope buds3.jpg

i have seen strange looking plants but never have i seen strange looking seeds

i would near bet all in that them ain't cannabis seeds

I am unsure. They are very misshapen. I have experienced anomalous seeds that appear weird. Well, only one strain. That's enough to say i have seen misshapen seeds, or better yet, enhanced looking seeds. Screenshot_2020-10-30-15-02-18-1.png That's my BluCheez×Mango strain. That's pretty pronounced; whatever it's doing. Most seeds of this particular strain appear that way. They grew like monsters and produced pretty strong smoke.
I believe it's possible. Those however look...remotely like a hemp seed.

1604096522593.png

i agree about the buckwheat theory,,

Thanks for the replies,
Yes the theory of the mother being damaged may account for them looking this way seems to be all that I can think of as well. However if they were damaged this bad one would think that they would be sterile...

Yes my first thought was that they ain't cannabis seeds, then they told me that this was the plant they grew, we cleaned it last week, smoked some and it was ok. Something did knock me out cold for 5 minutes that night (I woke up on the kitchen floor) but I can not say it was the smoke as it may have been the cookie or any one of my issues that hit me.

Anyway I thought they would be interesting to post here. Not only the funny shape but the color is way off too.

I guess I will start one in a couple of months and get another one out next spring. Eventually I will have to get one in my room so I can grow it out to maturity.

I'd say pop several of them right away. Wait up to 2 ish week to discover what they look like. If it looks like weed, cool. If not? Bummer. If you paid for them and it's not what you thought , beat that "friend" of yours. Just my opinion.

But they have no reason to do anything of the sort, I trust what they say is accurate I've no reason to believe otherwise. We share our smoke freely.

Smake him anyways for giving ya ugly seeds hahaha. What strain is that anyways?

Fro. The looks of the plant and seeds its likly a landrace

I'd say pop several of them right away.
i second that motion,,

please do this,, the curiosity bug needs to be squished

Ya I wish I knew what the strain was. Perhaps I was hoping someone had seen something similar and had a strain I could look into for comparison.

Looking at the leaves I would say it's sativa leaning at the least, short plant = likely a hybrid.

I have already picked my 3 plants for my next grow which will start in Dec/Jan....Hmmm maybe I should start one...Oh heck I've a Scotch Bonnet plant that I've had for 9 months that I would like to finally try grow out next round. Too many strains too little time.

and who are 'they' exactly,,??

i would like to have a chat with 'them'

,, perhaps with a lie detector involved,, :thumb:
"They" used to F with Richard (the schizophrenic) quite regularly at the locked mental health facility I used to work for.
He was a nice old gentleman but he'd lived there for almost 40 years and "They" messed with him daily.

FWIW I tried sprouting 4 of them a while back. No luck.
If I ever do get one of these to grow I will post here.

They appear to have a very heavy shellac like coating. I have my doubts.

Back
Top Bottom