Stressing the cannabis plant intentionally to obtain the desired quantity and quality

Lst to a four way mainline. Tonight will be the last day of vegging . Come on Halloween .

28872455-7592-4E42-964D-4145DEAEAA02.jpeg
Nice! Those look like some stout bushes! I envision some stacked calyxes in your near future. May the trichomes be with you, always.

I am a firm believer in drought stressing during flowering. It seems counter-intuitive and scary seeing your entire plant wilt. But it is spectacular seeing what the plant does after watering it again. They seem to come back stronger and cover themselves in a crystal blanket..

This is super interesting! I'd love to see some pics if you have any. It is amazing how cannabis reacts to the punishment we put them through. Back in the 90's, before LST was a thing, I used to jam rocks in between the main stem and branches to push them down allowing more light to penetrate into lower growth. Now we tie them down with wires, so space age!
I'm a locksmith so I use keys to tie them down

I had a weird little plant that I call "Kinky" she had krinkly leaves and was quite spindly so I tried "Espalier" style training.
1660698972337.png

Each node has really taken off since - some are about a foot since. No idea what the plant will produce quality wise but one never knows!!! :nervous-guy: So we live in hope!!:ciao:

A better pic today.

20220816_172225.jpg

I like your style, never seen it. If you keep her like that everything inside will redirect upwards and starts to blow up filling every corner of the plant.

How many days do you leave the locks on the stems giving that bending?
When I look at it, makes lots of sense for me, since the growth hormones travel up and down the plant mostly pulled by gravity but you added extra weight to the gravity pull, probably makes them pump more auxins in order to make the new growth shoot up.

Cool stuff

I like your style, never seen it. If you keep her like that everything inside will redirect upwards and starts to blow up filling every corner of the plant.

How many days do you leave the locks on the stems giving that bending?
When I look at it, makes lots of sense for me, since the growth hormones travel up and down the plant mostly pulled by gravity but you added extra weight to the gravity pull, probably makes them pump more auxins in order to make the new growth shoot up.

Cool stuff
I'm not sure how long to leave the weights on. This is my first try at this method. My 6 or 8 grow. I keep cutting the keys off and moving them further down the stalks when the ends grow taller than the tie out point. I keep adding more weight to the ones that have no where else to tie out. I have 6 plants like this

20220816_172235.jpg

I'm not sure how long to leave the weights on. This is my first try at this method. My 6 or 8 grow. I keep cutting the keys off and moving them further down the stalks when the ends grow taller than the tie out point. I keep adding more weight to the ones that have no where else to tie out. I have 6 plants like this

20220816_172235.jpg

Big pots too! Your setting up to have some beasts.

Do you have a journal I can follow your training method?

:passitleft:

20220816_172235.jpg
Any problem with pests growing outdoors? I first had a leaf miner problem got rid of them and then thrips. Thankfully I seem to have them under control but now I’m much wiser and will be doing preventative maintenance. Soap spraying every 3 days, Safers end all every 10 days and @Sierra Natural Science 209 Systemic Pest Control every 7-14 days.

I had a weird little plant that I call "Kinky" she had krinkly leaves and was quite spindly so I tried "Espalier" style training.
Sadly, Kinky got a bit too kinky and threw a few Naners so.....off with her head!!!! :thedoubletake:

Big pots too! Your setting up to have some beasts.

Do you have a journal I can follow your training method?

:passitleft:
I do not have a journal. I only found this website a couple months ago and I'm in love.
So many ideas and only so many plants. I'm allowed 6 and my wife 6 in Oklahoma. I planted 23 seeds on 4/20. All bag seed.
Now we have 8 girls. 6 tied down to the "trellis" and 2 left to grow tall. They're about 5 foot now. 15 gallon pots. 1 is in a 20 gallon. We're also veggie gardeners so I'm always busy out back.
I'm growing to make cco for medical reasons. Unless like last year. Only 10 ounces. I'm really interested in washing the buds. Any ideas or opinions on that?

Any problem with pests growing outdoors? I first had a leaf miner problem got rid of them and then thrips. Thankfully I seem to have them under control but now I’m much wiser and will be doing preventative maintenance. Soap spraying every 3 days, Safers end all every 10 days and @Sierra Natural Science 209 Systemic Pest Control every 7-14 days.
I dont worry about pests. The predator bugs take care of them. I only spray it If i see caterpillars. It's outdoor and there will always be bugs.

Back
Top Bottom