Stupid question - The suffix "gr/m2 (SoG)" means what?

McCdive

:reading420magazine: Looking at seed strain reviews and in the Yeild description they use this " gr/m2 (SoG)" all the time, but I can't figure it out. I feel like a schmuck!
Thanks guys, Andy.:Namaste::high-five:

it mean grams per square meter of plant... example, you grow two plants put them under a screen, if that screen is 1 meter by 1 meter (or 3 feet by 3 feet) and you fill it with vegetation, you could "get up to" that many grams in that area. I am running a royal queen critical right now, it says the plant can go over 600g/m2. I have one plant in a 40x40 inch scrog and the canopy is full, I could possibly pull up to 600 grams or better off of that plant. I can let you know in the next week or two
20150318_185527.jpg
the theory applies to 1 big plant or having 8 small plants in the same area. i dont know if you can really go by that though as thats probably in perfect conditions.

Wow, Snypr! That's one fine looking girl you have there. You must be very proud! Thanks for the 411 on that, bud. It makes sence now. One of the beans I got is claiming up to 1500 gr/o2. If my math is right, that's roughly 3.3 lbs. That's insane! (Green House Supply - Super Silver Haze) Also going for a World Of Seeds - Strawberry Blue @ 350-450 gr/m2 (indoors). Both are Sativa dominent. Going to give those a try outside, gorilla style. I haven't grown a Sativa outside here yet. Plenty of indicas. Not sure how the will fare in N. E. Ohio. I found an old, abandoned artisan well on my property and want to set up a drip line down hill from it and see what happens. Thanks for the info, Snypr. I'm going to swing by and check your girl out!.
Take care, Andy.:thumb: :Namaste:

Hey thanks McCdive, if you click the link in my signature, it will take you to the journal I did on the first plant that I grew "Capn" style. I haven't started a journal for my subsequent grows. What I am tyring to do is harvest a plant like the one above every 5 weeks. I just took one down at the start of march, it went 385g (dry weight). which is just shy of 14 ounces. This one had a bit of a longer veg time so I am hoping it will break the lb mark but I dont think it is gonna do 600 grams or more. I have another plant next to this one that is about the 5 weeks behind so my rotation is almost in order.

Just read it, Snypr :) Too bad no further journals. I'm seriously considering doing a one plant 30X40" Scrogs instead of the two plants I am planning on. Not sure what I'm going to do. Anyways, nice job on that grow. Perpetual is the only way to farm!
Later, Andy.:Namaste:

:reading420magazine: Looking at seed strain reviews and in the Yeild description they use this " gr/m2 (SoG)" all the time, but I can't figure it out. I feel like a schmuck!
Thanks guys, Andy.:Namaste::high-five:

SoG means Sea of Green, it's a growing technique that fills all the horizontal available space with as many plants as possible to avoid light-loss. The plants trained that way usually develop their main stem and not so much the other parts (no lst).
How many seeds per m2? none!
It is advised to have one (or more) mother-plant and use her clones.

that's the way to achieve 600g/m2 using sog. If you are interested in SoG are many wonderful guides about it here in the forum!

let us know your choice!

Thanks Mr. What. I'm still projecting long term how I want to be set up for perpetual growing. I have one little room that would be ideal for a one plant grow. Off top of DWC bucket to bottom of light at its highest point - 18X24X46". I have a Platinum LED P-300 in there now with 2 plants. Waaaaaaayyyy too much SoG!! Lolol. Point is, there is absolutly nothing I can do in this room as it is. LST is just too damn cramped. One bean, a short grower, like Nirvanas White Rhino, might be a really fun project for this style! Anyway, Thankyou for your input! :Namaste: Andy.

Back
Top Bottom