Subcool in a gro-bucket

Savvage61

I have a quick question since talking with @gee64,@Azimuth ,@Keffka and the list goes on I am a SIPPPER for life and very microbe minded. I got a Batch of subcool's recipe cooking in my garage. My intention is to get the 8 gal gro pro bags with SIP inserts.
since Subcools Recipe requires to be 1/3 top 1/2 filled with SC Refcipe and the rest just in my case FFOF. is it ok to use Subcools Super soil in a gro-bucket SIP ?

I have a quick question since talking with @gee64,@Azimuth ,@Keffka and the list goes on I am a SIPPPER for life and very microbe minded. I got a Batch of subcool's recipe cooking in my garage. My intention is to get the 8 gal gro pro bags with SIP inserts.
since Subcools Recipe requires to be 1/3 top 1/2 filled with SC Refcipe and the rest just in my case FFOF. is it ok to use Subcools Super soil in a gro-bucket SIP ?

when did grow bags start working in a sip ? sips are hard sides by definition. are you maybe running a swick by the wrong name ?

I've been on and off thinking about giving one or two plants a SIP set-up come mid-spring. II am taking a look at several new thread's along with with the major one about a SIP Club. Noticed this one so a couple of questions.

since Subcools Recipe requires to be 1/3 top 1/2 filled with SC Refcipe and the rest just in my case FFOF.
What do you mean by "1/3 top"? Is it supposed to be 1/3 topsoil?

is it ok to use Subcools Super soil in a gro-bucket SIP ?
Isn't SubCool's soil recipe intended to be a water only soil because of the amounts and types of amendments in the recipe? What happens if any fertilizers are added to the water? Wouldn't that create a situation where the soil would become "hot" as any nutrient rich water is absorbed by the soil?

when did grow bags start working in a sip ? sips are hard sides by definition. are you maybe running a swick by the wrong name ?
I have seen this for SIP gardeners. I get the feeling that similar set-ups will be available for cloth pots from other manufacturers.

"AC Infinity Self-Watering Fabric Pot Base with auto-irrigation water delivery system with reservoir meter, elevated plant saucers for use in indoor grow tents, greenhouses, and gardens."

I have seen this for SIP gardeners. I get the feeling that similar set-ups will be available for cloth pots from other manufacturers.

"AC Infinity Self-Watering Fabric Pot Base with auto-irrigation water delivery system with reservoir meter, elevated plant saucers for use in indoor grow tents, greenhouses, and gardens."

pretty sure that's describing an auto pot type system.

I've considered those AC Infinity bases or making something similar with wicking cord.
I like some of the advantages of fabric pots and I feel like you lose out on them in more traditional SIP.
The extra oxygen to the root system and air pruning. The only issue that I've seen is that the roots tend to grow through the containers and into the reservoir with those bases. In my case I'd probably just alternate between top and bottom feeding to avoid that and use it more as a crutch for my laziness.

gro pro has inserts for any size planter the best way to describe is they have a container similar to the bottom of a 5 gal bucket gallon cut off at about 8 inches you hook up the reservoir and fill pipe put it in the container then put it in the 8 gal grow bag. and just fill with medium they are on the "ZON" but out of stock but they have them on the gro pro site.

No not a swick., I already made that mistake lol. thats when I learned the diffrence between them the hard way. that's a long story, but no it is a hard sided container that goes in the bag. and it allows you to use the super soil/living 7.5 gal recommended instead of using the 5 gal bucket

gro pro has inserts for any size planter the best way to describe is they have a container similar to the bottom of a 5 gal bucket gallon cut off at about 8 inches you hook up the reservoir and fill pipe put it in the container then put it in the 8 gal grow bag. and just fill with medium they are on the "ZON" but out of stock but they have them on the gro pro site.

No not a swick., I already made that mistake lol. thats when I learned the diffrence between them the hard way. that's a long story, but no it is a hard sided container that goes in the bag. and it allows you to use the super soil/living 7.5 gal recommended instead of using the 5 gal bucket

sounds like the quite the set up. wouldn't mind seeing it. are they selling it as a sub irrigated planter, or do they have some techno-adverspeak name for the system ?

41RHuXklJfL.jpg

it is basically the same as the grow bucket same principle but you dont have to use the 5 gal bucket it is actully called a GRO_BUDDY. just put it in a planter or grow bag

i guess the bag sits above the hard sides which forms the res ? i gather you have to cut a hole in the bag for the res pipe to pass through.

it's kind of a swick, find of a sip.

This will explain it much better than me

Soil that's the brown stuff under my greenhouse right?
I try and keep up but don't expect me to learn much, I'm too old. ;)
Hope your keeping well Brother. :passitleft:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom