cajuncelt mentioned the other day that he'd come across a couple guys making CCO using dry ice and the resulting oil was like honey. Anybody familiar with this technique? Anyone interested in eventually doing a video of the process, once we figure out what that process is?

cajuncelt mentioned the other day that he'd come across a couple guys making CCO using dry ice and the resulting oil was like honey. Anybody familiar with this technique? Anyone interested in eventually doing a video of the process, once we figure out what that process is?

I've been thinking it over too. The thing that makes most sense to me would be to add it during the quick wash, or to the solvent first to chill it right before the quick wash. Unless there's a way to use the co2 from the dry ice as the solvent. That would be cool! (Yes, cajun, pun intended.) Just like cajun to keep us all in suspense.

I've been thinking it over too. The thing that makes most sense to me would be to add it during the quick wash, or to the solvent first to chill it right before the quick wash. Unless there's a way to use the co2 from the dry ice as the solvent. That would be cool! (Yes, cajun, pun intended.) Just like cajun to keep us all in suspense.

I would guess he uses the dry ice to extract the kief then uses the kief to make the RSO, so little-to-no plant material even goes into the solvent. ;)

I would guess he uses the dry ice to extract the kief then uses the kief to make the RSO, so little-to-no plant material even goes into the solvent. ;)

I haven't found any reference yet that shows anything other than this.

supergroomer , this is what you did, but you added yours to coconut oil. So, we need a volunteer to give the dry ice hash conversion to oil a try and see what quality of oil you'd get. That conversation technique we have covered. I can't do anything for a few more weeks, but I have three DDAs coming down within the next month. If we haven't gotten a video by then I'll make a try with that first harvest.

Pigeons420 has volunteered to make the video once we determine the method and give him particulars. I want to search a while longer. I'll send Cajun a plea for more info. The man can be such a tease sometimes. He's lucky I adore him as much as I do. :laughtwo:

I adore you mon ami. Don't ever forget it. :kisstwo:

Back to my search.

On another note, AngryBird and I are working on launching a thread on home remedies, those tried and true fallbacks passed down through families. We'd hope that when we get it off the ground that you'll join us and share some of your own. I'll post a notice with a link when we launch. We're hoping for sometime today or in the wee small hours of the morning.

I haven't found any reference yet that shows anything other than this.

supergroomer , this is what you did, but you added yours to coconut oil. So, we need a volunteer to give the dry ice hash conversion to oil a try and see what quality of oil you'd get. That conversation technique we have covered. I can't do anything for a few more weeks, but I have three DDAs coming down within the next month. If we haven't gotten a video by then I'll make a try with that first harvest.

Pigeons420 has volunteered to make the video once we determine the method and give him particulars. I want to search a while longer. I'll send Cajun a plea for more info. The man can be such a tease sometimes. He's lucky I adore him as much as I do. :laughtwo:

I adore you mon ami. Don't ever forget it. :kisstwo:

Back to my search.

On another note, AngryBird and I are working on launching a thread on home remedies, those tried and true fallbacks passed down through families. We'd hope that when we get it off the ground that you'll join us and share some of your own. I'll post a notice with a link when we launch. We're hoping for sometime today or in the wee small hours of the morning.

It seems I got it correct. Extract the kief first with the dry ice ("dry ice hash") and use that to make the RSO/CCO.

I just watched a video on a lady making the oil. She would put her buds in a large glass salad bowl, she would then proceed to completely cover the material with the dry ice, after several minutes she would pour her ever clear alcohol into the mix (as you normally would). She would stir and mash the bud a bit , it would bubble almost like a witch's brew . She stir until the ice melted slightly then she filtered through a bubble hash bag into her megahome distiller. The video kinda ended abruptly so not sure what the final product looked like.Cannabis Extract using dry ice - YouTube.

Hmmmm.
Seems like a lot of assumptions made on 1 lil remark.

First, I'm not a tease. I just like to be sure not stepping on toes by splashing someone else's years of hard work all over the internet. Alot of folks do this everyday as their livelihood & I'm not going to assume they appreciate me explaining their exact process with others even though it is meant to help ppl.
It's called courtesy.

I sure didn't know yet another person had a hole production thing set up to go once they got from me how to do it. I wasn't even asked. Bad form.

I did however intend to post more once I had the process down myself. It is NOT this kief stuff several are posting about. It is a lil complicated plus I want these guys' full permission to share the process.

Again Sue, a professional & personal courtesy...

So, once I share the process these guys developed over years, it was going to be "borrowed", video taped & probably claimed by some who never even bothered to speak with me?

Wow. Unless I'm missing something, this behavior seems to be spreading around 420 lately.

Uncool.

Where is the Kool-Aid??????????????????

Dry ice shake to oil

The freezer is defrosted, dialed to max, lots of 190. -25f soon.

A friend wants 9oz of trim shaken. He said he would be happy with half back. This time I am going to hold off until the humidity drops below 30 in the house, probably tomorrow. I can take a few pictures, more if I have some help.

Let me do the shaking part and see just what I have to work with.

I never know
canyon

Where is the Kool-Aid??????????????????

Dry ice shake to oil

The freezer is defrosted, dialed to max, lots of 190. -25f soon.

A friend wants 9oz of trim shaken. He said he would be happy with half back. This time I am going to hold off until the humidity drops below 30 in the house, probably tomorrow. I can take a few pictures, more if I have some help.

Let me do the shaking part and see just what I have to work with.

I never know
canyon

Canyon, thank you. You're a doll. :hug: :love:

I heard back from Cajun, and the dry ice to CCO is a proprietary technique those guys worked up over years of playing with concentrates. He doubts we'll find any mention of the method anywhere online, and I believe him. So let's focus on the keif to CCO and see what we can learn.

Canyon, Major PITA worked up a method that doesn't require dry ice, only a cold freezer. Would you like me to get you the link to that?

I just watched a video on a lady making the oil. She would put her buds in a large glass salad bowl, she would then proceed to completely cover the material with the dry ice, after several minutes she would pour her ever clear alcohol into the mix (as you normally would). She would stir and mash the bud a bit , it would bubble almost like a witch's brew . She stir until the ice melted slightly then she filtered through a bubble hash bag into her megahome distiller. The video kinda ended abruptly so not sure what the final product looked like.Cannabis Extract using dry ice - YouTube.

This is the one I referenced in my earlier post. She never posted the final video showing the oil produced. Makes me wonder how effective it was.

Hmmmm.

First, I'm not a tease. I just like to be sure not stepping on toes by splashing someone else's years of hard work all over the internet. Alot of folks do this everyday as their livelihood & I'm not going to assume they appreciate me explaining their exact process with others even though it is meant to help ppl.
It's called courtesy.

I sure didn't know yet another person had a hole production thing set up to go once they got from me how to do it. I wasn't even asked. Bad form.

I did however intend to post more once I had the process down myself. It is NOT this kief stuff several are posting about. It is a lil complicated plus I want these guys' full permission to share the process.

So, once I share the process these guys developed over years, it was going to be "borrowed", video taped & probably claimed by some who never even bothered to speak with me?

Wow. Unless I'm missing something, this behavior seems to be spreading around 420 lately.

Uncool.

Nothing uncool about it mon ami. We've already acknowledged the proprietary nature of their process. We honestly thought it was something openly available to all.

Edit: I'd hope you know me well enough by now to know I wouldn't have proceeded with the video without your inclusion in the process. I sometimes move faster than expected, but that shouldn't be taken as a personal slight. You deserve every personal and professional courtesy, as do the creators of this technique. My heartfelt apologies for any misunderstanding Cajun. To say we appreciate your help here is beyond an understatement.

NEW THREAD ALERT

AngryBird and I have launched a new thread on home remedies. We're hoping to engage the community at large in this venture. I had some remedies that have proven themselves most effective over generations and she had her own. I'm almost certain everyone reading this has one or two tried-and-true home remedies, dont you?

Gather up those remedies and drop them into our new thread. I'm excited about learning new tricks that I can pass on to my own loved ones. Here's the link, so you can check us out.

Home Remedies: A Community Project

Hmmmm.

It's called courtesy.

Uncool.

Hmmm,

I believe I have read everything you have every posted Cajuncelt, you have imparted so much information for the masses. Thank you for all that you have shared, and for caring enough to spend your time doing so. Your sharing has helped me make better informed choices medicinally, not a trivial matter.

Although realistically we are all mostly faceless strangers, for some reason I was a little surprised by your response. I don't mean to be super critical, but you seem almost Corporate in your response. I know, I should walk a mile in your shoes before commenting as such, we never know what others are experiencing in life. People facing end of life have a different perspective, I know mine changed when Docs told me "you have 3 months to live", 4 years ago.

Again, I do appreciate everything you have shared on the subject matter, and not just on 420Magazine. It has been very helpful to me and untold numbers of other people, thank you CajunCelt.

Keith

I heard back from Cajun, and the dry ice to CCO is a proprietary technique those guys worked up over years of playing with concentrates. He doubts we'll find any mention of the method anywhere online, and I believe him. So let's focus on the keif to CCO and see what we can learn.

Canyon, Major PITA worked up a method that doesn't require dry ice, only a cold freezer. Would you like me to get you the link to that?

Yes, it would be nice to see what Major is doing. I have gone that way with mixed results.

Best
canyon

Thanks Major and Sue.
I have a set of those screens, though I never thought of using them like that. With luck I even have a jar that matches. I will try it and some with dry ice. I also have two larger screens.

What I have is trim and it is not mine, so who knows what to expect for yield.

Major
Your post is a few pages back so I will ask here, what RH have you had the best results? Thanks for the mesh micron conversion.

Best

Thanks Major and Sue.
I have a set of those screens, though I never thought of using them like that. With luck I even have a jar that matches. I will try it and some with dry ice. I also have two larger screens.

What I have is trim and it is not mine, so who knows what to expect for yield.

Major
Your post is a few pages back so I will ask here, what RH have you had the best results? Thanks for the mesh micron conversion.

Best

:kisstwo: You are really a dream Canyon. Such a adventurous spirit. I really wish New Mexico was in the cards. It's looking like more central US. It pleases me to be able to call you a friend. :hug: :love:

Back
Top Bottom