Aaaaaaawwhh, Nice to know you're thinkin' bout me and my dad.:circle-of-love:

OK, update on dad:

Last Friday my boyfriend and I went to see him and experiment more with his new juicer. Right after we got there, he asked my mom for a hotdog...I know it's terrible for him to each such garbage when his body is trying to fight this cancer but, we were so shocked he actually WANTED to eat something, I told my mom to cut one up and give it to him. So she cut up 1/4 of the hotdog and brought it to him. She came out of his room and told me and Ryan that "he'll NEVER eat all that..." Well, he did and he asked for more, and when all was said and done, he actually ate more than 3/4 of the hotdog and my mother said he hadn't eaten that much in one sitting in probably a YEAR! We were all floored. And he didn't cough it up, it made it to his belly and managed to stay there.:cheer:

My niece and her boyfriend came to see him (first time they saw him in about 2 weeks) and they said that he looked 150% better than he did the last time they saw him...they also said it's much easier to understand what he's saying and his motor skills have improved. It's hard for me to notice things like this I suppose because I see him almost every day, but when I think about it, I have to agree. When I saw him in the hospital this last time, I honestly thought he'd be dead in a few days. He literally looked like a corpse. Granted, he hasn't put on any weight, but his overall color is much better and it did seem easier to understand him, like he had much less goop in the back of his throat.

And, as we were leaving, my brother rushed out to the car to tell me, "whatever you're doing seems to be working, because today, I watched dad walk up the back entrance stairs almost like a normal healthy person!!" My brother said it has been MONTHS since he was able to get up those steps without any help and without collapsing, and it would take him an eternity to get up the steps...my brother said it only took him less than a minute. He has also been able to get up out of bed, grab his walker, go out the door and down the hall and make it to the bathroom WITHOUT ANY HELP. He was unable to make it to the bathroom that was INSIDE his hospital room, 2 weeks ago......so, who knows?? Things were looking good....until...

Sunday night, my brother called me saying that my dad wanted a meatball, and after that he wanted some noodles mixed with canned tomatoes...Again, not good for fighting his cancer, but he's so freaking skinny, I can't help but be MORE concerned with putting some meat on his bones so I again told them to let him have it. I thought it went well until I called my mom Monday night, and she said that he only ate HALF the meatball, and began coughing it up and gurgling again....and then he didn't want any noodles and tomatoes. He also says he isn't "sleeping for shit!" And that surprises me because, I got a predominantly Indica CCO infused with coconut oil made for him. I was instructed to start him out by giving him 1.5 ml of it, and work my way up until he finds the right amount to make him sleep good (we only give this to him at night around 1.5-2hrs before he wants to go to sleep.) Well, we have given him already within a few days, 7ml of this at one time, and he still didn't sleep good! I took 10ml at one time (before I ever gave any to him) and THAT was the amount I needed to more or less put me to sleep. Again, it's not like I have a tolerance built up in me so, why would it take SO much to put me and my dad out? I can only assume it either wasn't made right, or it was made with crappy starting material, I have no idea....I'm definitely NOT an expert. Just wondering if it's safe to tell my mother to give HIM 10ml and see what happens?

So, it seemed things were kind of looking up, but then he had all those problems trying to eat the meatball, and yesterday, I could barely understand him....He had WAY TOO MUCH crud accumulated in the back of his throat. It really threw me off.

Yesterday, I bought some CBD crystals supposedly 99% pure Indica CBD, and a vaporizer for him to smoke the dry crystals with, because I thought vaping straight CBD would get some good stuff DIRECTLY to this tumor that is causing so many problems. Now, I don't even know if I bought the right thing for him because it was an impulse buy and I can't find anything online to really help me with what I got! So frustrating.....

Big hug Tanya. :hug::hug::hug: Let me back up and read.

Aaaaaaawwhh, Nice to know you're thinkin' bout me and my dad.:circle-of-love:

OK, update on dad:

Last Friday my boyfriend and I went to see him and experiment more with his new juicer. Right after we got there, he asked my mom for a hotdog...I know it's terrible for him to each such garbage when his body is trying to fight this cancer but, we were so shocked he actually WANTED to eat something, I told my mom to cut one up and give it to him. So she cut up 1/4 of the hotdog and brought it to him. She came out of his room and told me and Ryan that "he'll NEVER eat all that..." Well, he did and he asked for more, and when all was said and done, he actually ate more than 3/4 of the hotdog and my mother said he hadn't eaten that much in one sitting in probably a YEAR! We were all floored. And he didn't cough it up, it made it to his belly and managed to stay there.:cheer:

My niece and her boyfriend came to see him (first time they saw him in about 2 weeks) and they said that he looked 150% better than he did the last time they saw him...they also said it's much easier to understand what he's saying and his motor skills have improved. It's hard for me to notice things like this I suppose because I see him almost every day, but when I think about it, I have to agree. When I saw him in the hospital this last time, I honestly thought he'd be dead in a few days. He literally looked like a corpse. Granted, he hasn't put on any weight, but his overall color is much better and it did seem easier to understand him, like he had much less goop in the back of his throat.

And, as we were leaving, my brother rushed out to the car to tell me, "whatever you're doing seems to be working, because today, I watched dad walk up the back entrance stairs almost like a normal healthy person!!" My brother said it has been MONTHS since he was able to get up those steps without any help and without collapsing, and it would take him an eternity to get up the steps...my brother said it only took him less than a minute. He has also been able to get up out of bed, grab his walker, go out the door and down the hall and make it to the bathroom WITHOUT ANY HELP. He was unable to make it to the bathroom that was INSIDE his hospital room, 2 weeks ago......so, who knows?? Things were looking good....until...

Sunday night, my brother called me saying that my dad wanted a meatball, and after that he wanted some noodles mixed with canned tomatoes...Again, not good for fighting his cancer, but he's so freaking skinny, I can't help but be MORE concerned with putting some meat on his bones so I again told them to let him have it. I thought it went well until I called my mom Monday night, and she said that he only ate HALF the meatball, and began coughing it up and gurgling again....and then he didn't want any noodles and tomatoes. He also says he isn't "sleeping for shit!" And that surprises me because, I got a predominantly Indica CCO infused with coconut oil made for him. I was instructed to start him out by giving him 1.5 ml of it, and work my way up until he finds the right amount to make him sleep good (we only give this to him at night around 1.5-2hrs before he wants to go to sleep.) Well, we have given him already within a few days, 7ml of this at one time, and he still didn't sleep good! I took 10ml at one time (before I ever gave any to him) and THAT was the amount I needed to more or less put me to sleep. Again, it's not like I have a tolerance built up in me so, why would it take SO much to put me and my dad out? I can only assume it either wasn't made right, or it was made with crappy starting material, I have no idea....I'm definitely NOT an expert. Just wondering if it's safe to tell my mother to give HIM 10ml and see what happens?

So, it seemed things were kind of looking up, but then he had all those problems trying to eat the meatball, and yesterday, I could barely understand him....He had WAY TOO MUCH crud accumulated in the back of his throat. It really threw me off.

Yesterday, I bought some CBD crystals supposedly 99% pure Indica CBD, and a vaporizer for him to smoke the dry crystals with, because I thought vaping straight CBD would get some good stuff DIRECTLY to this tumor that is causing so many problems. Now, I don't even know if I bought the right thing for him because it was an impulse buy and I can't find anything online to really help me with what I got! So frustrating.....

These things can be very frustrating. First off, he was showing some very good signs, so let's think about what happened here. The reality is that he's been more or less fasting for an unknown period of time, and he chose to break that fast with red meat. Not a good idea. The procedure for breaking a fast is to come in gently with plant-based foods and work your way into the proteins, avoiding red meats as long as possible.

That may be most of the reason for the setback. We have no way of knowing for sure, but I always start with diet and work out from there. As hungry as he may get, you need to steer him to better choices until he's much stronger.

The CBD crystals can't hurt him Tanja. I'd trust the influence of the universe here and assume there was something in those crystals that he needed. To fight that tumor you need THC and lots of it.

As far as the dose levels, go for it. Everyone's body responds individually to cannabis therapies. Your optimal therapeutic dose has no relevance to your father's optimal therapeutic dose. Keep increasing slowly until you find the point where his body responds positively.

I want you to also be aware that sometimes people improve dramatically right before they go straight downhill. Cajun warned us in the beginning that sometimes you just need to come to terms with the cancer and offer comfort. Again, we have no idea where we stand here, but you need to be realistic even as we continue to hold hope for improvement.

We have no guidebook here Tanja, so I'm proud of you for persisting as you try to write an effective strategy for you beloved father. Next time you see your mother give her a hug from me for doing such a good job with you. :hug: :love:

That makes sense...red meat after all this time=BAD. I'll run that theory by him, maybe perk him up a bit. Perhaps I can get him to just eat a few tablespoons of the Hemp Seed hearts we've been trying to turn into powder and add to his fresh juices? Maybe he can tolerate that taste (to me, they taste like a pistachio/cashew combination) and just eat them that way because my mother is having a hell of a time getting them ground up good enough so they don't clog his feeding tube.:hmmmm:

I also got some hemp oil yesterday....maybe could use that to "chase" the seeds down his throat?? IDK, I'm just brainstorming out loud here....I need to find a smooth way to administer all that he needs without driving my poor mother insane. I keep going down there with treatment regimens and ideas, and it's just so overwhelming to my mom. She's waiting on my dad, hand and foot, and he is so miserable, he can't even be nice to her for doing all that she is trying to do for him. So sad. And how do you yell at a man who is lashing out at those closest to him, when he is SO SICK AND MISERABLE? I know I cannot "yell" at him, but it's all but impossible to bring his harshness to his attention without ticking him off and making things worse.....I know he doesn't mean it, but my mother is getting brought SO FAR DOWN and I keep telling her they're just words and he is being mean to her because he's scared and he doesn't mean it. I have VERY thick skin, my mother does not...not even close. She's the nicest most sensitive and caring person I've ever known and she doesn't know how to ignore ugly words and insults. It's breaking her down and all I can do is watch. She is 78 years old and in pretty good health, but all of this stress and his ugliness towards her is wearing her out and I don't want HER to get sick, too!

UGH, SO TOUGH...

THANK YOU AGAIN, FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND ADVISE, SUE. UR THE BEST.:thumb::thanks::love::hug:

I've been where your mother is, without the abuse. I'm happy to say that during the thirty-five years I shared with Dale he never once spoke a disparaging word to me, despite my craziness and despite the twenty year dance with death we endured together. The final two years were brutal. The final year was unbelievable, but we still managed to hold onto each other and laugh where we could. I feel incredibly blessed to have had such a positive finish to my personal love affair.

What your mother needs most is a break every now and then and as many hugs as you and your family can give her. Hugs are a healing force all their own. Don't underestimate their power or her need for them. And some hysterically funny movies come in handy. I keep a YouTube playlist of funny music videos (Dad Life is my personal favorite) for the hardest times. I used to go into Dale's hospital room in the mornings, pull up Walk Off The Earth's cover of "Happy" and dance around the room like a fool. :laughtwo: The nurses loved it. Lol!

I'm blessed with an irrepressibly optimistic nature. It's served me well when life saw fit to kick at me hard. It makes me a good cheerleader and I'm glad I'm able to help you find some positivity in this time. Let love be the overriding expression and everyone comes out much better in the end. You're very perceptive about your father. With some thought you'll find ways to make it easier on your mother that she'll greatly appreciate. One day at a time.

I know the same as you. Just opened up my nasal allergy spray today and thought maybe you knew something about it. Lol. I think it's a good way to deliver meds, just have to figure out how so we don't end up blowing sticky oil out of our nose.

Is this a cannabis-based medication, or something you're just curious about? The closest I've heard of is a mouth spray they're working on in the UK. Come to think of it, I recall reading something about an atomizing unit, which would be a step towards an inhaler.

We're on the cusp of an explosion in cannabis medications that's going to stun us in the variety and diversity that will be available.

Is this a cannabis-based medication, or something you're just curious about? The closest I've heard of is a mouth spray they're working on in the UK. Come to think of it, I recall reading something about an atomizing unit, which would be a step towards an inhaler.

We're on the cusp of an explosion in cannabis medications that's going to stun us in the variety and diversity that will be available.
I don't have it. Its just a thought. Seemed like a good idea to me. Lol

That makes sense...red meat after all this time=BAD. I'll run that theory by him, maybe perk him up a bit. Perhaps I can get him to just eat a few tablespoons of the Hemp Seed hearts we've been trying to turn into powder and add to his fresh juices? Maybe he can tolerate that taste (to me, they taste like a pistachio/cashew combination) and just eat them that way because my mother is having a hell of a time getting them ground up good enough so they don't clog his feeding tube.:hmmmm:

I also got some hemp oil yesterday....maybe could use that to "chase" the seeds down his throat?? IDK, I'm just brainstorming out loud here....I need to find a smooth way to administer all that he needs without driving my poor mother insane. I keep going down there with treatment regimens and ideas, and it's just so overwhelming to my mom. She's waiting on my dad, hand and foot, and he is so miserable, he can't even be nice to her for doing all that she is trying to do for him. So sad. And how do you yell at a man who is lashing out at those closest to him, when he is SO SICK AND MISERABLE? I know I cannot "yell" at him, but it's all but impossible to bring his harshness to his attention without ticking him off and making things worse.....I know he doesn't mean it, but my mother is getting brought SO FAR DOWN and I keep telling her they're just words and he is being mean to her because he's scared and he doesn't mean it. I have VERY thick skin, my mother does not...not even close. She's the nicest most sensitive and caring person I've ever known and she doesn't know how to ignore ugly words and insults. It's breaking her down and all I can do is watch. She is 78 years old and in pretty good health, but all of this stress and his ugliness towards her is wearing her out and I don't want HER to get sick, too!

UGH, SO TOUGH...

THANK YOU AGAIN, FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND ADVISE, SUE. UR THE BEST.:thumb::thanks::love::hug:

Cannabis oil & herxing... feeling worse before feeling better

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is it?

Also known as the "Herxheimer Reaction", this reaction occurs when the body tries to eliminate toxins at a faster rate than they can be properly disposed of. The more toxic one's bodily systems are, the more severe the detoxification, or healing crisis. It is characterized by a temporary increase in symptoms during the cleansing or detox process which may be mild or severe. You may feel worse and therefore conclude that the treatment is not working. But these reactions are instead signs that the treatment is working and that your body is going through the process of cleaning itself of impurities, toxins and imbalances.

Such reactions are temporary and can occur immediately -- or within several days, or even several weeks, of a detox. Symptoms usually pass within 1-3 days, but on rare occasions can last several weeks. If you are suffering from a major illness, the symptoms you experience during the healing crisis may be identical to the disease itself. Sometimes discomfort during the healing crisis is of greater intensity than when you were developing the chronic disease. This may explain why there may be a brief flare-up in one's condition. Often the crisis will come after you feel your very best. Most people feel somewhat ill during the first few days of a cleanse because it is at that point that your body dumps toxins into the blood stream for elimination. With a more serious condition there may be many small crises to go through before the final one is possible. In any case, a cleansing & purifying process is underway, and stored wastes are in a free-flowing state.

Cause:
The healing crisis is the result of every body-system, in concert, working to eliminate waste products through all elimination channels and set the stage for regeneration. The end result: old tissues are replaced with new. When any treatment or cleansing program causes a large scale die-off of bacteria, a significant amount of endotoxins (toxins within the bacteria itself) are released into the body. The more bacteria present, and the stronger their endotoxins, the stronger the cleansing reaction. When any treatment or detox causes the organs of the body (particularly the liver, which is a storehouse of drug and poison residues) to release their stored poisons and toxins, a cleansing reaction may occur. Any program, such as fasting, which causes a rapid breakdown of fat cells (which are a storehouse for toxins), can cause a healing crisis as toxins previously lodged in the fat cells are released into the blood stream.

Symptoms:
The healing crisis will usually bring about past conditions in whatever order the body is capable of handling at that time. People often forget the diseases or injuries they have had in the past, but are usually reminded during the crisis. There are a wide variety of reactions that may manifest during a healing crisis, the most common are:

Increased joint or muscle pain

Diarrhea
Extreme fatigue and/or its opposite, restlessness
Cramps
Headache (believed to be caused by buildup of toxins in the blood)
Aches, Pains
Arthritic flair up
Insomnia
Nausea
Sinus congestion
Fever (usually low grade) and/or chills
Frequent urination and/or urinary tract discharges
Drop in blood pressure
Skin eruptions, including: boils, hives, and rashes.
Cold or flu-like symptoms
Strong emotions: anger, despair, sadness, fear, etc.
Suppressed memories arise
Anxiety
Mood swings
New phobias develop

Alright sue. What do you know about a nasal spray for ingestion?

There are about 8 nasal sprays on the mmj market. I haven't used any, buy they are very quick.
One of the problems with them are that the cannabinoids are synthesized and/or isolated.
Fully extracted, whole plant sprays aren't there yet for some reason. I personally suspect it's because of the bad wrap GM Pharmaceutical gave it through Sativex.

Nasal sprays are the only legal method of ingestion in some places.

SavingDad,
Your dad is in so much chronic pain & buried in so many symptoms of disease that his mind has literally taken him somewhere else temporarily.
The cannabis can contribute to bringing him down a few notches.
Maybe a member here will get your email address & work out obtaining some real oil.
I can't right now, or out would already be sent.

Your mom needs to take time for herself. She needs lots of moments without the subject of illness...or your dad for a few moments.
Hang in there.

I was about to get offline & had an idea.
Download "Weed Maps". Google Denver Cannabis Menus of the Mods have a potential problem with that.
Either way, look at a typical mmj dispensary's menu. Scroll down from the flowers, passed the concentrates & edibles, and check out all the lotions, tinctures, sprays, ointments, etc. there is out there right now.

Some of you might be shocked.
I know I was at first.

We have everything from insect repellent to eye drops. It's crazy & getting better.

I was about to get offline & had an idea.
Download "Weed Maps". Google Denver Cannabis Menus of the Mods have a potential problem with that.
Either way, look at a typical mmj dispensary's menu. Scroll down from the flowers, passed the concentrates & edibles, and check out all the lotions, tinctures, sprays, ointments, etc. there is out there right now.

Some of you might be shocked.
I know I was at first.

We have everything from insect repellent to eye drops. It's crazy & getting better.

Wow! I'm feeling seriously left behind. It'll take PA another two years just to figure out what they're doing.

Er...Sue, I know you have ties. But,..........

2 bedroom 1 bath house, 450-550.

Just saying.

Best

I hear you Canyon. :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom