Hi Sue,

Should the cannabis in a salve be decarboxylated or not. I have made it when it wasn't decarboxylated and the salve didn't seem to do anything. Not sure if the above pain salve description explains this or not. When I made the original salve I followed directions that said better to not decarb it as THCA is more valuable used as a salve. I still have a couple of giant jars of the original non decarbed salve wondering what would happen if I added some simpson oil to it?

Well, hello Arctic Bowl. I'm so glad you found us. You have plenty of time to be prepared before harvest. Will you be doing a grow journal? I can tell you, there's no better way to guarantee a successful harvest and to get to know the community than to have a band of friendly neighbors watching from over your shoulder as you grow. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Make yourself at home and feel free to ask anything. I keep rediculous hours on site, so I'm usually around, and I have a friendly band of comrades who are quick with helpful information. We're here for you. :hug:

Welcome to the branch of your family you didn't know existed until right now. :circle-of-love:

Thank you so much for your kindness and generosity. We are so new that I'm sure a journal may bore you kind folks death. We will for sure share what we are trying though. We are trying purple kush and green crack photoperiod seeds for our first go at this. The green crack germinated very easy ( 3 for 3) the purple kush (1 for 3 so trying two more) not sure why the kush is being so difficult but oh well live and learn.
We have two tents 4x4 and 4x8 set up, using the 4x4 for seedlings and veg and if we are lucky enough to have them servive the 4x8 for flower. Growing in store bought soil because we're not up to speed on the hydro as yet. Fox farm soils and added extra perlite.
Thank you again for this thread we truely do appreciate your and everyone's knowledge, we have so much to learn and this helps out tons.
We'll be folowing along and attending study hall :)

Thank you so much for your kindness and generosity. We are so new that I'm sure a journal may bore you kind folks death. We will for sure share what we are trying though. We are trying purple kush and green crack photoperiod seeds for our first go at this. The green crack germinated very easy ( 3 for 3) the purple kush (1 for 3 so trying two more) not sure why the kush is being so difficult but oh well live and learn.
We have two tents 4x4 and 4x8 set up, using the 4x4 for seedlings and veg and if we are lucky enough to have them servive the 4x8 for flower. Growing in store bought soil because we're not up to speed on the hydro as yet. Fox farm soils and added extra perlite.
Thank you again for this thread we truely do appreciate your and everyone's knowledge, we have so much to learn and this helps out tons.
I don't mind being bored. Lol! I'd follow if you had a journal.

Hi Sue,

Should the cannabis in a salve be decarboxylated or not. I have made it when it wasn't decarboxylated and the salve didn't seem to do anything. Not sure if the above pain salve description explains this or not. When I made the original salve I followed directions that said better to not decarb it as THCA is more valuable used as a salve. I still have a couple of giant jars of the original non decarbed salve wondering what would happen if I added some simpson oil to it?

IMO, you could only enhance the healing potential by doing so. There's truth to the idea that the THCA is valuable, although this is the first I'm hearing of it used as a salve. My first thought was to simply toss them into an oven on the lowest setting and let them cook for a day or so, but if you add the CCO to it you'll have the best of both worlds.

It's possible that your salve was having effects you weren't consciously registering. Herbal medications and therapies are done on the scale of weeks, months and years, where we've been conditioned by pharmaceuticals to expect almost instant results. Change on a cellular level doesn't always work instantaneously, but healing is always preferable to simply treating symptoms.

I say go for it. If nothing else you have a huge creme base sitting there waiting for you to supercharge it with CCO. Good luck, and please keep me informed as to how effective it was. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Let me introduce you to arteekay, one of my favorite members. He and his grow partner are growing a Purple Kush right now, 29 days into the flip. He posts daily updates, like myself, (we might have just a touch of OCD :laughtwo:) so you can track the growth and development from the start. His documentation is to die for. He'll be an excellent guide for this strain and he can probably help you find someone who's growing a Green Crack.

Arteekay's Second Grow - Crop King Autos & Feminized - Mixed Strains

Here's some teasers from last night's post by arteekay. This is what your PK can do with proper training. Not that the scrog is necessary, just that it increases yield potential. This is their second attempt at the scrog.

PK at 94 days, 29 days from flipping (28.83 lbs, down from 32.11 yesterday):

I think you'll be happy with the PK. :battingeyelashes: Feel free to track any of us down in our grow journals to share your grow or ask any questions. We quite regularly post pictures on each other's journals, so no one will think your being out of hand. I look forward to the exciting moment when you're ready to make that first batch of healing CCO.

It's really good to have you find us early. All too often it's already too late. Let the healing begin. Have you read through cajuncelt's cancer protocol thread? I keep tabs on that thread for him as well since his life got so busy. That's where I'm going to be pulling the regimine I'll recommend for your wife from.

A Base Treatment Regimen for Cancer

It's a lot of information that only seems overwhelming because it's new to you. We're here to guide you through, but you'll be amazed at how quickly it becomes second nature. Ask anything and please, there's no way you could ever be a bother, so dispel any thoughts in that direction. Keep asking until you have an understanding you're comfortable with. We've found that a deeper understanding of the mechanisms at play help us fine-tune our protocols.

What if the lid was there to keep in moisture? Do the benefits of the meds evaporate into the air? Just a Q I thought of after reading your post.

actually I think if you heat then cool then reheat again, you would end up with water added to the mixture from condensation on the inside of the lid. its the same way people poison themselves with food all the time by putting hot food away in the fridge with a cover on it.

not the same result, lol. obviously. it was just an example.

my question is, would that extra "water" cause issue with the end product at all?

There's no water in there, other than the small amount of water locked in the plant cells. I'd recommend letting the plant material set out for a day or two under a protective cloth to dry, or alternatively, dry it in the oven at the lowest setting until it easily crumbles. I had no problem with any condensation. Keeping the lid on assures that any vaporization of the terpenes gets them locked into the oil instead of floating off into the atmosphere.

I'm telling you guys, this oil extraction, made with a slow cook over 36 hours, is hands down the most fragrant I've made so far. That suggests I have a much better entourage gathered for this batch than I got with other methods.

We are growing a PK and a green Crack auto that's bigger than some of our photos in flower. You should stop by our journal, and also take Sue's advice to hook up with Arteekay. Have a great day!

We are growing a PK and a green Crack auto that's bigger than some of our photos in flower. You should stop by our journal, and also take Sue's advice to hook up with Arteekay. Have a great day!

That's where the Green Crack is! Thank you Canna. I just woke up and haven't cleared the brain fog with a shower yet. Must be time. :laughtwo:

That's where the Green Crack is! Thank you Canna. I just woke up and haven't cleared the brain fog with a shower yet. Must be time. :laughtwo:
We are on a picture taking spree. We just got a Nikon camera. We will post pics of the PK reveg, the PK seedling, and the green Crack auto later. And you need to smoke this :passitleft: to clear the brain fog silly girl. Or was it to induce brain fog. Hmm. Either way, it's smoke time! :hug:

We are on a picture taking spree. We just got a Nikon camera. We will post pics of the PK reveg, the PK seedling, and the green Crack auto later. And you need to smoke this :passitleft: to clear the brain fog silly girl. Or was it to induce brain fog. Hmm. Either way, it's smoke time! :hug:

Thanks. :passitleft:

I'm waiting for the washer to stop so I can take a shower. Small apartment and old plumbing. I just had some wax delivered that I'm going to try after breakfast.

1. Absolutely. I live in the center of the natural gas universe. :laughtwo: Is there any better way to cook?
2. The lid helps to keep the temps up inside that jar, I'm sure, but I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work with just stirring. If you have a pizza stone, let it heat up to temperature as the oven heats and set your jar on that. The pizza stone will regulate the heat better than the glass dish I used. I learned the pizza stone trick in my wanderings today.
3. Go ahead and turn it off overnight. Then kick it back on for the day. You only need a min. 24 hours total baking time. It doesn't have to be in a straight run. You're already sound asleep now, so this is more for reference than anything else.

Keep me posted. He may sleep at first.

There's no water in there, other than the small amount of water locked in the plant cells. I'd recommend letting the plant material set out for a day or two under a protective cloth to dry, or alternatively, dry it in the oven at the lowest setting until it easily crumbles. I had no problem with any condensation. Keeping the lid on assures that any vaporization of the terpenes gets them locked into the oil instead of floating off into the atmosphere.

I'm telling you guys, this oil extraction, made with a slow cook over 36 hours, is hands down the most fragrant I've made so far. That suggests I have a much better entourage gathered for this batch than I got with other methods.

hey sue, these are the posts I was referring to when talking about water and condensation. the idea of turning it off overnight, even with a pizza stone is what I was taking issue with as far as water goes.

I understand that with your 36 hour straight bake there wouldn't be any water present, as the temp is kept relatively constant throughout. well as much as any oven can do that anyways. lol the minor fluctuation of oven heat cycles is minimal in difference. as opposed to shutting down for several hours.

I know that in one old bakery I worked at we had to leave the old pizza ovens on 24/7 because the recovery time if someone shut them off the night before was ridiculous. so that rules out the stone helping much when shut down for the night.

that being said, the stone is a great idea to evenly regulate the temps of the glass jar with those cyclic oven changes.

and speaking of the jar......very cool jar you got there. was almost thinking antique. lol

you actually made me search it and low and behold it is a current run product. love the shape and size for salves and balms. I would even like it for the butter lol.

sorry this question was meant to be quoted in my "book" above as well. lol

Hi Sue just a couple of Q's.

1. So Gas stove? me too.

2. Just wondering. The glass jar does it have to have a top? need the top for shaking? cannot stir it instead. Or does the cap keep in the goodies?
Looks good, i like, I will look for a jar with a hat, pretty sure I don't have one, yet.

3. 24-36 hours, that is a long time. I was thinking of trying 3-6 hours for my first go. then off overnight leave it in the oven and re heat in the AM, I read in the link that he did that.

I don't want it to be too strong for me kitty. meow. must give it a test drive first.

hey sue, these are the posts I was referring to when talking about water and condensation. the idea of turning it off overnight, even with a pizza stone is what I was taking issue with as far as water goes.

I understand that with your 36 hour straight bake there wouldn't be any water present, as the temp is kept relatively constant throughout. well as much as any oven can do that anyways. lol the minor fluctuation of oven heat cycles is minimal in difference. as opposed to shutting down for several hours.

I know that in one old bakery I worked at we had to leave the old pizza ovens on 24/7 because the recovery time if someone shut them off the night before was ridiculous. so that rules out the stone helping much when shut down for the night.

that being said, the stone is a great idea to evenly regulate the temps of the glass jar with those cyclic oven changes.

and speaking of the jar......very cool jar you got there. was almost thinking antique. lol

you actually made me search it and low and behold it is a current run product. love the shape and size for salves and balms. I would even like it for the butter lol.

Good points about the stone. I hadn't thought about turning it off overnight.

Those are nice jars. I have them on my list for the next time I'm at the local Target, which is where I found them. It's surprising how many jars this cultivation hobby requires. :laughtwo:

Wow, tried to send a private message but you need 50 posts to do so, hmmmm, this could be a challenge. Kind of a odd rule but, I guess I'll wait like everyone has to. :-(

:laughtwo: We've all been up against it Arctic. It demonstrates commitment to the site and dissuades trolls. You can do a quick 40 posts all over the place saying nothing more than "great plants". It can be easier than you realize to chalk up 40 quick posts.

:laughtwo: We've all been up against it Arctic. It demonstrates commitment to the site and dissuades trolls. You can do a quick 40 posts all over the place saying nothing more than "great plants". It can be easier than you realize to chalk up 40 quick posts.
I totally agree with Sue. Nobody is going to run you out of their journal for complimenting them. They will probably want you to stick around! I know I would. Lol. No need to be shy around here! :thumb:

I totally agree with Sue. Nobody is going to run you out of their journal for complimenting them. They will probably want you to stick around! I know I would. Lol. No need to be shy around here! :thumb:

Well after searching around more I found we are not able to start a new thread. Under the posting permission it states this and I believe we can not upload pictures. Maybe we need to be members longer or need or 50 post count thing? Not sure?

Well after searching around more I found we are not able to start a new thread. Under the posting permission it states this and I believe we can not upload pictures. Maybe we need to be members longer or need or 50 post count thing? Not sure?

here it is copied from the official how to. like it says, start in "journals in progress". if you cant figure out where that is, any grow active grow journal at the top will have a "paper trail" it is just above the advertising banners and looks like this...

Home Forum THE GROW ROOM Grow Journals Journals in Progress Aussie Blues - LED - Scrog

hope that helps, its as much a walkthrough as anyone can give you.

How to Make a Grow Journal

With enough setup information in the beginning, your grow journal will be monitored and analyzed by master growers from all over the world. The more pride and effort you put into your journal, the more response, interaction and support you will receive from our members and staff.

First and foremost, please make sure to post your Grow Journal in the proper area for Journals In Progress.

Also, please make sure to use proper grammar and structure when choosing your thread title, your Name/Growing-Medium/Strain-Name/Year is a good start.

Examples:
420's Hydro Skywalker Grow Journal - 2010
420's Outdoor Skywalker Grow Journal - 2009
420's Soil Skywalker Grow Journal - 2010
420's Deep Water Culture Skywalker Grow Journal -2008

There are many journals hosted on 420 Magazine. You increase your potential number of subscribers when they can immediately determine the strain and grow method - right from your title.

Consider putting as much of the following information as possible to start the thread with.

What strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor?
Soil or Hydro?
If soil... what is in your mix?
If soil... What size pot?
Size of light?
Is it aircooled?
Temp of Room/cab?
RH of Room/cab?
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ?
How often are you watering?
Type and strength of ferts used?

This info will make it much easier for accurate help to be given when needed and keep the members interested in your grow.

EXAMPLE

Bucket Size - 3.5 gallon
Medium - 75% perlite 25% vermiculite.
Lights - (2) 400w HID
Nutrients - FloraNova Grow/Bloom, Floralicious Plus
Strain(s) - Blue Dream, Cannalope Haze, Lavender
# of Plants: 9
Yield : 14-16 Ounces.

The ONLY way to receive optimal attention, feedback and support is to provide photos!

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Please make sure to respect our Posting Guidelines by using our Gallery.

And lastly, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Thanks for your support and we look forward to watching your beautiful ladies grow...

Love and Respect.

:laughtwo: As you can see Arctic, we love our journals and we love helping each other grow.

Back
Top Bottom