Supergroomer made a excellent point about the THC oil being a indica or sativa.Personally l like to let THC convert to CBN naturally by leaving it exposed to sunlight(uv light would work also) and air for a couple of weeks, but by letting it heat at a higher temp and longer should do the trick. I also find the CBN kicks in better when i eat right before i take a cap....Regarding the pain cream consistency try using cocoa butter(the one i use has jojoba oil added) i find it gave it a firmer and creamier product.:green_heart:

Hi folks,

I'm back again with another question :)

Im currently helping a guy with chronic arthritis. He also suffers with extreme anxiety and depression poor guy. I've sent him some Bio Bomb caps from a 1:1 and even after 1.5 days of using these, he is noticing a reduction in pain.

One other issue he has is sleeping. It doesn't matter how much THC he smokes, it doesn't seem to help.

So my thoughts are for him to try some capsules for bedtime. I have some high THC oil and i thought it maybe better to decarb the oil for longer as to create more CBN.

The flowers were debarbed in the oven for 1 hr before i made the oil. My question to you folks is. Im i on the right track with the CBN and if so, how much longer would you recommend debarbing for?

One of my walking buddies is an older woman with ADHD who's been taking capsules I made for her. We discovered early in that the capsules made with a 1:1 ratio (CBD Criticle Cure) made her a little drowsy, so she started taking them at bedtime and has slept well ever since. I like the idea of encouraging CBN. I'll file that away. I know we've discussed this before. Another encouragement to get into the early pages and see just what is in there.

Hi folks,

In regards to the cream, i melted it back down and added nearly an Oz of beeswax. Now it's perfect but i just can't understand why mine is so different to Sues?

Never mind, i got there in the end :)

Hi folks,

In regards to the cream, i melted it back down and added nearly an Oz of beeswax. Now it's perfect but i just can't understand why mine is so different to Sues?

Never mind, i got there in the end :)

:laughtwo: I have no explaination, other than the possibility that the difference in beeswax is more of a variable than we thought.

I'm so glad you worked it out. Well done lab rat. :high-five:

Good evening Ms Sue :) hope your having an awesome one, enjoy that moon :circle-of-love:

Oh yea, and a little of our Northern Lights :passitleft:

Blessed Buds our Gaurdian Angel

How thoughtful of you Arctic. :passitleft:

It was a glorious moon. I live in an apartment building and we have a relatively small window of opportunity to observe the moon from this side. I was blessed to spot the moon before it passed over to the other side of the building.

SweetSue Good Evening :hug:
Good Morning all (in my end of the world)

I can't wait o make creme it look so beautiful...(funny word I know) really want to try some on my back.:circle-of-love:

I made the cream and it set up just fine, almost too hard. Next time I will add a bit more infused coconut oil. I adapted a recipe I found and added magnesium chloride. I gave small jars to friends to try for pain and cramps. So far I am getting very positive feedback. It was a mess cleaning up my stick blender but worth the pain relief.

SweetSue Good Evening :hug:
Good Morning all (in my end of the world)

I can't wait o make creme it look so beautiful...(funny word I know) really want to try some on my back.:circle-of-love:

Your days are ahead Birdie. It's a great muscle relaxer. I use it for everything. Little aches, big aches, just because it feels good on the skin, for deeper massage..... There are a myriad of uses for this delightful cream.

I made the cream and it set up just fine, almost too hard. Next time I will add a bit more infused coconut oil. I adapted a recipe I found and added magnesium chloride. I gave small jars to friends to try for pain and cramps. So far I am getting very positive feedback. It was a mess cleaning up my stick blender but worth the pain relief.

The consistency you're going for is just a little thicker than a whipped butter. I like the idea of adding magnesium chloride. How much did you add?

I made about an 8 OZ batch as an experiment.

1/2 Cup Magnesium Flakes
2-3 Tbsp. Distilled Hot Water
1/4 Cup Infused Coconut Oil
1/4 Cup Grape seed Oil
1 Tbsp. unrefined Shea Butter
2 1/2 Tbsp. Bees Wax
1 tsp. Vitamin E oil
20 – 30 drops of Essential Oils (optional, I used Lavender)

Mix water and flakes and set aside. Melt the rest of the ingredients. With stick blender running in melted hot oil slowly pour in the water mixture. I poured into small "sample jars" while still warm.

A friend of mine has trouble with foot pain. She applied some of this oil to the bottom of her feet for her 12 hour shift standing and said she had no pain all night.

Tue damage I did to my foot last month is still healing, so before I put on my shoes to head out I smear some onto that area of my left foot. It keeps any discomfort at bay for the entire time I'm out.

I also slather some down the left side of my neck before going walking to keep those muscles relaxed. Whatever's going on with my left upper back has been causing the muscles up that side of my neck to try to freeze up. The cream helps keep me flexible.

It's really so multi-functional.

I have read that if you apply Magnesium oil to the bottom of your feet when you go to bed at night it absorbs well and helps with sleep and muscle cramps and pain.

We learned recently that the soles of the feet and the palms of the hands are great entry points for medications. The injury to my foot is still healing and before I put shoes on I make certain to smear some of my pain cream onto the sole of that foot and up around the affected toe. So far no pain when I walk and the skin on that foot has a noticably healthier tone to it. I should probably start rubbing it into both feet. It might keep the toes from splitting from the dry air this winter.

Dang, 420 community; I am learning so much from all of you, it is astounding....who needs the medical community.....the power of one is so empowering in sharing with others our experiences in advocating for our own health naturally....thank you all and keep posting....such a refreshing respite away from the brutality, violence, and division of stress that these elections have brought to our country...whew....rock on everyone... :peace:

Dang, 420 community; I am learning so much from all of you, it is astounding....who needs the medical community.....the power of one is so empowering in sharing with others our experiences in advocating for our own health naturally....thank you all and keep posting....such a refreshing respite away from the brutality, violence, and division of stress that these elections have brought to our country...rock on everyone...:peace:

I've done my best to stay away from the election news. When Dale died last year I stopped turning on the TV. After almost a year I just gave the thing and the attached DVD player away to a neighbor who couldn't afford one of his own yet. My life has been so stress-free since eliminating television from my life. I used to be a strong advocate for tv. Not any more. All that negativity.....

It does mean I'm a bit out of touch with the pulse of the country, but that's not the detriment you'd think it'd be. Instead of following the election I researched the candidates for all the open slots and made up my mind. I don't need anymore persuading, and I certainly don't need the negative advertising.

I'm thankful we've been such a positive influence and resource for you Shawnee. It's always such a pleasure to have you stop by. :circle-of-love:

Hi Sue,

I mostly lurk and read read read......obviously I don't have a journal...33 years in IT have made me pretty skittish about posting a journal...since you don't watch TV, there is a lot of hacking going on by the Russians in the DNC computer systems and talk of Putin rigging the elections...

You all are the true heroes in my life these days....those of you who choose to grow in non-legal states in stealth mode to advocate for your health....there is nothing more inspiring in my world than that....hell, I am in a legal medical state but still remain "on guard" as a single woman living alone.....and a tough one, too, I might add....but I grow kick ass weed, with no desire to advertise....I am always floored when I get a compliment from someone who has tried my buds, because I toil alone and try to better myself and expand each and every month :Namaste:

My daughter and I were talking today about the process of legalization and all the angst created by the way they get all restrictive about it. She has no idea if she'd even qualify for a medical card (I'm sure the diagnosis of PTSD may be her ace card here), but even so, would she be able to afford the dispensary meds, and would they even offer the strains we know benefit her best? All the uncertainty creates more anxiety for her.

The reality of the situation is that I'll be continuing to grow for her for the rest of my life. I'll be in stealth mode pretty much forever, by my estimation.

On another subject, I have my yearly coming up with my PCP and I'm going to inform him that when the state goes legal he can feel free to call on me as a cannabis information resource. I'm fairly certain there's no one on his staff preparing for what lies ahead. I'm hoping against hope that my own physican has at least a rudimentary understanding it the ECS. It's frightening how many doctors are clueless.

First of all, your daughter WOULD qualify for a medical card and YOU would qualify as her caregiver...trust me, I can help you through the process....and become legal...

Back
Top Bottom