Tangerine Dream Auto grow week 3 and not growing! Newbie here!

derue92

420 Member
Hello All!

This is my first grow so please be gentle!! I have a tangerine dream auto from growers choice seeds. They are in week three and they are very small.......I think. I have also attached everything I am using for this grow. I am using mother earth Coco. The grow light height is at OEM spec and any nutrients I am using are kept from a third to a quarter of what Fox Farms calls for. I am following their recommended feeding schedule as well. I have attached said schedule for everyone's convenience.

So a little backstory I planted these on November 16th. When I germinated the seed i put it in rockwool and let it sprout. Once it sprouted I kept the flower in rock wool and moved it right to a 5 gallon fabric bucket. In the beginning I was watering the entire fabric bucket, I have now changed my ways and only water closer to the plant.

When it comes to water I have been using a pH of 6.0 to 7.0. In my readings some people have said 6.0 to 6.3 is a better range but I am unsure if this stands true. If you notice in my pictures I have two pH testers. There is no reason except redundancy. I have used both on the same water and they are in line with one another. I try to only water my plant when the soil feels dry and what I mean by dry is sticking my index finger in the soil about half a fingers length and if I do it multiple times and the medium is dry I water again.

That brings me to my next topic. The environment of my plants, I keep a humidifier in the tent I have my plants growing in and it maintains anywhere from 45-50% RH. The temp stays between 75 and 79 degrees. I do have a small fan in the tent but it is completed pointed away from the plants as I do not want to introduce winds yet due to their size. The light I am using a King Plus 1200w LED Grow Light, I am running the height called for in the germination stage.

I feel like this is caused by the initial over watering. I'm curious to what everyone thinks. I will answer back to any and all questions asap! Thank you all ahead of time for sharing knowledge!

20201203_213320.jpg

20201203_213151.jpg

20201203_213252.jpg

fox soil chart.jpg

Hey derue,

Welcome to 420! You did a good job on the write up, thanks for the details!

Enviro sounds good, light is not 1200 watts that is their BS equivalent rating and need wattage draw from the wall to know anything - which is probably 135 or less.

Ph is too high, coco is not soil - it’s drain to waste hydro. Are these autos or photos?

For coco you can’t do the wet dry cycle like one does with soil. So DTW hydro rules apply. They gotta stay moist, they cannot be allowed to totally dry out. No plain water ever, quarter strength nutes every time with 10 percent runoff to flush out old nutes, gotta have cal-mag added in coco. Think ph should be 5.8

Soil grower here so one of the hydro folks will correct my mistakes - more will jump in soon. See what other replies come in

Hey @PK, saw you were online - can you jump in here? ^
thanks for the tag 013, i've never grown in coco but @Pennywise has good knowledge on it.
I've picked up some through the way. 013 is correct, ph at 5.8 and feed multiple times a day. You don't want coco going dry. As for your nutrients, follow the schedule as you are and at the lower rate like you mentioned.

Will keep watch and help you along the way. here is a picture that will guide you at what ph hydroponic should be in. Coco is almost like hydroponic but with slight twist.

1590953879248.png

Thanks for the help guys! @013 you are exactly right! I have an inline watt meter and my light does pull at 135! When you guys mention plain water what do you mean by that? Like tap water? I've been using pH adjusted tap water the whole grow will that mess it up! I am currently reading up on DTW rules. Any suggestions? @PK Thank you for that! Very helpful! I should of thought of that knowing that coco is more like hydro vs soil but I guess it just didn't click!

Thanks for the help guys! @013 you are exactly right! I have an inline watt meter and my light does pull at 135! When you guys mention plain water what do you mean by that? Like tap water? I've been using pH adjusted tap water the whole grow will that mess it up! I am currently reading up on DTW rules. Any suggestions? @PK Thank you for that! Very helpful! I should of thought of that knowing that coco is more like hydro vs soil but I guess it just didn't click!
Use your ph pen to find out what your water reading is. I'm not sure what type of water you use but if its tap water then check the ph. Add all your scheduled nutrients and then adjust ph to 5.8.

i don't use foxfarm so i can't really help you which goes in first.

I did that same TD from them but in soil, it was my first journal here. Check it out in my completed journals (in my signature) if you want to see what it looks like when it’s done. Sorry I can’t help with the coco part, these guys will help you figure it out!

Never let coco go dry, use smaller amounts of nutrients in your water at least once a day. In flower you may need to water 2-3 times per day. The ph range is 5.8-6.2 you want the ph to vary within that range daily. Plants in flower like ph at the higher end of the range. Always water until you get a small amount of runoff and never let the pot sit in the runoff.

Coco is really simple but we make it more complicated than it really is. It does take more hands on time watering/feeding bud I love the results.

I did that same TD from them but in soil, it was my first journal here. Check it out in my completed journals (in my signature) if you want to see what it looks like when it’s done. Sorry I can’t help with the coco part, these guys will help you figure it out!
Thank you 13 I will!!! Im hoping the taste is worth the work:D

Never let coco go dry, use smaller amounts of nutrients in your water at least once a day. In flower you may need to water 2-3 times per day. The ph range is 5.8-6.2 you want the ph to vary within that range daily. Plants in flower like ph at the higher end of the range. Always water until you get a small amount of runoff and never let the pot sit in the runoff.
I'm so scared to over water! But I have been listening to everyone in this thread and I'm getting amazing results with my plants! They have grown so much more by watering everyday with light nutes! Thanks pennywise!!!

Back
Top Bottom