Test Run: Sunset Strip

I don't know where I've been but you're looking fabulous over there, not that you ever don't.
Hey sister, thanks for taking the time. I need to get around to everyone. Only one day off this whole month I am getting wore out. I. Just keep thinking i have diapers (working hard on potty training) then dorm room to pay for next year. Then i think of how nice it is to get things and have a dad that cares. Gives me a litttle extra energy.
I justtt haven't had the time to look in on everyone's journals.

Hope your little one is doing good. Hard to believe mine will be two in January already.
Seems like a new word pops out every day.

We went to a pre trick or treat last night that the businesses do last Friday of October. Didn't think he would like it. In no time he had the hang of it. Was a blast to see him enjoying it.

Hey sister, thanks for taking the time. I need to get around to everyone. Only one day off this whole month I am getting wore out. I. Just keep thinking i have diapers (working hard on potty training) then dorm room to pay for next year. Then i think of how nice it is to get things and have a dad that cares. Gives me a litttle extra energy.
I justtt haven't had the time to look in on everyone's journals.

Hope your little one is doing good. Hard to believe mine will be two in January already.
Seems like a new word pops out every day.

We went to a pre trick or treat last night that the businesses do last Friday of October. Didn't think he would like it. In no time he had the hang of it. Was a blast to see him enjoying it.
Hey Dusty,

Of course, I was thinking to myself the other day that I hadn't seen you around. I remembered your comment once about being the sole provider in a family of 5...
Think about you when I think about planning for my boy-the expenses that are to come...I know TK pulls OT whenever he can to bank money for us. The things a man does for his home and his family, idk how you guys have the energy for it most days...especially you, with college bounds and a little and your plants! At least TK doesn't touch these green ladies once he is home...

2 in January, wow. My boy will be 2 in December. The words come out of the blue right?!

He loved Halloween last year and he was itsy bitsy still. He was walking around 8.5 months so he was out and about last year. So into pumpkins and blow ups and bats and the Halloween decor now, think tomorrow will be really exciting for him-besides shoving him in the Elmo costume I got him...monkey last year..Wish we had a pre trick or treat here..lucky we have one at all with Covid the way it is again in NJ....

I hope you can get A SINGLE day off or something to recuperate!! Is that in your forecast or what?! Give you a lot of credit brother, don't burn yourself out!! I know you're that dad that comes home after work and plays dad too. That's a lot on someone. Be sure you rest so that you can give then your best...not that I doubt you ever do, I know you're that dad that works all days and comes home and works all night at home...it's exhausting and beautiful. You're doing one helluva job Dusty-plus your plants are still ridiculously gorgeous somehow...

@Krissi1982 thanks sis. I am taking today off. Have to wait on a plumber to do his thing. Gonna enjoy it thoroughly lol. He apologised he couldn't get there this week and i was like dude things happen. I slept for a whole 9 hours last night. Lol

@Krissi1982 thanks sis. I am taking today off. Have to wait on a plumber to do his thing. Gonna enjoy it thoroughly lol. He apologised he couldn't get there this week and i was like dude things happen. I slept for a whole 9 hours last night. Lol
Thank God. Make the best of it. You say off today as in you work tomorrow? Well, I guess get some rest while you can even though I see you are already up early. TK passed out at 9 putting the baby to sleep, woke up at 130/2 while I was finishing laundry and putting dishes away laundry, smoked and went back to bed. He may be in the hay for a good 12 hours today. Have a great day!!! Good catching up with you buddy...

Thank God. Make the best of it. You say off today as in you work tomorrow? Well, I guess get some rest while you can even though I see you are already up early. TK passed out at 9 putting the baby to sleep, woke up at 130/2 while I was finishing laundry and putting dishes away laundry, smoked and went back to bed. He may be in the hay for a good 12 hours today. Have a great day!!! Good catching up with you buddy...
Yes i will have to work tomorrow. I build homes, so far behind right now. Such a good problem to have too. I remember not having work for months , years ago. So i just keep grinding till the wheel is gone.

Yes i will have to work tomorrow. I build homes, so far behind right now. Such a good problem to have too. I remember not having work for months , years ago. So i just keep grinding till the wheel is gone.
I knew you had to do something with the creation of things as your trade.....get that money while it's there. You are in good times with the market the way it is and loans going out like crazy. I hope this after covid surge keeps you behind! Take a day or two for yourself though every now and then Master Builder :green_heart::)

I knew you had to do something with the creation of things as your trade.....get that money while it's there. You are in good times with the market the way it is and loans going out like crazy. I hope this after covid surge keeps you behind! Take a day or two for yourself though every now and then Master Builder :green_heart::)
Yeah I have been into some kind of construction since i was kid. My stepdad was jack off all trades, had me pouring and finishing concrete at 12 lol . I always loved the carpentry. I live in a rual area so gotta know a little about everything.
Looking awesome!!
Hey sister, thanks .

Crazy how different a few weeks can change the appearances. From stripped to full again. I am still trying to figure if it is something we do as a matter of course and where the benefits of spending hours selecting and removing foliage, for the belligerent teens to add them back with a "and what !", a few weeks later. Lol . Airflow for sure benefits during vegging and set up for flower though. She looks so happy and healthy now too dusty . Great work and I feel you both on the kids thing too. I am full time at-home Dad . 5 adult boys with grandchildren and I am at home now with my 3 daughters and 3 month old Son. Thankfully not alone in this task so I can only tip my hat with upmost respect to you knowing how hard it is with help.... until us fellas actually do the real home care full time , we have no idea how hard bringing children up really is. I used to think the mum of my 4 oldest boys was watching TV and generally waiting to make tea when I finished work. House was always tidyish when I got home so I assumed it was like that most of the day !!!!. Thought i had it bad at work all day too. Heehee .Oh how I have been awakened these past 6 years with the swapping roles!!!!! Give me a 12 hour night shift digging coal and plaiting fog anyday over 5 hours of bored kids with the ability to argue over even room temperatures . Keep up the great work on all levels.

Crazy how different a few weeks can change the appearances. From stripped to full again. I am still trying to figure if it is something we do as a matter of course and where the benefits of spending hours selecting and removing foliage, for the belligerent teens to add them back with a "and what !", a few weeks later. Lol . Airflow for sure benefits during vegging and set up for flower though. She looks so happy and healthy now too dusty . Great work and I feel you both on the kids thing too. I am full time at-home Dad . 5 adult boys with grandchildren and I am at home now with my 3 daughters and 3 month old Son. Thankfully not alone in this task so I can only tip my hat with upmost respect to you knowing how hard it is with help.... until us fellas actually do the real home care full time , we have no idea how hard bringing children up really is. I used to think the mum of my 4 oldest boys was watching TV and generally waiting to make tea when I finished work. House was always tidyish when I got home so I assumed it was like that most of the day !!!!. Thought i had it bad at work all day too. Heehee .Oh how I have been awakened these past 6 years with the swapping roles!!!!! Give me a 12 hour night shift digging coal and plaiting fog anyday over 5 hours of bored kids with the ability to argue over even room temperatures . Keep up the great work on all levels.
Hey brother, Mom's dont get enough credit, especially the stay at home moms. My wife has stayed with all three of ours. Hats off to you for taking that role. My wifes whole family gives her grief for being a stay at home mom. Makes me scratch my head.

Day 42, I've been so busy, and wore out that my want to is diminishing. Had an air pump go out and didn't catch it for days, let her bucket go dry twice. That was this week. She is tough and hanging in there. Im so tired that i think im getting depressed, idk, but i have not been feeling it lately, and sunset strip is a little behind because of it.

That SS is a tough lil one. She's looking fine and has all the right kind of dust on her.
I can only imagine what your going through brother.
The change in the seasons, and less daylight always makes things feel a bit worse with me, and certainly doesn't help with my depression.

Day 42, I've been so busy, and wore out that my want to is diminishing.
Dusty, my brother, we talked about you getting some MUCH needed rest! Thinking of you man!!
She is tough and hanging in there. Im so tired that i think im getting depressed, idk, but i have not been feeling it lately, and sunset strip is a little behind because of it.
You first, your plants are beautiful and even if you let them go for a little bit, they would be amazing because you take such wonderful care of them!! I hope you're not working this whole weekend again...you always work so hard,, spend some time at home with the kids and the baby and Mrs.Keifers :love:
Look like troopers, still look like winners-as always

Hey brother, Mom's dont get enough credit, especially the stay at home moms. My wife has stayed with all three of ours. Hats off to you for taking that role. My wifes whole family gives her grief for being a stay at home mom. Makes me scratch my head.
We have been so conditioned to see work as everything. Missing so much of my younger children's lives through career moves was a bad move. I vowed never again and my wife has been 100% supportive of the sharing the load both ways. I am nearly twice her age and she can now have a teaching career to go through schooling with our children until their older. Works so well and I get to Ganja farm too .lol win win.
Thanks for the positive vibes

Day 42, I've been so busy, and wore out that my want to is diminishing. Had an air pump go out and didn't catch it for days, let her bucket go dry twice. That was this week. She is tough and hanging in there. Im so tired that i think im getting depressed, idk, but i have not been feeling it lately, and sunset strip is a little behind because of it.

Don't burn yourself out my friend.
I worked myself to death for years on end, it's not worth it.
Take a break.
Stay safe.
Bill

That SS is a tough lil one. She's looking fine and has all the right kind of dust on her.
I can only imagine what your going through brother.
The change in the seasons, and less daylight always makes things feel a bit worse with me, and certainly doesn't help with my depression.
Thank you brother, going through a rough patch. I usally like this time of year, just lost a friend and co worker. He was like my dads age. My dad passed when I was 28. I didn't hardly shed a tear. When I see my friends family and their loss, my heart breaks. Its almost like the break I tried to conceal from my own father has rendered it self though.
I dont know man, i have cried more this month than. I have my whole life...

Dusty, my brother, we talked about you getting some MUCH needed rest! Thinking of you man!!

You first, your plants are beautiful and even if you let them go for a little bit, they would be amazing because you take such wonderful care of them!! I hope you're not working this whole weekend again...you always work so hard,, spend some time at home with the kids and the baby and Mrs.Keifers :love:

Look like troopers, still look like winners-as always
Thanks sister, Happy Thanksgiving... hope you and yours are doing well.
I have today off yay, gonna spend it with my little guy, I'm just waiting for him to wake up, and help make some stuffing. I've been away so much Mrs.K is even excited ill be around today :rofl: the late days and long weekends. I told the wife i will finish up the couple of side jobs I have and start saying no to people more regularly, as the way the world works for me, her car just broke down. Water pump no biggie, well she wanted a Lexus, and I got her one, used but very nice. Well I can work on most external parts like that. Wait thats on my Chevy. Holy smokes had to haul it to a dealership cause no mechanic in the area would work on it. Turns out you have to pull motor out of vehicle. I wanted them to check everything while they had it out. Well water pump, timing belt, alternator,some lights, all new fluids. Took everything i had saved up. Lol.
We have been so conditioned to see work as everything. Missing so much of my younger children's lives through career moves was a bad move. I vowed never again and my wife has been 100% supportive of the sharing the load both ways. I am nearly twice her age and she can now have a teaching career to go through schooling with our children until their older. Works so well and I get to Ganja farm too .lol win win.
Thanks for the positive vibes
I used to frame houses solely. I would travel my ass off. I framed a few houses for the company I work for now, they made me an offer shortly after. Less money but I get to come home every night. Ive been there almost ten years. I think of the money I have missed and how I'd trade it for good nights I missed.
Don't burn yourself out my friend.
I worked myself to death for years on end, it's not worth it.
Take a break.
Stay safe.
Bill
Hey brother, I know i gotta take a break, also know there will be an unwanted break. I am getting smarter in my old age. I have penciled in a couple golf tournaments for next year already.

Back
Top Bottom