The 420 Points System

Wow like a dork I just emailed admin to ask what the 420 point system was because some cool guy donated some to me. Then I could not find a search function and look for myself. Well I found the search function hidden where I would never look.

Must be hell to be admin on a weed site.

Wow like a dork I just emailed admin to ask what the 420 point system was because some cool guy donated some to me. Then I could not find a search function and look for myself. Well I found the search function hidden where I would never look.

Must be hell to be admin on a weed site.

Some members donated to me also & I was about to post up asking about the point system & kept surfing and found this thread :)
Ditto on the search function :(
I'm still looking for the search button, where is it?

Regards,
John Whorfin

Some members donated to me also & I was about to post up asking about the point system & kept surfing and found this thread :)
Ditto on the search function :(
I'm still looking for the search button, where is it?

Regards,
John Whorfin

If you use the forum flydown menu you will find search there.

If you use the forum flydown menu you will find search there.

Thanx brother or sister :)
I use that drop down all the time, the ad below it sticks on top of it half the time, the other half of the time I'm to stupid to notice.

Reps to you,
J.W.

in the spirit of pitviper's comment, the word after your points, whats that about? how to change it to donate for instance. i love to play but i still am a little confused(slow maybe a better word) and about those smiles and such, what about them, i tried to turn them on at appropriate moments and failed. sky high

High Skyhigh,

Would you state your question again, I'm not sure I understand.

The points are just for fun, it's peer review. If someone posts something you like you can send them point to recognize their contribution - kind of like the reputation system.

The smileys are accessed by clicking this smilie button

They are just to help communicate your mood ;)

Guess what this one means :lot-o-toke:

hey sonic420, thanks for the reply. my post is about pitviper saying in another post that the point system is tough to get a grip on cause "its complicated cause we are stoners". then somehow i ended up in this alternative universe(this thread) so my comments and questions are a little out of context, i click smiles and they don't appear in my post. also when one posts a little info is displayed in the upper left including your point totals etc. my other question has to do with the fact that every post i look at has the word, donate in there, mine says checking, whats that? is this clearing things up a bit. i love this site, thanks for your efforts on behalf of 420 mag, keep up the good work, sky high

High Sky,

1) Brother PitViper is right, it is a bit complicated, but it's just for fun so if you're not into it, you can fully participate in other features of the site and it's no big deal. Did you get a chance to read this post ----> It explains the system The 420 Points System

2) The donate link under your name and the checking link under your name are links to your accounts. Click on the donate link if you want to give some of your 420 points to another member. Click on the check link to see your account totals.

3) When you click on the smiley icon, you get a drop down list - click on one of them and it will put the shortcut code in your thread (which displays the smiley) wherever your cursor was.

There's also shortcut codes that can be typed directly for example to make this symbol ;) you type ; and ) right next to each other.

Feel free to practice in this thread ;)

The "donate" link doesn't appear under your own nick because you cannot donate your points to yourself. It's like trying to award REPs to yourself - trying to do so only does a check on your REP (and also reports whether or not that individual post has received any REP). Ergo, the "check" link instead of a "donate" one.

If the smiley link in the quick reply message entry box and in the advanced reply/post box fails to open a pop-up window with the list of available smilies, it might (probably does) just mean that you have pop-ups blocked for this site.

Awesome, Be Irie just turned me on to this thread explaining the points system. Scanned the pages here and dont think I saw it, my one question is clarification on 3.5% (or potentially 4.2%) apr or mpr return on savings accounts. It says 3.5% apr in this thread, but 3.5% monthly (every 30 days) interest at the bank. Aren't the two different?

Back
Top Bottom