The 420 Points System

Just checkin in.

Very observant there brother Aberration. it is set for negative 10 and it's a Soniq Typo on the spreadsheet I put together.

Should be worse than -10 in my opinion based on the amount of work it creates ;) Maybe -420 would be about right ;)

Nah, give an infraction one point...

On the five-point ban scale.

(Uhh... How many do I have already? I might need to modify my suggestion, lol.)

FYI .... to the members....

Infractions are really hard to get.

If someone makes a mistake with regard to the guidelines, we send an advisement and explain our rational. Infractions only come into play when people intentionally disregard the guidelines or refuse to follow them. It's our final attempt at salvaging the relationship instead of banning them.

This shouldn't affect 99.9% of the members here.

I just wanted to say that because even though we do have more strict guidelines than other places, we're the type of mod team that wants to treat people with respect.

I understand the reasoning in keeping the PM's to a minimum to encourage a more social environment. However sometimes, just like in "the real world" (I hate that term but it seem to fit), we need to say things in private. Even though -2pts isnt that much, it would still be nice to be able to send a couple messages without negative reinforcement. :angel:

A more balanced approach, IMO, would be to have say 5 or so messages a month. Every message over five would result in the -2pts deduction. Just a thought. :hmmmm:

Either way the system is great just like the people here and the site itself. Nobody beats 420 Magazine.com. Take it to the bank. My word is bond, lol.:hookah:

P.S. Nice upgrade to -420pts for infractions. :thumb:

:rollit:

I understand the reasoning in keeping the PM's to a minimum to encourage a more social environment. However sometimes, just like in "the real world" (I hate that term but it seem to fit), we need to say things in private. Even though -2pts isnt that much, it would still be nice to be able to send a couple messages without negative reinforcement. :angel:

If you're concerned... Here's enough for 100+ PMs. Enjoy.

Where do all the negative points go? Such as the loan fee's, infractions, etc...

Just a random thought but it might be fun. What about a 420 lottery of some sort. Wheres all the negative points go in a designated account.

This could be used for drawings, jackpot style, a fixed amount winning and many more. Of course that also means more work for some of you.

:blunt:

Where do all the negative points go? Such as the loan fee's, infractions, etc...

Just a random thought but it might be fun. What about a 420 lottery of some sort. Wheres all the negative points go in a designated account.

This could be used for drawings, jackpot style, a fixed amount winning and many more. Of course that also means more work for some of you.

Pres, I think that's a really cool idea!! +Reps :thumb:

:rollit:

Deducted points are not maintained - the way we have it set up now they just evaporate.

The system does have a lottery option ;)

Back
Top Bottom