The Beauty Of The Changing Seasons

when I was a kid, a city kid at that. my dad would take me down to my grandparents farm. and my uncle had been complaining about the Damm woodchuck who was eating his baby carrots. the next weekend when got there he gave me a big bowl of stew... an he was all like , pretty good huh, an I was all like yeah yummy. then he told me well rember that woodchuck that was bugging me, well I put him on vacation... he's in that stew. it was like a little bit the Ozarks on cape cod

when I was a kid, a city kid at that. my dad would take me down to my grandparents farm. and my uncle had been complaining about the Damm woodchuck who was eating his baby carrots. the next weekend when got there he gave me a big bowl of stew... an he was all like , pretty good huh, an I was all like yeah yummy. then he told me well rember that woodchuck that was bugging me, well I put him on vacation... he's in that stew. it was like a little bit the Ozarks on cape cod
Yeah....when the dinner host gives a surprise ingredient dinner and looks at you with that amused look while asking "Do you like it?".....ya gotta sit back and ponder things. :rofl:

my father's oldest brother inherited the farm and he liked to mess with me or as my dad said " tuffin me up" I think the old man was laffin at me too, being that there was no indoor plumbing he had a " gabion " otherwise know as a piss pot, he'd save for a few days before I got there . and the first chore I had do was "take my gabion out an pour it around the base of my peach tree. the good ole days

It thinks I can't see him waiting in the trees. He blends in well though. I had once thought that square dark area on his shoulder was an injury of some kind, but it is a natural wing marking.

Great Blue Heron 2.jpg

I braved the cold rainy air and sat on the deck with the camera on a tripod. Only for a few minutes, but what a great few minutes. First thing I noticed was a young stray cat sitting at the pond checking me out. He scurried behind a small pine seedling and just sat there watching me.
Then I saw the Canadian Geese sneaking in on the pond from the left. One of them was watching the kitty as it moved in slowly.
That cat was totally unaware of what was behind him, he was too concerned with me. Can you see him in front of that Goose watching me?
Next thing I know the Geese both went into honking like crazy, the startled cat jumped about 4 foot in the air and took off. The Geese were heading across the pond in a hurry, feet on top of the water, and flapping their wings. I looked up and a Coyote was traveling the edge on the other side. Believe it or not, those Geese were heading straight for it just hollering like crazy. Of course before I could adjust the camera up, it took off into the trees and I couldn't get a shot.
I can't believe those Geese scared that big mean azz Coyote. :rofl:

Goose and Stray.jpg

Goose and Stray-2.jpg

Goose and Stray-3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom