The Case of the Mysteriously Disappearing Growers

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: 420 MEMBERS BEING IMPERSONATED ON OTHER SITES!

Dear Fellow 420'ers,

It's recently come to my attention that there is another forum on the Internet with posts made to look like they came from me. The person who made the posts is using my name & avatar and claiming to be the "Mr. Krip" from 420. He even says he's the one who posted the DIY Drying Box tutorial I wrote in the DIY section.

I wanted to let everyone know first, that this person(s) is NOT me! The ONLY forums you'll find postings and pics from "The Real Mr. Krip" is right here at :420:

At first, I couldn't understand why someone would want to impersonate me on other forums. Then it occured to me that my journal has become pretty popular and I've been trying to help as many other members as possible, so they are clearly trying to get other 420 members to think I've left and gone to another site!

This should be a BIG red flag to anyone who's thinking of joining another site because you think you recognize someone from here on 420. That person you think is an "old 420 friend" may not really be the person you think!

It's truly amazing to me that these other sites would stoop so low (imagine how low you really have to get to want to fake having me as a member! :rofl:) and it only makes me appreciate the family here at 420 even more.

The best growers, the best content, and the best moderators don't have to lie about who or where their members are - They're here on :420:!

Happy Harvests,

Mr. Krip

IMPORTANT UPDATE: 420 MEMBERS BEING IMPERSONATED ON OTHER SITES!

Dear Fellow 420'ers,

It's recently come to my attention that there is another forum on the Internet with posts made to look like they came from me. The person who made the posts is using my name & avatar and claiming to be the "Mr. Krip" from 420. He even says he's the one who posted the DIY Drying Box tutorial I wrote in the DIY section.

I wanted to let everyone know first, that this person(s) is NOT me! The ONLY forums you'll find postings and pics from "The Real Mr. Krip" is right here at :420:

At first, I couldn't understand why someone would want to impersonate me on other forums. Then it occured to me that my journal has become pretty popular and I've been trying to help as many other members as possible, so they are clearly trying to get other 420 members to think I've left and gone to another site!

This should be a BIG red flag to anyone who's thinking of joining another site because you think you recognize someone from here on 420. That person you think is an "old 420 friend" may not really be the person you think!

It's truly amazing to me that these other sites would stoop so low (imagine how low you really have to get to want to fake having me as a member! :rofl:) and it only makes me appreciate the family here at 420 even more.

The best growers, the best content, and the best moderators don't have to lie about who or where their members are - They're here on :420:!

Happy Harvests,

Mr. Krip

It's so good to see you back brother...I was starting to worry!:thumb:

Why would you want to even join another site? 420 is the greatest, and is also far more advanced than any othe MMJ grow forum. I know from experience. I came here from another site and will continue to be a loyal 420 member, until I get flushed and harvested :)

One of the first things I do when I am interested in a forums content is look at the sponsors. For instance some other marijuana forums post ads for "novelties" that "get you high". Those things detract from and hinder their rep as far as being serious about MJ reform. I have not seen those here at :420:,and I am glad. Now, I like having cash to spend as much as the next, but I also have integrity. I believe :420: has more integrity than all of the pretenders to the crown. This forum has a mission, a family, a vision, and as long as we stay focused and unwavering, we will be successful!:circle-of-love:

Greenest Greetings,

This letter is to explain a recent policy change regarding members belonging to the anti-420 website.

Background
Previously, 420 Magazine's rules restricted members from joining a website that has been openly hostile to our community. This policy was one of self-defense given the behavior and tactics we have been experiencing. For example:

• Banned members coming back to cause trouble and recruit for their site
  • Moderators from the anti-420 website outing the names of 420 Magazine staff and administrators on public threads
  • Ongoing issues of public posts attacking 420 Magazine
  • Blatantly false and reckless comments about 420 Management being LEO informants
  • Anti-420 website people have been taking out user names of popular members and claiming to be them. Apparently, they hope that we will ban the member, making their recruiting efforts that much simpler. They used one of our kindest most helpful member's @Mr. Krip in this way.

This list is an extreme summary of all that we've been through with this group. Countless time and energy has been wasted on dealing with issues related to them. Time that has been taken from and could have been used to focus on more important things like spreading awareness and getting these laws changed.

Policy Change
Previously, we didn't allow dual accounts with this one site for the above stated reasons. We now however have decided not to ban members solely for joining the other site. We do however reserve the right to revoke access to any members actively participating in the shenanigans.

Members previously banned solely for joining the anti-420 website are no longer restricted from holding accounts here.

From our standpoint, we're not interested in perpetuating any ongoing issues with the anti-420 website. If members wish to leave and join their site, it's our view that it's a free world and we wish them the best. If members wish to participate on both sites it's now fine with us provided they don't engage in behavior that is in conflict with our guidelines.

We only hope that with time the anti-420 website will become a little more introspective in their evaluation of their own behavior and join us in helping to spread Cannabis awareness and focus their energy on fighting to repeal these unjust prohibitionary laws.

Greenest Regards,
Management

420 Magazine
PO Box 420
Hollywood, CA 90078
1-888-420-MAGG
420 MAGAZINE
Cannabis Hemp (@420Magazine) sur Twitter
420 Magazine - Magazine - Hollywood, California | Facebook

Kudos on the policy change, 420 and thank you for the good words! :thanks:

I believe the change in policy is a very positive thing because it shows that 420's focus is in the right place - cannabis awareness.

That being said, of all the sites out there, the last one I'd personally want to be involved in is one where they would publish people's names and/or pretend to have members that don't really exist!

I'm just happy we have a place like :420:!

:thanks:

This Policy Change is just one of 420 Million examples showcasing the fairness and Integrity of 420Magazine. Nobody ever gets banned on accident. One really has to work assiduously to get banned. As for disappearing there are many reasons but the door swings both ways, in and out. The new member today will be the admin of tomorrow who will befriend an an admin they never knew the day after. People come and go in our lives and that does not make them bad it just makes them people. As for admin here snitching or working for LEO that's a bold claim and 420% Bullshit. As former Staff who was Busted, I can definitively state that my work here did NOT get me Busted!! My arrest was started by over zealous police with a complaining ex wife. Of the many people who have been arrested in life for growing Marijuana legal or no, it most always comes from a local problem that is ignored i.e; smell, ex spouse or lover, non payment of Utility. That will be compounded because you are growing. Not from posting or sharing here at 420Mag. Many members are around but do not post, or sign in, trying to stay on the DL for selfish reasons. I know this because I am one of them lately. Many things have arisen in my life that have prevented me from posting here with regularity but like many others we lurk and derive great pleasure knowing the torch is still burning and you are keeping the fires lit. The most important thing we must all continue working towards is Policy Change from Washington DC, ending the Prohibition of Marijuana.
Wishing you ALL The Greenest of Dreams, and thanks for being my 420Mag Family!!

Thx for the policy change. I'm a newbie with this hobby, and in my zeal to pass on some of my limited info I did violate one of your other policies and got a pm from 420 Girl. I can respect that and hopefully I won't do anything wrong again. I do have accts on other forums, but this is my "main" forum I go to. I do find some other forums to have some good information in certain areas though, and again being new, I'm trying to suck up years worth of info in a relative short amount of time, so that's my reasoning anyway.

I do like this forum for the basically adult attitude and relative lack of romper room behavior compared to some other's I've been reading in. More laid back here, which is what I prefer.

At the end of the day, I think as it's your forum it's your call on how it gets run. From what I see, it's very well run, and I plan to stay for a long time :). I do think it's good that you allow people to be free to go to other forums though, as long as they don't pull any stupid bs like what you've outlined in the policy now. That's more than fair.

Kudos to 420 and all the staff here :).

I'm here because, in addition to all the great information resources and friendly support, I find the level of maturity and professionalism of most of the posters to be refreshing.

ETA: There's a 420 hate site?? SERIOUSLY????

Must be run and populated by the same miscreants who have a hate site against a liberal political forum I have spent years on, lol.

Why would anybody (other than the obvious RW authoritarian control freaks) hate 420??

I'm here because, in addition to all the great information resources and friendly support, I find the level of maturity and professionalism of most of the posters to be refreshing.

ETA: There's a 420 hate site?? SERIOUSLY????

Must be run and populated by the same miscreants who have a hate site against a liberal political forum I have spent years on, lol.

Why would anybody (other than the obvious RW authoritarian control freaks) hate 420??

There are a lot of us RWers here, btw, and I don't see any of us making insulting remarks about you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom