The Deep Water Culture Home

anyone can tell me how to clean up a url in my signature i did it with my first grow and forgot how to do it for my second grow journel it only takes me to the forum page not the thread

Olias I believe if you highlight what you want it to say like my new grow then put the link int he link icon it will work.

Thank OB I will read it. I am not sure I want to spend more money since I am on a limited income plus the fear of learning and doing another new thing. I only use cfl's cause of the heat and because I don't know how to duct. I wouldn't be able to even if I did. I don't want to mess up my house either. I see a lot with brand new houses that cut holes in the walls that would kill me lol. I could have used my laundry room but guess what that is where we do laundry hehe. It also has the hot water tank in there but it is true that it is a lot cooler in there then my room and closet.

In either respect for me moving to the laundry room is not an option. I will not change my house for plants.

I wish the better lights ran cool so I could use them. I hate having four thousand cfls hanging. I am going to try, yes try, to make a hood that holds a bunch of bulbs so I don't have so many of those round things hanging that bang into each other constantly. I am lucky nothing broke last grow.

I hope it isn't too hard for me to build one. There are two diff planes on the cfl site but one is painted one isn't. I don't know which is correct. Also the second one with a pipe cut open is too hard for me to do. I will also connect those lamp things for bottom lighting that I will place on the top of the tank with small bulbs.

Let me know what you think. I just am in a somewhat comfort zone since I did it twice and I know exactly what to expect and how to deal with issues.

I think leds may be your best bet A8.
Dont be put off by the astronomical pricing that some units have. Those are 3 watt diodes which create the big price tag. 1 watt diode lamps work just as good if they're in the proper nm range and htey are about half the retail price. Plus the way i see it, 120 watts is 120 watts whether it's delivered thru 1 watt or 3 watt diodes, it's still 120 watts.
Check out the grow Spy4Pie did with 5th generation UFO leds. That guy knocked it out of the park with those lights and those are the same UFO's I currently use. I can vouch for them 100% when I say they work and they last.
You would freak if you saw my grow room.lol.:thedoubletake: You would probably think my house should be condemed! I have three exaust lines running up thru the ceiling and three other holes I had to patch because i miscalculted the duct routes. :loopy:Plus I ran a water line directly to my room so I dont have to carry buckets of water any more. Yep, I have a spicket in my room!:loopy:Luckily this place is close to being paid off so I'm here to stay and I dont ever want to sell it.
I'm either an idiot, genious, or down right crazy person to do what I've done to that poor bedroom. Maybe a little bit of all three. :blunt:

Re: my Bloombox runneth over

the girls are getting so heavy that they've been falling out at me when I open the door to check on them...

bloombox11.jpg

a few zip ties to the fan housing is keeping the biggest ones at bay

bloombox2.jpg

Need my bloom box 2 look like this!!! super reps, u conquered the height and excess material issue....want 2 talk 2 u some more.!!! diud u top??

I think leds may be your best bet A8.
Dont be put off by the astronomical pricing that some units have. Those are 3 watt diodes which create the big price tag. 1 watt diode lamps work just as good if they're in the proper nm range and htey are about half the retail price. Plus the way i see it, 120 watts is 120 watts whether it's delivered thru 1 watt or 3 watt diodes, it's still 120 watts.
Check out the grow Spy4Pie did with 5th generation UFO leds. That guy knocked it out of the park with those lights and those are the same UFO's I currently use. I can vouch for them 100% when I say they work and they last.
You would freak if you saw my grow room.lol.:thedoubletake: You would probably think my house should be condemed! I have three exaust lines running up thru the ceiling and three other holes I had to patch because i miscalculted the duct routes. :loopy:Plus I ran a water line directly to my room so I dont have to carry buckets of water any more. Yep, I have a spicket in my room!:loopy:Luckily this place is close to being paid off so I'm here to stay and I dont ever want to sell it.
I'm either an idiot, genious, or down right crazy person to do what I've done to that poor bedroom. Maybe a little bit of all three. :blunt:

lol i ran a hose from my spicket,under my house,and brought it in through the floor with about 15' of hose coiled under so if i needed more hose i just pull,,works out great lol, on the ufos ,what kind do you have and how much were they?

C
Thank OB I will read it. I am not sure I want to spend more money since I am on a limited income plus the fear of learning and doing another new thing. I only use cfl's cause of the heat and because I don't know how to duct. I wouldn't be able to even if I did. I don't want to mess up my house either. I see a lot with brand new houses that cut holes in the walls that would kill me lol. I could have used my laundry room but guess what that is where we do laundry hehe. It also has the hot water tank in there but it is true that it is a lot cooler in there then my room and closet.

In either respect for me moving to the laundry room is not an option. I will not change my house for plants.

I wish the better lights ran cool so I could use them. I hate having four thousand cfls hanging. I am going to try, yes try, to make a hood that holds a bunch of bulbs so I don't have so many of those round things hanging that bang into each other constantly. I am lucky nothing broke last grow.

Hey alien8. First off let me just say that I've only done 1 grow but. This is my honest opinion. Go with what u grow. I grew in a 3x3 tent and my biggest fear was the heat as well, although it isn't. Recommended I vented my heat into the same room, I just ran the piece of duct through the top of the tentand made an intake for the adjacent window. And I didn't have any issues with heat. With all the power your using with the cfl's you'll actually make it easier on yourself by having one bulb. You should give a 150W, or maybe even a 250W hps, you'll be pleased with the results! I've got a 430W, and off of 4 plants harvested I got about 8 ozs. Dried, and that's becuz I ran outta room for side lighting!. If you've got any questions jus shoot me a PM!

I'm using 90 watt tri band made by California Nursery.
They are 660 red nm, 452 blue nm, and 615 orange nm. They are split with 70 reds, 10 blues, and 10 orange 1 watt diodes. I'm about to upgrade one of my UFO's to a 120 watt panel with the same nm numbers made by the same company

Thanks grow navy. I have some 85's and that brings the heat up the 42's I can touch all day long. I will change bulbs with next grow not this one so will use what I have. Then they will be done according to all I read. I have most going into second grow which is recommended(two grows per bulb)and two into there third but didn't use them the whole grow so it should be fine. Actually most of the ones going into second grow were only used in flowering. I had two setups and didn't move the bulbs. Reps GN

OB if I went with ufo's I would have to duct they run hot. How many grows do ufo's do? I may consider it after my bulbs are done. I would still need to hire someone to vent. I also against wishes of all here use my walk-in closet which I use although it only has clean clothes in it. I don't have a huge house with an extra room so it is this or the garage and then would have to expose the car to the packrats again. Also the garage is way dirtier even though I had zero bug issues in there.

Decisions are sooooooooooo hard.

had to pull 1 of the outdoor gdp before it hurt the other 8 plants outdoors, she showed a fungus issue over the weekend. 90 deg and 80 to 100% humidity not good at this late stage of flowering

The ufos dont produce any heat really. Not enough to where you would need a powered exaust.
I built this tent for a friend that uses one ufo and one 150 watt hps. The tent is 2'x3'x6'. He grow 8 2' tall plants per cycle and hauls about 3oz per harvest. The only venting used is passive. Inside the are two 6"clamp fans to push air thru the canopy and out of the top vent of the tent. He uses Rosey's odor bucket outside the tent in the room. This grow is very generic. No fresh air intake, no co2, and no exaust. Everything as far as air goes is passive and he uses a hope for the best strategy. He does open the tent whenever possible and leaves it open during lights on. It was built from my spare parts and uses my left over clones I dont have room for.

100_10212.JPG

Back
Top Bottom