The Deep Water Culture Home

FFOF = Fox Farm Ocean Forest. It's suppose to be the best soil around and at $28/bag it better be. Just bought some when I went to a hydro store for some supplies for future experiments and here we are!

Summer will put a test on my ventilation system. Winter grow is no problem and I can keep it around 72 ambient room temp with little effort. I've giving soil every advantage by growing a summer hydro vs soil but I still expect big things from hydro.

You are in the mountains right? It doesn't get too hot like here I don't think. I am not sure you will get more from hydro since you will baby all your plants. It is just that the soil will take longer.

MC that is going to be a cool comparison can't wait to see what happens. Isn't fpf a soil grower? I know like you said someone is all soil around here even though they love us.

I know the soil will take way longer. Ok for the newbie what is FFOF. By the way as chief Deep Water Culture it is your duty to do this experiment...lol.

Nope, strictly hydro for now. I used to grow out side, but haven't for 3 or 4 years now.

Here is a link that a friend gave me to show me. I think some of you will really like it. I will give you main page and the page with the altered ebb flow design.

strainguide.org -&nbspThis website is for sale! -&nbspstrainguide Resources and Information.

If you go down to Waterfarm mods for Tree/Bush style. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18, it is on page one. For some reason you can't click to next page in the thread itself so figured I would give you the link from here as well. Grow Archives. | Strain Guide

Nope, I'm in the midwest. Flatland as far as the eye can see and that's pretty far around here! We top out around mid-90's for a week or so with about 70-80% humidity.

Haven't figured out that link yet alien8 but it could be because I'm stoned! I have the memory of a goldfish! LOL!

Check it tomorrow. I talk to one person from the old site was never a Deep Water Culture but does grow in bubbles. He is hooked on this guy. FPF might really like this set up as well although his is well bigger and most likely better. It is an interesting system. If the link doesn't work maybe you can google him. His name is heath robinson and his grow is called critical mass.

So ah, Ive been mighty impressed with the bubble grows......im thinking of my next set up and how thats going to be, and I was thinking of either an NFT grow that would fit in a 600 x 1200 x 2000 cupboard.

Switched on Gardener

either that or should i go bubbles, i dont wanna be taking the grow in and out of the cupboard, so it has to say in there, if the resevior is on the bottom of the plants you've no real way to get a decent look in there if youve got plants on top of it is that correct.

I'm currently doing coco medium and its been cool so far, but apprently the real speed is in pure hydro.

I'm aware its a bit more complicated, but overall i was wondering about the choice of

1. Coco
vs
2. Bubbles
vs
3 NFT

thanks

mrcoz

MC how much FFOF are you using for the one plant? I'm doing my first outdoor grow this year and just bought one bag of the FFOF and one bag of perlite for the one plant...already started the seed in some soil from my backyard and is under CFLs for now but will be digging the hole for her outdoors shortly.

man I'm so far behind on all the jargon, but 420com is a lot more friendly and efficient researching than my previous site.... *Thumbs up*

I stumbled across a distance x hps x wattege page and lost it somehow, im putting together a comprehensive list of lights and lumens for my own.

Really wanna get my next set up pro as I can for "maximum grin and satisfaction factor".

man I'm so far behind on all the jargon, but 420com is a lot more friendly and efficient researching than my previous site.... *Thumbs up*

I stumbled across a distance x hps x wattege page and lost it somehow, im putting together a comprehensive list of lights and lumens for my own.

Really wanna get my next set up pro as I can for "maximum grin and satisfaction factor".

Welcome to 420 bro:thumb:

I know this isnt exactly what your looking for but this might provide a little reference:

100 watt lights: 1.5FT x 1.5FT growing area
150/175 watt lights: 2FT x 2FT growing area
250 watt lights: 3FT x 3FT growing area
400 watt lights: 5FT x 5FT growing area
600 watt lights: 6FT x 6FT growing area
1000 watt lights: 8FT x 8FT growing area

I dont have my grow bible handy but if you had a more specific question maybe providing your grow space i'm sure someone could hook ya up with some exact [lumen per foot at what distance] info

MC how much FFOF are you using for the one plant? I'm doing my first outdoor grow this year and just bought one bag of the FFOF and one bag of perlite for the one plant...already started the seed in some soil from my backyard and is under CFLs for now but will be digging the hole for her outdoors shortly.

I was planning on putting two plants in a 10 gallon container. I probably could grow more but why? I'll start them in pong cups and work my way up. They'll get some time in the big pot befeore I go to flower.

Geez one bag with perlite is alot. I'd dig deep and fill her up outside.

if i could get an answer to the tft vs coco vs bubbles id be rapped!

Lights are really a small issue for me, the medium im growing in is much more important cause once its in, im hardly likely to scrap it if i decide its too much work or i cant move it or its difficult to manange around in a cupboard, things like those. "the small stuff than long term becomes a pain in the ass" lol

Well to be in here I guess I need to post a couple old pictures to establish my Deep Water Culture rep, so here goes

numbers.jpg

wowwwwww.jpg

bubbles.jpg

grow4inside.jpg

huge_growth.jpg

bubble22.jpg

Hey man A/c that hole where our cable for your pump goes into is kind of large, you have any problems with algae? I'd tape over it or something.

Hey guys I followed the rose man over on the other site and his move over here moved me here too. I'd like to join your Deep Water Culture group, because let me tell you after reading roseman's thread on his grow I've become hooked! I wont start growing till august though...:straightface:

Welcome to 420 bro:thumb:

I know this isnt exactly what your looking for but this might provide a little reference:

100 watt lights: 1.5FT x 1.5FT growing area
150/175 watt lights: 2FT x 2FT growing area
250 watt lights: 3FT x 3FT growing area
400 watt lights: 5FT x 5FT growing area
600 watt lights: 6FT x 6FT growing area
1000 watt lights: 8FT x 8FT growing area

I dont have my grow bible handy but if you had a more specific question maybe providing your grow space i'm sure someone could hook ya up with some exact [lumen per foot at what distance] info

I would love a link that shows how to calculate lumens per sqft at a given distance for a 400W and 600W. :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom