The Deep Water Culture Home

MC I just ordered it as well with the 20 bucks off. So I guess we will all try it the same time. I am not sure why they say the screens only last a few months. That doesn't seem right. Also was wondering if it would be almost smokeless since it is cooled.

Over time even the best screen is going to get dirty. If mine lasted 2 months it would be a miracle. I'm a stickler for a good clean smoke. I grew it and I want to taste it. I clean my pipe and replace the screens about once every 4 days. From what I hear you can clean it with a plain cloth to get most of it out and you can use isopropyl alchohol to clean the screen and other areas more completely. It's got some prefilter/multiple chambers and it will be fun to try to clog it up!

Don't think it will be smokeless. Cleaner smoke but not smokeless. I figure it somewhere betwwen a pipe and a vape as far as ease of inhale. Maybe like a baby bong hit. That's the hope.

Does anyone use a grinder and if so do you like it and which one. I have always used a spaghetti strainer for joints but I am getting too many twigs.

Alien8 I use a 3 stage grinder, the bottom section catches the trich cystals as they fall through the upper screen. Makes it much easier to roll a joint ! The weed in the top section is nice and clean no clumps !:peace:

Hey 2hiegh4u, those two grows I just finished up were 2 Sour Diesels in a 5 gallon bucket and 3 Northern Lights in the 8 gallon SH res. I used the SH nutes for vegging and then went with Advaced Nutrients Sensi A&B, Big Bud, Liquid Carbo Load and Super Thrive for flower.

grow with clones and don't have to worry about males.

using advance nutes would i need a ppm meter?
i also will be using fem seeds

Thanks for the info on the pipe, so I was right someone here did get it. Well actually two people and MC is the latest. MC let's here you comments on it. We have seen obx now let's see yours. I can't be bothered with a vaporizer it is too difficult for me so I thought that pipe might be a good inbetween. Let me know.

thanks for the input

Hey 2hiegh4u, those two grows I just finished up were 2 Sour Diesels in a 5 gallon bucket and 3 Northern Lights in the 8 gallon SH res. I used the SH nutes for vegging and then went with Advaced Nutrients Sensi A&B, Big Bud, Liquid Carbo Load and Super Thrive for flower.

The biggest dif between the bucket and tote was the tote holds double the water, you've got a little more leeway when watering, you can overfill the res and it will last longer than the bucket will.

Other than that I'd say the results speak for themselves. But remember, I grow with clones and don't have to worry about males.

another thing i will be using cfls will the adcance nutes be to strong?

MostlyCrazy, it's been a couple of weeks now, thanks again for your advice on my feeder tubes. It seems to be working out ok so far.

I do however have a couple of more questions.
1.) 1st and second attached pics are of my G13 Labs WW now about 13 days old. First leaves although huge, look deformed. Should I be worried?
2.) Pics 3,4 and 5 are of my DNA RockLock (same age), and 1st set of leaves are looking to be canoeing(?) quite a bit. This plant in general is a lot smaller and much lighter in color. In fact it almost seems like it is yellowing.

I am using 368w of cfl's (3/4's are 6500k for veg) and trying to keep my temps between 75 and 85 deg with an RH of about 50-60%. My res temps are ~75 deg.
PH is currently at 6.2 and PPM @ ~370 in both containers. I have to run a cool mist humidifier 24/7 just to keep my RH at that level.
**Within the next week I will be upgrading to a 6"cooltube with a 400w MH. My 36x20x62" tent will also be vented with a 6" 540 cfm inline (w/speed control) and a matching carbon filter. I have been fighting with my temp and humidity in my tent and I am hoping this will help. I will post more pics when it's set up next week.

Are my plants looking like they are ok so far? Any advice you guys could give a first timer would be greatly appreciated.

I'd recommend one too but if that's not possible then what you give up it the ability to see what they are eating in between res changes. Your only choice is to add res water at the same nute level as your original batch if needed. Not horrible, just a little harder to fine tune.

Apparently having trouble with the pics. When I tried to upload them they were too big (>1mb). I make 'em smaller to upload and now you can barely even see them! I guess I'll figure it out at some point. I just wanted you guys to get a good look, because really respect your opinions. There is only so much you can get from a book.

jrsaces,

The plants are fine. Kids do the darndest things. All your numbers are in line except the res temp. 75 is too warm. The ventilation you have planned should fix you up and it will be fine until then. Just don't let it get any warmer. Put a fan on the res or turn it to medium. That will lower your humidity so it's a trade off right now. You could always go more air on the res and start misting at least a couple of times a day. They are delicate now and change is not good.

Damn I missed page 420!!!!!!! :grinjoint:

Dont have a link but this is strait from Jorge Cervantes's grow bible
600W (150 lumens per watt):
1' away: 90,000 Lumens
2' away: 22,500 Lumens
3' away: 9,999 Lumens
4' away: 6,428 Lumens

400W (125 lumens per watt):
1' away: 50,000 Lumens
2' away: 12,500 Lumens
3' away: 5,555 Lumens
4' away: 3,571 Lumens

This is correct...but you still have to calculate the amount of lumens that are at the canopy of the plants...because it wont be equal to the amount being emitted from the bulb

I'm totally loving this, building my "lumens encyclopedia" pretty quick to spark up a 3hr conversation between me and my mate on the way to MMM 2010! WOOHOOO First Saturday of May Here we come!:cheer::grinjoint::rollit:

Hey guy Aloha.. Im Chad first time grower. just built my first aerponic system set up for six plants. My med marijuana card in hawaii only lets my grow 7. how much light am i gunna need for six ladies. learning alot from you guys..mahalo

using advance nutes would i need a ppm meter?
i also will be using fem seeds

I use the tds meter to monitor nute useage by the plants. I don't push the nutes like a lot of people do, if you want to use high levels of nutes then You'll need it, but from what I've learned growing and in my research is that very high nute levels does not benefit the plan at all, it only increases you chance of burning you plant. I never go over 900 ppm in any stage of growth.

Hey guy Aloha.. Im Chad first time grower. just built my first aerponic system set up for six plants. My med marijuana card in hawaii only lets my grow 7. how much light am i gunna need for six ladies. learning alot from you guys..mahalo

Welcome friend to the world of Deep Water Culture lol, everyone here is so helpfull and willin to answer any question you have. Now this is my first grow as well i am at day 17 flower it depends on what kind of lightin you choose to to go with everyone has there own opinion i and many others prefer CFL lighting while others choose LED or HPS its up to you on lightin you choose. If you went with CFL i would recomend about 300wt 6500k and about 150-200wt 2700k for 6 but thats me i only have the one growin for now. Also you should go to the introduce yourself thread and tell the mods who you are and they will help you get around this site and everythin else :welcome:

Back
Top Bottom