The Deep Water Culture Home

Hello all, I'm new to hydro and newer to the Deep Water Culture. Found this site from a how to link. i've been reading here for a couple days and really like the team work and info sharing without getting blasted for asking a question. I didn't know anything about Deep Water Culture but ran into it by accident.
I have an ebb/flow setup that was short four buckets, so I cut some holes in the lid of my 55G resevoir for the four extra girls which was just supposed to be temporary. In the 5 day time it took to get the other buckets they out paced the others by quite a bit so I tried to recreate the conditions with using a 27 gallon tub with tons of air. I gotten good growth in the four days it's been up. I am glad I found this forum cause I am not to sure on how to maintain the great setup I think this is and I think I have more ladies than most people use this system for. Any advice would be appreciated.

Welcome Kaloc. If you are doing it the Deep Water Culture way you can just follow the tutorials in my signature. Any questions you can ask the people around here they are great.

:welcome: KALOC..You have found the best resource there is for growing with bubbles. the group here is here because they like growing with bubbles and love to share their amazing amounts of knowledge..alien8 has already directed you down the right path by his recommending reading the tutorials.. I am brand new here myself and have learned a great deal from the Deep Water Culture here.they are all more than happy to give you great advice.stick around check out the grow journals, read the tutorials, and make some friends...seeing that you are brand new to Deep Water Culture I recommend the first tutorial you read should be Roseman's SH and D.I.Y tutorial.. here is the link...enjoy..

anyone wanna come beat up my computer.. im starting to dislike technology..lol

Thanks alien8 and crbanshee for the welcome, I'll get started on the tuts. Looking forward to hangin out here.

how about a photo of that set up you have going on,sounds like quite a large system. share with us..?? what are you using for light? :smokin:

runnin 2-250 cfl 6500k 2-65 cfl 6500k 2-65 cfl 2700k over 27 gal toughtub with 20 gals in tank. I was running another pump with just the two rings but I started to get slime on the roots so I Tim Taylor'd the air and added the stones. Seemed to clear it right up. :)
eco air 5 commercial air pump 3 air stones (cyl short) and 2 air rings 1top, 1bottom. Blueberry Kush, Purple Sat, Lemon Skunk.

runnin 2-250 cfl 6500k 2-65 cfl 6500k 2-65 cfl 2700k over 27 gal toughtub with 20 gals in tank. I was running another pump with just the two rings but I started to get slime on the roots so I Tim Taylor'd the air and added the stones. Seemed to clear it right up. :)
eco air 5 commercial air pump 3 air stones (cyl short) and 2 air rings 1top, 1bottom. Blueberry Kush, Purple Sat, Lemon Skunk.

nice, how about a photo of that bad boy?

Happy mothers day to all the moms out there in Deep Water Culture land...I wish you all a wounderful day.

Roseman, do you ever get sick of all the praise you get constantly? (doubt it!) You are quite the orginal internet celeb. I wonder what would come up on google if you type in Roseman. haha

miller162, it is very humbling and to some exent, it inspries me and motivates me. So ,NO, I never tire of it and I really love it.

You could have no idea how many people I have helped learn to grow over 4 years. I am very proud of the money that did not go to murdering Drug Lords because of those home growers.
I recently had a 12,000 post thread deleted at a different grow site, and that really sickened me. I still had 12,000 posts remaining tho.
I also once half owned a different site, and left a few thousand posts there.

Two years ago, someone told me to google Roseman, Deep Water Culture, or Roseman, Marijuana, and it scared me to death. I had anxiety attacks and the paranoid made me sick. But I got over it.

My astorlogical sun sign is Aquarius, the water bearer, the distributor of information and knowledge. I love teaching, and paying it forward and paying it back and that is really my inspiration.

Thanks for asking, friend.

Hello all, I'm new to hydro and newer to the Deep Water Culture. Found this site from a how to link. i've been reading here for a couple days and really like the team work and info sharing without getting blasted for asking a question. I didn't know anything about Deep Water Culture but ran into it by accident.
I have an ebb/flow setup that was short four buckets, so I cut some holes in the lid of my 55G resevoir for the four extra girls which was just supposed to be temporary. In the 5 day time it took to get the other buckets they out paced the others by quite a bit so I tried to recreate the conditions with using a 27 gallon tub with tons of air. I gotten good growth in the four days it's been up. I am glad I found this forum cause I am not to sure on how to maintain the great setup I think this is and I think I have more ladies than most people use this system for. Any advice would be appreciated.

Welcome to 420 bro. Very glad you could join us.

Sounds like all you got to do is maintain a good pH, and do an ocassional Drain and Replinish, and keep the bubbles flowing.

miller162, it is very humbling and to some exent, it inspries me and motivates me. So ,NO, I never tire of it and I really love it.

You could have no idea how many people I have helped learn to grow over 4 years. I am very proud of the money that did not go to murdering Drug Lords because of those home growers.
I recently had a 12,000 post thread deleted at a different grow site, and that really sickened me. I still had 12,000 posts remaining tho.
I also once half owned a different site, and left a few thousand posts there.

Two years ago, someone told me to google Roseman, Deep Water Culture, or Roseman, Marijuana, and it scared me to death. I had anxiety attacks and the paranoid made me sick. But I got over it.

My astorlogical sun sign is Aquarius, the water bearer, the distributor of information and knowledge. I love teaching, and paying it forward and paying it back and that is really my inspiration.

Thanks for asking, friend.

Wow, you sir are truely a Guru of philosophy. Im glad to hear you got over the anxiety and paranoia, that is great! They say no good deed goes selfless, which makes perfect sense but, in your case You take the good feeling from the good deeds and keep helping and helping growers (and people in general i am sure!) its amazing, You are such a wise, noble, honorable person. We are blessed to be in your presence. Good karma for you, always!

thank you for the mothers day wishes and I would like to wish all those a happy moms day including the dads. For those who don't have human kids happy day for all the animals you take care of and treat as your kids.

thank you for the mothers day wishes and I would like to wish all those a happy moms day including the dads. For those who don't have human kids happy day for all the animals you take care of and treat as your kids.

haha thats so true alien, i told my gf happy moms day cuz she thinks of herself as my puppies "mama" haha ill be sure the tell her my Deep Water Culture friends feel the same way!

Ok here are pictures as of today. This is a week with zero nutes to try and come back from nute burn with only 300 and change ppm. I am still not happy with the way the plants look. Someone pointed out that my leaves are dark. I thought that is how they were suppose to be but I guess I am wrong. I did turn the top around so they will get different lighting now. I can't switch the lights like RM does it is too hard for me. It is way easier to turn the top when doing the water change.

Please keep in mind my physical limitations to take care of them.

This is the ww

WW ignore my stupid clone that is doing nothing except growing roots slowly.

Unknown indoor mix which grows one stalk up. It is basically one huge bud with a few breaks but not many. It is dense and hopefully will be ready in two weeks.

For those who forgot I am just finishing my 7th week of flowering.

Back
Top Bottom