The Deep Water Culture Home

there is a short movie at SH Hydroponics, Inc. showing the bubbles and pumps working.

Cool! my net went down last night, couldnt load it!

Awesome! My mate will be over in no time!

Hes bringing me Ed Rothasdals "closet Cultivator" over!!! :yahoo::thumb:

My fellow Deep Water Culture, I have a lighting question, I have read Roseman's CFL tutorial. but IM Not using CFL. so IM NOT sure the same rules apply.. I am switching From my 1000watt M/H to my 1000watt. HPS later this evening..My question is, when using such a powerfull light is there any risk or harm in turning the M/H off for a bit before going to the HPS..For example, If im going to run my HPS from say 6pm to 6 am can I turn off the M/H at 4pm when im doing my water change and weekly maintenance or will that cause a problem only having a 2 hr period with lights out before going going to a 12-12 cycle with the HPS?

Actually the 1000 HPS produces less heat than the 1000 MH bulb so you can just switch out the bulb lickety split make sure you switch that ballast as well to HPS and not MH. So basically no delay is required at all.

Clean the HardDrive, And then Defragment. Then go to Microsoft's Fix it and let them diagnois it for free.

turns out not to be the computer, my wireless router was having issues. I had to replace it and now things are working like they should be...I still dont like all this new technology..too complicated...

I hear ya, man, I just got Windows 7 and I hate learning new stuff.

from what i hear the windows 7 is suposed to be very user friendly. I was told that even people like myself who are computer stupid can get through windows 7 very easily...or it could just be another sales gimic

Actually the 1000 HPS produces less heat than the 1000 MH bulb so you can just switch out the bulb lickety split make sure you switch that ballast as well to HPS and not MH. So basically no delay is required at all.

I was under the impression that the HPS was the hottter running bulb? the metal halide was suposed to run cooler than the HPS. according to my local hydro shop.. but then again, those guys are jerk offs in that store so maybe im wrong...

I have just been approached with a very interesting question that I do not have an answer for, so I thought this would be the place to get that answer...
question was, Has anyone ever tried to do an outdoor grow using a Deep Water Culture system, and how did it work?? I thought this was a very interesting idea.. Has anyone tried this? what was the outcome? If you know the answers to this please share with us...

I have just been approached with a very interesting question that I do not have an answer for, so I thought this would be the place to get that answer...
question was, Has anyone ever tried to do an outdoor grow using a Deep Water Culture system, and how did it work?? I thought this was a very interesting idea.. Has anyone tried this? what was the outcome? If you know the answers to this please share with us...

Sounds Crazy so I will let MC handle this one. MC!

Hi yall. Sorry I haven't been on or posting much lately due to work in and out of the garden. This is my time of the year for work so I must get it while i can. On another note I broke a cardinal rule. After working hard last week I came home went outside to pick up after my two lovely Labs and then into checking my garden.
I DIDN'T CHANGE MY CLOTHES OR SHOES!!!!!!!!

Yes I have spider mites now. Luckily they are on the weak plant that I moved out with the clones. I was looking forward to playing with her and trying all sorts of experiments. Since I am in the bug business and tremendously afraid of the mites getting to my beautiful plant that is in the 2nd week of flower I put the chems to her. I am not concerned with the repercussions of the products as they are labeled for food handling areas and she will be a Mom if the mites get under control.

So just remember change your clothes and be clean, clean, clean in your garden.

This has been a public service announcement brought to you by a careless Deep Water Culture. :peace:

Great post moustache.

Peace

Sam

Yup.. MH is hotter then HPS. If I had a 400W HPS instead of a 250 & 150 I could tell you how hot mine are... But I don't, see.

Infrared thermometers are nice for measuring stuff too hot to touch. :)

More pics posted on my grow..
I now have 1 lady in flower.. Soil-less media

In veg: 1 10G tub with 3 seedlings, 2 clones at the moment in it, another 10G tub with 3 clones in it, and a 1G shallow bubble tub with 5 clones in it and a 6" humidity dome on it.

These clones are taking SOOOO long to root and start growth, it's driving me nuts. :|

you may of used too much peroxide.

I'd cut up to 75% of the roots off, all of the dead decaying ones, if they still have feeder tubes, and use 3 tablespoons of 3% peroxide per gallon of water and wait for a re-growth to happen.

thanks rose for some reason i was thinking it was 3 cups of peroxide for sum reason musta been stoned just got home and bout to do the 8 step recovery again

Shit I run XP and love the hell out of it.

Macs are nice but pricey as hell and not as powerful my man.

I beg to differ. I use them for high end 3d graphics and the pc lags behind the Mac by miles in that area. No self-respecting 3d graphics person would be caught dead with a pc. My son uses them for video editing, even a small MacBook is adequate for most video work, something Dell will never be able to say about it's low end notebook. And as to price, you get what you pay for. If you try to set up a PC to have the built-in capabilities of a Mac you spend the same amount of money. I've worked with both in a number of offices. The PC's are so damn expensive because the IT guy is in working on them every week whereas I can do all the repair work on my Mac by myself.

Back
Top Bottom