The Deep Water Culture Home

Theorhetically you can but I'm not sure all distilled is 7.0 exactly. That rough chart came off the net and/or from Roseman.

Remind me again, are your ak48's autos? Otherwise they are talking about a 48 day flower (aka 7 weeks).

Yeah...48 day flower is what Im thinking. I am wondering about the authenticity of certain seeds from various seed banks. Last grow was my 1st time with AK-48's and one flowered in 24/7 light after 3 weeks in veg, so I went into flowering mode with all 3 assuming they were auto's. THIS time, (same seed bank-same seed order) I had 3 germ (of 3) and one is slim and tall whereas the other 2 are bushy as hell. All 3 are very Indica hybrid looking, whatever they actually are. Anyway, this time they stayed in veg until I vegged them so... they are not an autoflowering plant at all. They will stay small like I like them and should have big, tight buds and lots of colas from fimming. All have been from feminized seeds so never any time wasted with a male...yet.:yahoo:

High MC!
With the discussion going on testing meters I wanted to get a second opinion from you on my sitchyation. It's kinda after the fact since I already ordered the new probe but here's my dilema...
I bought a Hanna HI991404 Gro Check meter used off ebay. I know, mistake # 1!
I get the meter and it looks brand new and i get excited. I pull the cap off the ph probe and Ohh Noooooo! It's dry. no storage solution or anything. Rats! I say. I see it now, I'm gonna have to buy a new probe.
Hanna offers some hope in the pdf instructions that a probe can be brought back to life by leaving it in calibration or storage solution for an hour. I do exactly that and proceed to calibrate it.
After calibration it settles at around 7.2 in 7.01 cal fluid. Not only that but it decides to start bouncing up and down from 7.04 to 7.34 never locking on a number. It continues this and I give up hope and head to my hydro shop with my tail between my legs to order the new probe. My great deal and find quickly goes from a steal to barely saving $20 if I would have just bought a new meter.
Was ordering the new probe the right choice? I held out hope for this probe but I just dont trust it. My shop guy said Hanna only warranties probes for six months so maybe this was the best course afterall. I'm just curious about your opinion on something like this.
BTW the ppm and temp settings are dead on.
:peace: - OB

hello BH`s! I`m still around just need to get some new equipment before I strart my next bubble grow (meters) but no cash atm, I have a soil plant 5 weeks in bloom and I`m sending another one into flower tomorrow, I have a bunch of clones I took on Sat from 2 moms and hopefully a few of those will be bubble grows!! Peace and happiness to all!!

High MC!
With the discussion going on testing meters I wanted to get a second opinion from you on my sitchyation. It's kinda after the fact since I already ordered the new probe but here's my dilema...
I bought a Hanna HI991404 Gro Check meter used off ebay. I know, mistake # 1!
I get the meter and it looks brand new and i get excited. I pull the cap off the ph probe and Ohh Noooooo! It's dry. no storage solution or anything. Rats! I say. I see it now, I'm gonna have to buy a new probe.
Hanna offers some hope in the pdf instructions that a probe can be brought back to life by leaving it in calibration or storage solution for an hour. I do exactly that and proceed to calibrate it.
After calibration it settles at around 7.2 in 7.01 cal fluid. Not only that but it decides to start bouncing up and down from 7.04 to 7.34 never locking on a number. It continues this and I give up hope and head to my hydro shop with my tail between my legs to order the new probe. My great deal and find quickly goes from a steal to barely saving $20 if I would have just bought a new meter.
Was ordering the new probe the right choice? I held out hope for this probe but I just dont trust it. My shop guy said Hanna only warranties probes for six months so maybe this was the best course afterall. I'm just curious about your opinion on something like this.
BTW the ppm and temp settings are dead on.
:peace: - OB

Maybe it needs new batteries or maybe the probes need cleaning since it's a used meter.

Maybe it needs new batteries or maybe the probes need cleaning since it's a used meter.

Good idea but no batteries are required. It has an ac adapter and it plugs in to an outlet. Here's a pic

000_03501.JPG

Good Lord dude what is that ? Does that water your plants too ? Too much tech for this ol guy !! :peace:

Hey everyone :blunt: Does anyone have advice on bananas (acorns)?? I have spotted a few and am thinking about trying to pick them off the best I can:reading420magazine::thanks:

Alien8: :p I almost posted, NICE METER.. and didn't.

Honestly, I'm looking at building an environment controller now.. Been pondering it for some time.

Actually... If you can get the beans popped, and a root hanging down.. that might not be a bad way to start. They claim that it's superior growth comes from the huge amounts of DO available to the roots.

Mr.SciFi ..

Thank You for your Reply to my Post.. And I agree with you completely.. Theoretically,, I dont see why it wouldnt be an awesome Environment for the little Beans.. But,, what the hell do I know.. lol .. I guess the only thing to do is to try it and find out.. :) .. And maybe keep my own Ideas to myself,, or in my own Thread.. ..

Thank You again for your Reply and Thought Sir,, very much appreciated !! !!

:)

Red I was told to let the ideas fly so you have to as well. I wrote a reply on your thread. You never know something till you try it and I think you should but with bagseed when you get some.

So, can I calibrate my pH meter to 7.0 by just buying a plastic bottle of distilled water?? That would be cool.....the blood thing, not so much..:blunt:

NO!! I use distilled and it is NOT all 7.0 PH!!!

Mr.Roseman..

Forgive me for being a Dumbass and thinking that this Fog/Myst "Cloner" Environment might be perfect for a Seed.. It was just a thought I had,, so I figured asking about it in this Forum would be a good Idea,, at least,, a better Idea than quite possibly wasting the expensive Seeds.. .. lol

Oh well,, it was just a thought.. .. Back to the Drawing Board.. .. lol

:)

Someone tried that and it did work, however I wouldn't recommend it. I use the paper towel germination method and then place the popped seedlings into rapid rooters(instead of rockwool). I have a germination tray to hold them until ready for transplant. I like this method and it has proved reliable for me.

Hey everyone :blunt: Does anyone have advice on bananas (acorns)?? I have spotted a few and am thinking about trying to pick them off the best I can:reading420magazine::thanks:

Remove them immediately!!!! Take a plastic sandwich zip baggie and cut them off into the baggie. Try not to touch or squeeze them at all, use scissors if available. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom