The Deep Water Culture Home

Hello everyone!

I wanted to drop by and introduce myself to you all. I know there are a few of you here that I know from the Journals in Progress boards, SkooterClowns suggested that I look into getting DWC for myself and my husbands MMJ needs. I have a pretty lame first grow over on the Journals in Progress boards, and a lot of your wonderful members have welcomed me with such open arms and have said much kinder words than my feeble attempt deserves.

I saw the Deep Water Culture all over the boards here at 420 and they are just the nicest most helpful people I have had the fortune to run across. As I was meeting these Deep Water Culture, I noticed links to Roseman's Deep Water Culture Tutorial. I was HOOKED, and I must confess that Roseman has become my horticultural muse...:bigblush: Anyway I have just purchased a DWC Starter Kit from Stealth Hydro yesterday, and I can't wait until it gets here!

I am so hoping that with all of the wonderful knowledgeable DWC and Deep Water Culture here will help me become a successful Deep Water Culture.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Galadriel:peace:

Hello everyone!

I wanted to drop by and introduce myself to you all. I know there are a few of you here that I know from the Journals in Progress boards, SkooterClowns suggested that I look into getting DWC for myself and my husbands MMJ needs. I have a pretty lame first grow over on the Journals in Progress boards, and a lot of your wonderful members have welcomed me with such open arms and have said much kinder words than my feeble attempt deserves.

I saw the Deep Water Culture all over the boards here at 420 and they are just the nicest most helpful people I have had the fortune to run across. As I was meeting these Deep Water Culture, I noticed links to Roseman's Deep Water Culture Tutorial. I was HOOKED, and I must confess that Roseman has become my horticultural muse...:bigblush: Anyway I have just purchased a DWC Starter Kit from Stealth Hydro yesterday, and I can't wait until it gets here!

I am so hoping that with all of the wonderful knowledgeable DWC and Deep Water Culture here will help me become a successful Deep Water Culture.

welcome you will get all the help you need here, a wealth of knowlege and these folks will gladly share it:cheer:

hi Deep Water Culture,
just wondered if any of you guys have any experience with adding an airstone/airskirt to the bottom res. of an aquafarm? i've read that it can increase grow spead and yields?
i used air sticks from wally world, but ones from an aquafarm may be better, they may have more bubbles

welcome you will get all the help you need here, a wealth of knowlege and these folks will gladly share it:cheer:

I have LOTS of questions. Plus I have a LOT of schwag bagseed to use as test subjects :rofl:

I already have a couple questions about the DWC setup. How hard would it be to add the irrigation hub up to drip on the plants like Deep Water Culture? Just for the first weeks as seedlings. That way I wouldn't have to babysit them all day long....

Can I use a panty hose on the pump housing so I don't have to deal with dead debris screwing up my ph?

Will silicone mess with the PPM or PH of the water if I use it to seal the drain kit attachment? Or do I have to use the plumbers teflon tape?

Will I need to supply some air pumps for the aerators? I have a pump that was rated for a 40 gallon fishtank, and it works really well.

Last but not least, can I use the water testing kit that I have for my fishtank for some of the testings? It was a pretty pricey kit, and my boys killed all the fish, so I was wondering if any of the stuff I got for it will work with the hydro. For instance, the ph tester, and the kit I have tests for nitrates, nitrites, etc etc. I also have PH up and PH down, for the fishtank too. Can I use those?

Now, I just need a few more things for this grow, and really it is just a few more things. Mylar for the grow area, a couple of fans for cooling. I was fortunate that some unexpected but welcomed cash came in. So I decided to invest the money on my own hydro setup.

Sorry, I am really tired and blazed at the moment and I tend to ramble... LOL See everyone tomorrow!

Hello everyone!

Welcome to the BH home Galadriel great place for some information. And good morning to all. A8 I hope you get better can only imagine what your going through. And thanks for the advice; I will stay away from the Post office as far as my order is concerned. Within the next two weeks I will order from SSC and attitude but will not place large orders. The order i am waiting on is about 20 seeds 4 free and two 5 packs and one 6 pack so hopefully i will get it soon. I am just impatient so dont mind me. I got a bloom tent to buy some nutes and my meters and microscope and I should be in good shape. And let me not forget my FLIR blocker as well :) and maybe a few misc items. But this weekend I will be making my help thread for my new grow room I currently have. I have supplies in the grow room so i need to clean it up real nice first seen a mouse and a roach lookin mofo last night who met the bottom of my shoe but he was not in the grow room neither were but good to know what i can prepare for. Any who i am done rambling. :grinjoint:

hi Deep Water Culture,
just wondered if any of you guys have any experience with adding an airstone/airskirt to the bottom res. of an aquafarm? i've read that it can increase grow spead and yields?

I don't have any AquaFarm experience, but I would definitely try it and bet it grows faster and works great too.

Welcome to our home, Ezygee, why don't you join us?

See first apge here:

Hello everyone!

Welcome to our home thread, GaladrielDreams, we're very glad you visited. We are allowed to shoot the breeze here and get a little off topic here, so its a very nice place to visit.
We Deep Water Culture get a 10% discount from SH, I wish we could have told you earlier to use Deep Water Culture as a discount coupon.

That DWC kit is excellent for clones and seedlings and will work great for you. With an additional Irrigation Hub and feeder tubes, you have a Deep Water Culture system, and you can start seeds in it.
Since you will be growing in Bubbles, we invite you to join our little gang and display the smiley.

Let us know how we can help you and we hope you visit here often.

I have LOTS of questions.

Thats what us Deep Water Culture do; answer questions!

Plus I have a LOT of schwag bagseed to use as test subjects :rofl:

Just remember, there is Indica (shorter bushier plants, better for pain management, and shorter flowering cycle) and there is Indica (much taller plants, not often used for medical reasons, and much longer Flowering cycle)

I already have a couple questions about the DWC setup. How hard would it be to add the irrigation hub up to drip on the plants like Deep Water Culture? Just for the first weeks as seedlings. That way I wouldn't have to babysit them all day long....
Great idea, and it surely will make the first 3 or 4 weeks grow faster and taller faster. Hubs can be found at Lowes, amazon.com and of course, Stealth Hydro.
At Lowes, the brand name is MISTER LANDSCAPER. It is in the DRIP IRRIGATION section (even says "drip irrigation" on the package), the technical name for it is PVC SPRINKLER ADAPTER (that is on the package too), the item# is 191779, and the model# is MLA-RA9, and the cost is $10.73. My local Lowes had about 9-10 of them in stock.
AND
Rain Bird Landscape Dripline System 2.0 GPH Manifold #MANIF2-1PK
Available at Bizrate.com, Amazon.com, and Home Depot for $4.99 to $5.99

Can I use a panty hose on the pump housing so I don't have to deal with dead debris screwing up my ph?

Another GREAT idea!

Will silicone mess with the PPM or PH of the water if I use it to seal the drain kit attachment? Or do I have to use the plumbers teflon tape?

Both are fine!

Will I need to supply some air pumps for the aerators? I have a pump that was rated for a 40 gallon fishtank, and it works really well. Again, works great!
Last but not least, can I use the water testing kit that I have for my fishtank for some of the testings? It was a pretty pricey kit, and my boys killed all the fish, so I was wondering if any of the stuff I got for it will work with the hydro. For instance, the ph tester, and the kit I have tests for nitrates, nitrites, etc etc. I also have PH up and PH down, for the fishtank too. Can I use those?

I do both, and either depending on what I am out of at the time. I ahve two 55 gallon tanks. They all work great for Hydro and for Aquariums.

Now, I just need a few more things for this grow, and really it is just a few more things. Mylar for the grow area, a couple of fans for cooling. I was fortunate that some unexpected but welcomed cash came in. So I decided to invest the money on my own hydro setup.

Sorry, I am really tired and blazed at the moment and I tend to ramble... LOL See everyone tomorrow!

What two ounces will cost the average smoker, that same amount of money can grow 8 to 16 ounces of prime buds.....and more than once too!

I don't have any AquaFarm experience, but I would definitely try it and bet it grows faster and works great too.

Welcome to our home, Ezygee, why don't you join us?

See first apge here:

thanks Roseman, love your articles and thanks for the advice. Yes im looking to join the Deep Water Culture, just need to add some bubbles to my aquafarm, and hopefully i'll be set.im thinking of using a seperate pump with an airstone or airskirt permanently located in the res.:)

Hi Ezygee and welcome to Deep Water Culture.
Poppin in on lunch break.

Just to point out something on R.M.'s statement.

"Plus I have a LOT of schwag bagseed to use as test subjects

Just remember, there is Indica (shorter bushier plants, better for pain management, and shorter flowering cycle) and there is Indica (much taller plants, not often used for medical reasons, and much longer Flowering cycle)"

It is the Sativa type of plant that is much taller.
But this is a good move in using bag seeds in learning about the plant.
I did this also with soil and learned a lot before I jump in to the bubbles grow.
I still have some of them outside. I really don't check on them to much
because it is more of a stealth grow.

Good luck on your grow, your in good hands here. :)

The new veg room lives!

Got it set up with my 250 with a mh conversion bulb (20,500 lumens). Room temps in the basement never get past 79* in summer. RH is 45-50% but I can fix that.

Popping 4 Jack Herer, 2 Cream Carmel, 2 - Carmel Ice and 1 - Dinafem Diesel (freebie) - all fems. They are soaking as we speak. Will spread them somehow between, the bp tank, a couple of DWC and a couple of soils.

Current grow is zooming along. Almost all are about 22", even canopy and bushing out nicely. Have one runt (no surprise) if you can call an 18" bushy plant a runt. It stays on the edge and I get what I get from it. Added some cfl's for side lighting.

The veg room will allow for a perpetual grow. One week into flower on the current grow and all have hairs at least 5 nodes down and some a lot more. Main colas look like they are growing beards! If I let them all stand instead of supercropping the BP tank heavily, the bp tank plants would be about 7" bigger than the soil.

Hi Ezygee and welcome to Deep Water Culture.
Poppin in on lunch break.

Just to point out something on R.M.'s statement.

"Plus I have a LOT of schwag bagseed to use as test subjects

Just remember, there is Indica (shorter bushier plants, better for pain management, and shorter flowering cycle) and there is Indica (much taller plants, not often used for medical reasons, and much longer Flowering cycle)"

It is the Sativa type of plant that is much taller.
But this is a good move in using bag seeds in learning about the plant.
I did this also with soil and learned a lot before I jump in to the bubbles grow.
I still have some of them outside. I really don't check on them to much
because it is more of a stealth grow.

Good luck on your grow, your in good hands here. :)

GREAT POINT, GREAT POST! I should have added that.

Well It looks like today might be the Day!!!! After a 4 month Hiatus, I'm back in action!

I took the day off early to get home, start cleaning up my grow area and supplies. Made a list of all the things I'm low on, ferts, pH to buy and such. Got my tanks, buckets, lines, stones all soaking in bleach. Got fresh hydroton, and now I'm just eyeing my seeds to see what I want to put where. Think I'll go with Northern Lights (my Fav) in the BP tub, Trainwreck in the bucket again, and I'm trying to decide between LA Woman, or lemon Skunk in the hydrofarm. Oh Decisions Decisions....

But Anyways Folks, I'm back in Action!!!

Oh and I sprayed both rooms (in fact the whole basement) down with a Bifenthrin/imidicloprid + a good synergist, so I should be ready to rock :)

Back
Top Bottom