The downfall of HID and LED

this is the future, why are they using these instead of HID and LED?

this is the technology that everyone should be looking at. It will be downsized for home use

Sulphur Plasma - The End of HIDs?

give me your thoughts friends:thanks:

It may replace HID but man it looks A little dangerous if it broke, I mean spinning plasma in a glass ball at 600rpm sounds a little scarey.

Also this does "claim" to provide a more complete spectrum of a HID but not an exact spectrum like LED. Basiclly still uses tons of electric plus STILL produces 80% - 90% wasted spectrums. they comapre thier 700w unit to a 1000w HID.

sun-graph.jpg

Plus its at least 1500. to a 1000w HID, for what? bad deal..

seems to me they stoped all moving part in gen 4. no spinning bulb .You still need to grow watt for watt with any light this one covers it all with less heat and a 10 year life span.

A 1000w HID puts out 150,000 Lumens this puts out 600,000 with the same wattage its 4 time the light for your money.just like everyone else. we are waiting on the tech to catch up.Just remember all HID like this started in large commercial app. before finding there way to private grow rooms.

I've often used a plasma cutter... cuts steel like butter... and boy is it bright. Plasma is serious business... can't wait to read more on this. I just briefed it, but it looks like they are using a small amount of vaporized sulfur to "color" the bulb. They should be able to use variant amounts of other metals to produce more specific spectrum's.

Plasma bulbs.... lightnin in a bottle

Looks to me that will be the future of HID as we see it. HID will morph into plasma, any spectrum they want buy adding a metal.The Lumens and light penetration are crazy.atm no other Tech can keep up with it.They are getting close to the sun spectrum with less heat.

Well it just seem to me everyone wants to see new tech just wanted to show them the direction HID is going.There is so much hype about different light heat and spectrum and watt for watt this and that.and if you think about it 1500 is not that much if you need 4-1000w HPS or 36 LED to have the same Lumens with less heat.real you save money on all ends even cooling your grow room.realy dont think you will get a third ball.Its just a new tech everyone needs to see.MeanBean maybe the light will make you go hermi lol.

Plasma used to advance LED PLASMA INTERNATIONAL - PLASMA LIGHT SYSTEMS seem they want to use the spectrum to help LED advance.The lights will help other tech to catch up to the spectrums they need to grow better plants.they still wont have the lumen output but if you have the right spectrum you want need it.seems its a win for the growers woot

awesome find viper, 600K lumens is insane. and hey who wouldnt want a third ball... just kidding, its not a nuclear reactor. i would love to get my hands on one of those lights.

Well it just seem to me everyone wants to see new tech just wanted to show them the direction HID is going.There is so much hype about different light heat and spectrum and watt for watt this and that.and if you think about it 1500 is not that much if you need 4-1000w HPS or 36 LED to have the same Lumens with less heat.real you save money on all ends even cooling your grow room.realy dont think you will get a third ball.Its just a new tech everyone needs to see.MeanBean maybe the light will make you go hermi lol.

If i need 4 1000w hps I would just buy them for 179$ canadian per ballast and 50$ for a sylvania so 900$ vs 1500 and the ballasts I was refering to have 5 year warranty I have always foudn that most items will last for about 50% longer then there warranty before needing any repairs or dying outright so over 5 years of growing I think the turn around on profit from the 900 vs 1500 will actually show a much higher gain for initial investment . Personally I use a switchable 1000w hps/mh that I picked up for $140 with 5 year warranty so to me thats all Ill ever need dont really plan on growing pot plants the size of california redwoods although the colas would be just fantastic :Rasta:

If i need 4 1000w hps I would just buy them for 179$ canadian per ballast and 50$ for a sylvania so 900$ vs 1500 and the ballasts I was refering to have 5 year warranty I have always foudn that most items will last for about 50% longer then there warranty before needing any repairs or dying outright so over 5 years of growing I think the turn around on profit from the 900 vs 1500 will actually show a much higher gain for initial investment . Personally I use a switchable 1000w hps/mh that I picked up for $140 with 5 year warranty so to me thats all Ill ever need dont really plan on growing pot plants the size of california redwoods although the colas would be just fantastic :Rasta:

Cateros,
personally We love to grow redwoods. Treehuggers at heart...some people just dont have an imagination or a green thumb...luckily we have both...welcome to WonkaLand.
Armegeddon_11_22_1.jpg

You can buy whatever bulbs you like but I could send a Monster 1K MH bulb along with the ballasts 4 free.

I personally guarantee that everything works as advertised.

I wanna head into LCDs but am low on bucks and my current grow won't be ready 'till late Jan or Feb.

It sux worse that the oil patch has dried up and my $500 days have gone away.

As FreeWheelin' Franklin said . . . "Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope"

And Fat Freddies cat better not be caught using my boot as a litter box 'cause I'll sic one or both of my dogs on his sorry ass!

Empty threat as my dogs sleep with our cats.

I'm pretty sure if I jumped up and down and threatened the dogs with loss of Milk Bones they might eat a cat or two. I could spice their kibble with with hash to get their munchies up to cat eating levels but that seems like a waste of good hash and I do like our cats as they take care of the rodents around here. Except for Sammy the squirrel and it's so entertaining watching him piss off the cats and Blue Jays.

Load up the bird feeder, smoke a bowl and watch the critters fight it out. Way better than "Who's your favorite loser!? on TV"

Sammy always wins but the interactions are great fun. Nothing like a pissed off Blue Jay to get some wild conversation in the back yard!

Livin' in the country is a mighty fine life,
We all get together on a Saturday night ...
Whoopin' and a hollerin' is the way to go,
We're gonna turn the boys loose now . . .
Here they go . . . . (Goose Creek Symphony)

You all have fun any way you choose.

Every day is a new opportunity to bring joy to our jaded planet.

Screw Starbux, sip back your morning coffee sitting on your back porch scratching your dogs ass while sucking back a bowl of your best.

+++++++reps for your Karma. And Starbuxs can go down the tubes as they are primed to do already.

Bunch of posers and I'm sure glad that I don't have to put up with that crap. If I had my old Bonny under my balls I'd be ripping up the Sea-Sky highway and getting my morning brew in Squamish while rigging my home made fly rod for the morning's run of Steelhead.

The Bonny died in '83, I didn't and my fly-rod catches big fat pike to this day.

The flies that get those pike are tied right here by yours truly using local fur and feathers. I get the fur from muskrats that I kill in my dugout and the feathers from Magpies and Ravens that I kill in my woods.

When I skin out a critter for the fur or feathers the carcass goes to the dogs. My Red Siberian Husky bitch makes short work of anything edible that lands in her area of operations. We got her from the SPCA but she has to be chained up as she's dumb as a post and would be dead on the highway by morning if she were let loose. My other dog already got his ass smoked on the highway and was about to get a lead sleeping pill about four years ago. He's still running around loose and knows not to run on the pavement. Keeps the crack heads away no problem and I saved a buck for the bullet!

I'll never let an animal suffer needlessly but I'll be damned if I'll give a vet $500 to put an animal down when a lead sleeping pill cost me a buck.

I'm lucky that all my dogs have died from natural causes or bit it on the road. The last guy was on the road for the lead sleeping pill but his eyes told me that he would suffer the pain until he healed and three years later he's a happy, healthy dog that I chase around the back 40 for fun.

He likes canna butter cookies too so what's not to love?

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom