20240505_163113.jpg

21 more days until these Gals get any love. They don't look good, but they do look a wee bit better every day.

20240505_163054.jpg

This was yesterday for the RV1 clones, so Day 18. They are vigorous now. I'm going to have to top them as they are very tall and eccelerating. I like 6 nodes for 12 branches on clones but I don't know if I can afford the height with these Gals.

20240505_163034.jpg

20240505_163031.jpg

20240505_163021.jpg

Even the smalles one here is catching up. These Gals really like the aero cloning process. Just so you all know, I never added myco to 2 of these. I used a mix that was 62.5% used soil that was not recooked and let the indigenous mycos from my last Durban grow run the show. I'm not going to tell which 2, but I will say this, You can't tell at all. All growth rates and color is equal. The only hint is the one that pushed root tips out the bottom a few days ago wasn't myco'd. I haven't checked the others for root tips since as life is still really busy. This is 1 day after their 1st fish watering.

I came across an article on my google news feed of all places today that had a great description of leaf mold. The article itself wasn't really that good but the summary description of what leaf mold is was spot on. Here is the description.

"Benefits of Leaf Mold
Leaf mold is a great soil amendment. It is essentially a soil conditioner that increases the water retention of soils. Leaf mold also improves soil structure and provides a fantastic habitat for soil life, including earthworms and beneficial bacteria.

However, it doesn't provide much in the way of nutrition, so you will still need to add compost or other organic fertilizers to increase fertility"
Thanks, Gee. If it doesn't add much in the way of nutrition, and compost increases water retention and improves soil structure as well, seems like I can skip the LM since I already use compost.

In fact, some of my leaves go through both my compost and my worm bin so I suppose I'm already getting the mineral input in those outputs anyway. Hmmmm. 🤔

21 more days until these Gals get any love. They don't look good, but they do look a wee bit better every day.
This is an interesting experiment. It's kind of like what I used to do with the space in my veg box that I call "Limbo Land." Basically it's for clones I don't really need at the moment so I keep them in low light, low water, no nutes, etc.

I don't use that much any more since my clone game improved but I used to suck really bad at cloning and never knew if I'd be able to root cuttings when I needed them so I kept spares around to uppot as needed.

I know your's is more about using seedlings but I wonder if any of the tough love benefits clones as well. 🤔

This is an interesting experiment. It's kind of like what I used to do with the space in my veg box that I call "Limbo Land." Basically it's for clones I don't really need at the moment so I keep them in low light, low water, no nutes, etc.

I don't use that much any more since my clone game improved but I used to suck really bad at cloning and never knew if I'd be able to root cuttings when I needed them so I kept spares around to uppot as needed.

I know your's is more about using seedlings but I wonder if any of the tough love benefits clones as well. 🤔
I can't say that I can believe seed programming is a thing, but you all saw the disaster I imposed on my current grow with the mis-calciumed soil they were started in, and right about day 60 I dug them up, washed the roots, and replanted in soil that was complete and balanced, but mild, and the plants immediately exploded and haven't looked back, so there are indicators there if you want to believe.

I fluked my way into the parameters of what seed programming requires.

So I figured why not try it with programmed clone cuts and give them a 2nd "programming".

I have the aero clones to compare. If the tortured soil clones can out do the aero clones, maybe it is a thing. 3 more weeks😊.

Thanks, Gee. If it doesn't add much in the way of nutrition, and compost increases water retention and improves soil structure as well, seems like I can skip the LM since I already use compost.

In fact, some of my leaves go through both my compost and my worm bin so I suppose I'm already getting the mineral input in those outputs anyway. Hmmmm. 🤔
I wouldn't skip it, it rocks. I would just dial it back and treat it like biochar. 5-10%. It is hands down the best humate. It has colloidal properties only nature can create. Just make sure it's 2 years old before you pass judgement on it. It's the extra water that is giving you grief in later flower.

Yeah but I would never hold that against you🤣.

No , seriously, sub irrigation intrigues me but I don't have the time to tinker with it. Good soil and the right size reservoir to the right sized pot and moisture content will work itself out.

So when you get it perfected, put it's plan in the same envelope as all the magic potion recipes and mail it to me.... jus sayin....🤣👊

TMSC - Day 36 of Flower.
20240507_133302.jpg

20240507_133243.jpg

Well that didn't take long. You miss 1 top dressing and 6 days later there it is. RV1 has tons of leaves so I should be able to stop it. It's a great test for the Gaia mix. I topdressed every one with 1/3 cup Gaia Power Bloom and 1 cup of EWC.

20240507_133441.jpg

RV1.

20240507_133430.jpg

Iklwa.

20240507_133435.jpg

The 3 mutant tops. The back 2 have twisted away.
20240507_133328.jpg

20240507_133321.jpg

The mutant is slowly fizzling out. Tips are yellowing and a few pistils have browned. It's day 1 of week 6 so I can get them there. I have been holding off on a tea but it's time.

TMSC - Day 36 of Flower.
20240507_133302.jpg

20240507_133243.jpg

Well that didn't take long. You miss 1 top dressing and 6 days later there it is. RV1 has tons of leaves so I should be able to stop it. It's a great test for the Gaia mix. I topdressed every one with 1/3 cup Gaia Power Bloom and 1 cup of EWC.

20240507_133441.jpg

RV1.

20240507_133430.jpg

Iklwa.

20240507_133435.jpg

The 3 mutant tops. The back 2 have twisted away.
20240507_133328.jpg

20240507_133321.jpg

The mutant is slowly fizzling out. Tips are yellowing and a few pistils have browned. It's day 1 of week 6 so I can get them there. I have been holding off on a tea but it's time.
Looking good G, appreciate the updates, especially the mutants

RVDV - Day 19 in soil.
20240507_133537.jpg

These Gals are in Gaia soil but I used The Rev's calcium amendment levels (3 cups per 20 gallons of soil) and doubled the Gaia recommended dose from 3 tbsp/gal to 6 tbsp/gal of mix and in a mix that is 62.5% used soil, and on Day 19 in soil since being plantsed from bare root the one I just plucked a leaf off of and brix tested came in at 13.5 brix and a good fuzzy calcium line. They are high brix already. Boo Yeah! Now to see if it holds.
@Azimuth you got your ears on?

20240507_133530.jpg

The one I tested was actually the 2nd best looking one but they all look equally healthy so I didn't pluck any more leaves. The leaf I tested was upper bottom/lower mid level, so the brix will be higher up top. The weather is stormy and volatile too so that pushes brix down at least a point, usually 2.

20240507_133528.jpg

I'm going to have to top them pretty soon, they are growing upwards really quickly. I want to flower them so bad but I have no room and I'm not going to cull RV1 so for now that is what it is.

20240507_133524.jpg

They are very branchy.

20240507_133559.jpg

And the stigmas are really long🥰😍❤️. She's a ripe vixen this one.

20240507_133513.jpg

The tortured souls are hanging in there quite well considering. Day 40 of 60 of their torture sentencing.

These Gals are in Gaia soil but I used The Rev's calcium amendment levels (3 cups per 20 gallons of soil) and doubled the Gaia recommended dose from 3 tbsp/gal to 6 tbsp/gal of mix and in a mix that is 62.5% used soil, and on Day 19 in soil since being plantsed from bare root the one I just plucked a leaf off of and brix tested came in at 13.5 brix and a good fuzxy calcium line. They are high brix already. Boo Yeah! Now to see if it holds.
@Azimuth you got your ears on?
Nice! I think I'll test the seedling plant I'm about to flip. Very healthy looking but I'm interested to see what the number is (ish hopefully :cheesygrinsmiley:)

BTW, what do you and @Keffka consider mature enough to flip? I don't have a lot of at bats with seeds and honestly never really paid a ton of attention but this one is grinding my gears.

I typically wait for the nodes to alternate to indicate maturity but this one still has opposite nodes (at like 7 or 8) on the main 4 branches, but the side branches off the mains went alternating a week or so ago. This is day 66ish.

I'm pretty much out of room and it just caught in the SIP so it will soon be out of control and I'll have to flip it anyway, but I'm curious on your takes.

BTW, what do you and @Keffka consider mature enough to flip? I don't have a lot of at bats with seeds and honestly never really paid a ton of attention but this one is grinding my gears.
I wait until I see stigmas. Usually day 48-60 but I grew a CBD hemp a long time ago called Candida CD-1 and it took 73 days to pop stigmas.
I typically wait for the nodes to alternate to indicate maturity but this one still has opposite nodes (at like 7 or 8) on the main 4 branches, but the side branches off the mains went alternating a week or so ago. This is day 66ish.

I'm pretty much out of room and it just caught in the SIP so it will soon be out of control and I'll have to flip it anyway, but I'm curious on your takes.
I would top it but I get it if you want her natural. Is the seed feminized?

Back
Top Bottom