The Great Tennessee Pot Cave: Pics & Video

No, it wouldn't not at all, and normally power companies, don't even care if you're suing a lot of power, as long as you keep paying your bill on time. I've seen journals where people grow 12,000 watts in just lights, in a residential area, and they didn't have any trouble, because they kept paying their bill on time. The power company in general don;t give a fuck, if you pay your bill. because more watts=more money.

well the problem is that pot is just to easy to grow thats why thay call it weed. if thay leglise it then they still wouldnt make any money

the only way for it to make money is if there is a risk factor, if your willing to take the risk then the reward is great but the cost of getting cought is even greater, it is the money we make off the proabition that keeps the industry thriving. there are the people that dont have the nerve to take the risk so those that do get the most reward.

i live in an area like that....wonder what my neighbors are up to?....wonder if they're wonderin what im up to?...geez that's freaking me out. a house like that is a beautiful set up just needs a lil tweeking to be perfect.

Y can't the MAN just leave well enough alone so what they busted one of us there's still millions more out there they need to just legalize pot already cuz bustin us ain't gna put a stop to the cultivation. Its just going to inspire us to come up with more clever ways to get away with it

How did it get discovered again? I think that'll be what i do if i ever decide to build a house. Ima get a couple acres of untouched land and go rent a dozer with a scoop on the back and start digging. How much does it cost to rent a digger for a week? I bet i could build a house if i could get a couple hundred thousand dollar loan. I'd make a profit on it.

I think many here are confused.
First of all I don’t think that the masterminds didn’t plan for an electrical spike. Some one knew something, told someone, someone got mad and spread the word, etc.
Second, if you were trying to hide a mass amount of electrical consumption, sticking a wind farm or giant solar grid in your yard doesn’t really spell "hidden".
Electric companies own the power meter. There is no "trespassing" when it comes to meter reads. The mistake would have been placing it in a location that they didn’t want the man; Where again, they couldn’t have overlooked in the creation. If the meter reader did in fact hop the fence it was not to read the meter! ;)

Personal opinion: the waste heat produced from the lighting alone could have been harnessed and reconverted back into useable power. The bio mass that the cannabis produced could have also been converted into usable electricity, as well as the water consumption/use which too could have been useful in the creation of renewable electricity. I have to believe that the electricity was not the down fall!!!

Lastly: The authorities have no interest in teaching there tactics any more than the growers. Don’t expect to ever know the real reason behind the bust....Common' the electricity?

Be a thinker!

These photos were more than likely taken after the system was shut down....

How long does it take a plant to look like shit when everything is turned off....

:goodjob:

Well, if you can grow a plant in there to get a qp harvest, and you flower 80 plant batches, thats 20 lbs of smokables/sellables every 3 months. Thats 80 a year at 5 grand a pound thats 400,000. You know how the doj likes to blow its numbers out of proportion tho.

:ganjamon::ganjamon:
...Everything for a secret marijuana cave....

THE GREAT TENNESSEE DRUG BUST

In December 2005, Fred Strunk, Brian Gibson, and Greg Compton were arrested for their part in constructing and operating a secret marijuana farm in a cave under their house.

Their pot farm was located on Dixon Springs Road in eastern Trousdale County, Tennessee. This area is about 40 miles northeast of Nashville.

Trousdale County is not exactly a well-known center for criminal activity. Located in the hills of rural northern Tennessee, Trousdale is the smallest county in the state.

This story seemed like an episode straight out of the Dukes of Hazzard - three super-smart rogues trying to outwit the hick country sheriff! However, this time it was the police who came away the winner.

What the police discovered was nothing short of amazing. Operating on reports of suspicious activity, they raided a beautiful A-frame home built in the middle of nowhere. From the outside, the pot house looked like a beautiful vacation home out in the woods, but investigators quickly realized the exterior served as a prop designed to conceal the amazing pot farm below. There was a lot more going on in that house than met the eye.

In an underground cavern located beneath the stylish A-frame home, the police found a sophisticated operation which grew as much as "100 pounds of marijuana every eight weeks". This secret high-tech underground cave seemed more likely to be part of a Hollywood drug movie too crazy to believe, except that in this case it was real.

It is reported that they earned $6.8 million a year in sales of the marijuana.
The growers got caught because the electric company noticed too much electricity was going to the house. Unfortunately, these people were caught and prosecuted and they seemed to "disappear" from the face of the earth.
-------------
AND NOW THE PHOTOS:

Image14.jpg

Image24.jpg

Image42.jpg

Image51.jpg

Image161.jpg

Image6.jpg

Imag3.jpg

Image10.jpg

Image131.jpg

Back