The Great Tennessee Pot Cave: Pics & Video

I have to agree completely with that arguement
Ill agree as empirically before I had my mmj licene it was costing me $30 1/8 for bud I would desribe as better then decent but not quite dank. Once i had my licence my costs Droped to $8.68 /oz and now all I smoke is dank like Jack herer ,himalayan gold,super silver haze and white widow. So if pot ever is legalized there is gonna be restrictions still like the size of your grow area and maximum watts you can use for those who want to grow there own but there will still be a market for commercialy grown pot which will be sold in stores much like liquor stores and will offer top not conniseur grade bud.

can any1 tell me if it is safe 4 the plants to leave a hps on 24/0 or shud i be turning it down to 18/6 ? any info would be gr8 thanx.

Generally hps is used for flowering but if you are veging under it you could run it 24/0 but you will burn out your bulb way faster, also if vegging under a hps I suggest you get a eye hortilux hps or an Artemis LU1000w/p ,output is 145000 Lumens and produces 28% more blue ,Violet ,and orange light then a standard hps so should be decent for vegging but if you can afford to even pick up a couple of 100w metal halide ballasts the extra blue spectrum will shorten your internodes considerably.

This is a dream come true! I've always imagined something like this, and I'm stoked that someone pulled it off (for a while at least). Can you imagine all of the contractors, electricians, etc that were in on this? That is a huge operation. I saw something somewhat impressive in a documentary "The Union". There were 20 shipping containers buried underground 10x10. I'm not going to tell you anymore. Check it out. YouTube - Underground grow op

It's funny reading everyone's speculations into how these guys got busted. It was this, it was that, coulda, shoulda, woulda. The bottom line is they got busted. These people were obviously growing with just the intent for profit. When you become so tied up in the lust for money, bad things are bound to happen. Money can make your best friend or even worse, a loved one, turn against you.

I feel bad for the families of these genius's. It would be great if marijuana was legalized in the next 10 years, as I would think they would have to let everyone w/ marijuana offenses out of jail(it would be nice if there was some sort of reparation for all who have had marijuana convictions on their record). Can you imagine all of the phenomanol growers who have been busted over the last 30-40 years who would be able to apply their knowledge in the present day?:goodluck::bongrip:

Actually as far as prisoners serving time over a crime which has since been removed from the criminal statutes the inmate is still required to complete his sentence because at the time of the conviction they still had broken a law with penalties outlined by the federal govt. I do believe however there is a provision that would guarantee them parole as soon as they are elegible. Oh and in the union it wasnt 10 x 10 shipping containers it was 20 10'x 20' train cars for a total 4000 sq' of floor space.

carpenters always drink too much & always talk about what cool place their working on that they cannot afford. IMHO

I just read this whole thread, and I only saw slight mention of how they got caught. When this happened there were lots of news stories, and you can prolly still get it on the web. But here are the things I remember:

They got caught because of the electricity. They had already asked the power company to increase their drop as much as possible. When they decided to expand, they started stealing the electricity from the main line. The electric company noticed the loss between stations and investigated. They were not looking for this house in particular, just checking for a downed line or some other problem.

When they came to this house to check the meter, they noticed that the house was empty but drawing huge amounts of power. The bonehead growers hadn't even bothered to furnish the main rooms of the house. Supposedly, also, at some point one of the electric guys was chased away by a guy with a gun - not too bright either.

As far as building and harvesting. There were quite a few reports of illegal aliens being used for the labor, and some stories made it pretty clear that at least one or two were killed to keep the secret.

These were not good people.

Helluva setup. But its really only unique because Mother Nature provided the cave. Any commercial grow is as well done and cool looking.

:peacetwo:

After really looking at the pics of this grow op and then the pics of there plants that looked like they were close to finish I have to say they werent to impressive they look kinda scraggly and thin. To tell the truth there are pics of legal grows on this site from our members and there plants in some pics are 2 or 3 times the size. I really would love to see what one of our more experienced master growers from this site could produce in a setup like this. To me this looked like these guys just found an easy to grow comercial strain and were just pumping out pounds of bud that looks and tastes better then mexican schwag but is only slight more potent its only real appeal being it appears better and tastes better.

I was wrong.... they got busted. I was saying dudes my hero but he got caught.... the setup is my dream though. I'd much rather be doing it legally on that kinda scale though.

After really looking at the pics of this grow op and then the pics of there plants that looked like they were close to finish I have to say they werent to impressive they look kinda scraggly and thin. To tell the truth there are pics of legal grows on this site from our members and there plants in some pics are 2 or 3 times the size. I really would love to see what one of our more experienced master growers from this site could produce in a setup like this. To me this looked like these guys just found an easy to grow comercial strain and were just pumping out pounds of bud that looks and tastes better then mexican schwag but is only slight more potent its only real appeal being it appears better and tastes better.

Thats what we call BC bud here in the states. No offense to the real deal growers in BC, but we get this stuff here thats mass produced, looks decent, smells ok (aside from the moldy smell) and is around $250-300 an oz, roughly $750-1000 for a QP, more than reg, less than the dank essentially landing in the mids department. Its decent but its no where near anything thats grown on this site.

As far as the main op that this thread was started on, as everyone said....greed got the best of these guys. I would imagine some of the larger cartels funded this or had something to do with it. The cartels fuck everything up for halfway decent illegal growers that are doing what they have to in order to get by. The economy in this country is making normal people do very irrational, not normal things not to fund drug habits or whatever (theres plenty of those around as well but they dont grow weed, they need money now) but its just bad out there right now. The news keeps reporting that "YES....YES YES YES Connie for the second straight month unemployment is down, the government is doing what they said, jobs are up, unemployment down".... bullshit, people are running out of unemployment, thats the only reason its down in numbers. In the next 6 months, mark my words about crime rates in the US, of course it will get blamed on cartels and this and that, but it will be decent americans forced to do indecent things to feed their kids.....No bullshit I am almost at that point myself. My old man and myself own a plumbing company, as of today its exactly 2 weeks from the last time I had a job come in for $660.00, in 2 weeks a company, not a regular joe getting a paycheck.....a plumbing company took in $660, and paid out thousands for the month.

Its getting worse and worse for guys like myself. My whole family has gone from a decent sized 2500 sq foot home on a 1.5 acre cul de sac lot, to a 1000 or less sq foot apartment in a commercial area....... its getting worse. Watch how insane people go this summer, we are going to see armageddon this year, not because of god or whatever, I dont doubt we'll see riots and everything else you could think of. Honestly its about time we start rioting..... peacefully of course....

I know this is an old thread, but it still amazes me. They didn't seem to think everything through, and it's why they got caught. Like another person said, they probably just got too big too fast. The biggest thing to me is simply the work that went into its construction. Moving that much rock and soil, rooms, wiring, the grow set up itself, that crazy hydraulic door, and a freakin hidden escape door. Impressive.

Back
Top Bottom