The Mountain: Grow Support From The Over 50 Club

Hi Llama,

I have been trying to find real Colombia Gold seed for a while now without success. I did find a company in Canada that sang the right song and lyrics, but it turned out to be a Northern Lights hybrid called Colombia Gold, false advertising. I smoked and rolled enough Gold to know it very well, and this was not it.

May I ask where a true Colombian Gold seed might be procured? I searched several seed banks and the only "hit" was the company I would not recommend!

Thanks

JB

:Namaste:

May I ask where a true Colombian Gold seed might be procured?

Colombia? :cheesygrinsmiley:

If not there, try Cannabiogen (landraces)

I read here somewhere that the "gold" in Colombian Gold is the result of a cultural technique, whereby the growers girdle the plants a couple weeks before harvest, causing the plants to turn a golden color, but I wouldn't know for sure, never having been south of the border.

I would not know where to buy the original seeds. I had a couple of these beans given to me from some a weed breeder in Arizona. He told me these were land race Colombian. I hope it's a female! I grew it once before to breed to the Malawi Gold and ended up with 1 female. It was so heavy with seeds there was nothng really left to smoke so I made it into hash. I have a ton of Malawi Gold (land race) Crossed with the Colombian Gold (land race) I call it Fools Gold and have a lot of those. The CG I have growing now is strictly for smoke if it's a female.

Now, about the old school strains. I hear a lot of reminiscing about these old classics but a stoners memories are short! When I was buying weed in the 70's we smoked what we could buy. There was 'Good' weed and there was dirt weed. Good weed got you high and was full of seeds. Dirt weed was full of seeds and didn't get you high! We would hear that this was such and such strain but we never even really saw Colombian Gold, or Panama Red real Maui Wowie or even Thai stick until the 80's. It was then that we started seeing the sensimilla and named strains on a regular basis and prices began to increase dramatically. The quality of the weed improved dramatically then. With the advent of mmj breeders have improved the quality of weed so much that I personally believe that the quality of weed grown by an experienced weed farmer is as good and many are a lot better than those classic strains. MHO only.

Just stumbled by. Great thread! I had the same experience as Llama. I "heard" about purple sinsemilla in 78/79 and didn't see real buds until 1981 at college. Skunk was $10/gm. Everything before that was dried shake with seeds. I can't remember how many times we ruined shirts with popping seeds burning holes. I haven't had a seed in anything for years. I actually wish I'd get a seed in some good weed now that I can grow.

I can advise getting Colombian Punto Rojo from Cannabiogen which is inbred line of phenos from Santa Marta and center of Colombia. There will be at least three phenos there including classic one with puffy buds and slender leaves. I got the wide leaf pheno which looks nothing like typical Colombian sativa, but for sure is interesting. Plant turned purple by the end of flowering, she's had very heavy and resinous buds, and smell is lemoney/grape/mandarine with a touch of piss and spice. She's drying now.

0052108.jpg
0071746.jpg
0111142.jpg
0101303.jpg
021470.jpg
024354.jpg
016721.jpg

:tokin:

Very nice baby girl ya got hanging there. Congrats on your harvest conradino23.

If anybody would like to swap seeds send me a PM.

Beautiful plants, Conradino. So well camouflaged, too. I wish I had such a good place to grow.

I have a buddy in Chicago who has a film canister (remember those?) half full of big, spotted Colombian seeds from the '70s. If only we knew then how valuable such seeds would be today. I wonder what their germination rate would be? Regardless, I don't have the long finishing time needed for such a strain.

Best luck with your seed search, Llama.

When oz`s were full of seeds, think we all had bottles full. Do not think that I ever found plants when I went back and checked out areas where I scattered them. I`m with ya too, wishing I had kept some for future use.

I've pollinated this lady lightly with my Ultra Dog male, so I could keep genetics and do a test run next year. I've had a sample bud curing for more than a week, I'll drop you some smoke report for sure cause I'm curious myself about this one. She was ready by the end of September which is quite spectacular for a landrace sativa.

By the way, did you see my Mexican lady?

025352.jpg
035194.jpg
029278.jpg
028302.jpg
032222.jpg
034200.jpg
030246.jpg

:thumb:

Con23,
Damn you and your big ol` outdoor ladies. They sure as hell look great, you gonna have a mighty fine harvest ahead. A landrace sativa that is finished by the end of September ? Wow, great. Congrats, bro.

Colombia? :cheesygrinsmiley:

If not there, try Cannabiogen (landraces)

I read here somewhere that the "gold" in Colombian Gold is the result of a cultural technique, whereby the growers girdle the plants a couple weeks before harvest, causing the plants to turn a golden color, but I wouldn't know for sure, never having been south of the border.

Thanks @SparkNShred, I'll give them a look and call.

JB

JBUptown,
I think you'll have to go to Herbie's to get Cannabiogen seeds, until Mandala's shop opens back up.
Also, click on Conradino's Landrace Sativa thread, in his signature. He has links to some other sources for this sort of seeds. It's also a GREAT read, and will take you back to the old days.

Con23,
Damn you and your big ol` outdoor ladies. They sure as hell look great, you gonna have a mighty fine harvest ahead. A landrace sativa that is finished by the end of September ? Wow, great. Congrats, bro.

Hey yooper! She's not sa tall really, around 6 feet maybe. I started her late cause I didn't want her very big, but I could've done better. I've grown another pheno of this strain before. It's also from Canabiogen, and is called Jarilla de Sinaloa cause that's where it comes from. The bud that I got from this plant is not very potent but pheno was very weak. Still great clear-headed kick and no comedown. With that one I expdct to have some more potency going. I love the structure, very dense. That's the old one.

0052059.jpg
013917.jpg
015755.jpg
0111107.jpg
0101275.jpg
016701.jpg
017629.jpg

:tokin:

I like, I like. Nice pictures. Sure looks good, like it had tender, loving care.

Back
Top Bottom