The Noatec: Long Time Toker - First Time Grow.

2 fun things from the weekend. Had to get on the roof to take down the christmas lights. I could smell that smell from within 4 feet of the chimney exaust stack. Then yesterday I was playing frisbee with my kids in the front yard and could smell when I got within 3 feet of the house.

Whoa.

Neighbors? That's one of the ways I hear people get "turned in". Perhaps some odor control for your next round?

Any way you can take a couple of pics before lights on, or lights out? It would really help to see the true color you've got going on without the "wash out" of your grow light. Even florescent light, or the camera flash will suffice.

Must be getting excited? I know the feeling. ;-)

Nice job Noatec!
SF

I really underestimated the odor. I'll set my alarm and snap some right after the lights go off. The flash won't jack their cycle will it?
Thanks SF

I really underestimated the odor.

Most of us do, I'm sure. I had to run and buy a can filter setup. But they smell so good!

The flash won't jack their cycle will it?
Thanks SF

Those girls will love their pictures taken, ;-)

No prob with the flash!

SF

Tell me about this can setup?

Pictures speak better than words sometimes.

MJ_535_1.jpg

CanFilter 33
CanFan 6 Inch (440cfm)

You can basically place this anywhere. The ONLY drawback is that the fan is pretty "loud", constant humming sound. Mine is in the basement so not too easily heard upstairs, but you know the fan is on. You may be able to get away with a smaller fan and filter. I just roughed mine based on room size.

SF

cool, what goes in it?

Actually nothing. The carbon filter is on the bottom, the fan is placed in the carbon filter and it sucks the air through the outer pre-filter, then through the large carbon filter, and the air is pushed out from the outlet on the top of the fan, so all clean air is returned in your room.

That's it, you now have an "air-scrubber" that removes the odor.

SF

No problem.

I actually thought a little more about what you said, when you mentioned what goes in it? The fan can also be used with ducting, so you could run a vent from the outlet to another location in your house. I'm just using mine as a "portable" air-scrubber, I didn't really need to vent it to another room. You could also combine this setup with a Vented hood for a lighting fixture, to cool your light, etc.

Many uses for the fan, this was just one application that I thought would be easy and quick for your smell, ;-)

Talk soon man.
SF

Hey guys,
Really looking for some insight here. They look ready to change to water if not come down.
Stink / OBX / PIT / MaineGrown !!!!!! Where you all at?
Here's some pics I took before the lights came on at 4:angel:
All of the upper and middle buds look like this.
IMG_4944_30.jpg

IMG_4943_30.jpg

IMG_4942_30.jpg

IMG_4940_25.jpg

IMG_4936_30.jpg

IMG_4935_25.jpg

IMG_4934_30.jpg

Lower Buds look "Undone":
IMG_4941_25.jpg

IMG_4939_30.jpg

Here's the wishbone mishap:
IMG_4938_30.jpg

Hey Noa.

The green on the plants looks fantastic! Honestly, here's where my experience is lacking. Determining ripeness. The pics here with the lights off helps quite a bit.

But from what I can observe, looks like the color of the buds are done. The density is a little "underweight", how much light were you using? I would agree with you that the lower buds are a little premature. The pics of the leaves, starting to turn yellow looks like this could be done. (You might be able to harvest the upper half and let the lower buds mature a little more, again a little advanced based on my knowledge)

Have you started your flush? Hopefully another couple of guys will pick up on your thread to give you opinions/suggestions!

Watching man!
SF

IMO....the plant isnt done yet....has mag defin and I think thts hurting them finishing out.......you could cut the more mature branches and see if it finishes out another 7-10 days

I changed the rez out to water only last night in case I needed to take some stalks down after a flush. Should I let it flush for 7 days or how long? How do I get the mag up? CalMAg+ ?
Thanks Guys for all your helpful feedback.

The water here is pretty hard, over 200 ppm for sure. I've read this causes Mg lockout.
Plan: Get epsom salt in the am and treat with 1/4 tsp per gallon.
Thoughts?

Here's an update if anyone is looking.
I gave 3 tsp of epsom salts which equaled 1/4 tsp per gallon.
The plants have started to grow again, even under water only.
Based on my observation the pistols began to look less amber.
As if they are no longer nutrient blocked.
I still have lower buds with white pistols.

Based on these observations this is the plan:
I'll be taking a branch or two of the "mostly done"
so it can be mostly dried for my trip out of town next weekend.
Then put them back on flower nutes for a week or 2 having fixed the mag def.
Rinse again for a week and then take a full harvest.

Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom