The Return of the Tokist - 1000W HPS Soil GH Lucas - Afghan Kush

Killer buds Tokist, them pistils are looking sweet! Great color in the leaves! Nice video, man haven't listened to Twiztid or any of them crazy juggalos for quite some time, brings back some crazy great memories :thanks: CA

thanks bro! like i've said before, i have no previous grows that've gone this far, so i really have nothing to compare this to. as far as i'm concerned, this is the standard. i've tried to find afghan kush grows that are at the same stage mine are in and under similar conditions, but it's tough. most of the youtube vids i've seen are people with hella expensive setups and ridiculous nute regimens.

it's good to hear from someone else that things are lookin good though. sometimes i think my girls are behind a bit....

glad you dig the music! i used to listen to that song on repeat while i perused these forums several years back. before i even had an account. i'll try to keep the playlist for future videos along the same theme. requests are welcome!

never was a full-on juggalo, but i really dug their music back in the day. still do!

and if there's something i'm not getting in the videos that you wanna see, let me know!

thanks bro! like i've said before, i have no previous grows that've gone this far, so i really have nothing to compare this to. as far as i'm concerned, this is the standard. i've tried to find afghan kush grows that are at the same stage mine are in and under similar conditions, but it's tough. most of the youtube vids i've seen are people with hella expensive setups and ridiculous nute regimens.

it's good to hear from someone else that things are lookin good though. sometimes i think my girls are behind a bit....

glad you dig the music! i used to listen to that song on repeat while i perused these forums several years back. before i even had an account. i'll try to keep the playlist for future videos along the same theme. requests are welcome!

never was a full-on juggalo, but i really dug their music back in the day. still do!

and if there's something i'm not getting in the videos that you wanna see, let me know!

"MAN IM SOOOOO HIGGGGH, AND IM NEVVER EVVER COMING BACK DOOOOWWNN" that was stuck in my head all day yesterday,LOL Thanks :laugh:

The girls look on track to morph into some fat nugs, love watching this process un-fold :Namaste: & i totally agree, I've tried to do research with youtube and every now and then will you find a grower using minimal products, I actually have a couple good Subscriptions, if you would like I can PM you the links and you can give them a look for yourself :bong: & on the juggalo, neither was I, I listened to alot of crazy music, ICP, twiztid, kmk, brotha lynch hung, so many more I don't even remember.. Only suggestion I got at the moment is, keep adding in tracks like the one you added on the video above, & possibly try to pan down to the bottom of your plants, would like to see all the bottom growth as I only caught a small glimps at 3:35. How tall are your girls? They are skyin'!!!! :peace:

"MAN IM SOOOOO HIGGGGH, AND IM NEVVER EVVER COMING BACK DOOOOWWNN" that was stuck in my head all day yesterday,LOL Thanks :laugh:

The girls look on track to morph into some fat nugs, love watching this process un-fold :Namaste: & i totally agree, I've tried to do research with youtube and every now and then will you find a grower using minimal products, I actually have a couple good Subscriptions, if you would like I can PM you the links and you can give them a look for yourself :bong: & on the juggalo, neither was I, I listened to alot of crazy music, ICP, twiztid, kmk, brotha lynch hung, so many more I don't even remember.. Only suggestion I got at the moment is, keep adding in tracks like the one you added on the video above, & possibly try to pan down to the bottom of your plants, would like to see all the bottom growth as I only caught a small glimps at 3:35. How tall are your girls? They are skyin'!!!! :peace:

ha! you think YOU got it stuck in your head. my wife was ready to kill me. on top of that, i had to keep reloading the video to make sure certain things i added in took properly, so she heard the first 10 seconds repeatedly for about an hour. to make matters worse, i would medicate and watch the video over and over cuz... well, i was just so damn proud of it!

i had thought about getting the bottom of the plants but i didn't think people cared to see all that! but for sure, if that's whatcha wanna see, then by jove, that's what you're gonna get! i've got night classes all week long after work, so the next video update wont be til friday eve, most likely.

as far as how tall they are, at last check, the tallest one was 4'10 from the soil. from the floor, they're well over six feet tall. it wasn't long after that that they stopped stretching so i hadn't bothered keeping up with vertical growth.

pretty soon i reckon i'll need to add some stakes in there and prepare to start keeping them nugs from pullin the whole damn plant to the floor.

Catchy damn harmonica tone I tell ya :laugh: Hahah funny shit man. Very nice video you should be proud, stepping the game up! Would be nice to do video updates, everyone sees the big picture, but I could see how it would get time consuming on your side, & with night classes, eh! What are you using to record with Tokist? Fine quality. Good plan sir can't wait to see your progress! :thumb:

Catchy damn harmonica tone I tell ya :laugh: Hahah funny shit man. Very nice video you should be proud, stepping the game up! Would be nice to do video updates, everyone sees the big picture, but I could see how it would get time consuming on your side, & with night classes, eh! What are you using to record with Tokist? Fine quality. Good plan sir can't wait to see your progress! :thumb:

the video was made with windows movie maker. i spent about an hour doing cuts and adding the captions, music and fades.

my recording device is the same as my camera. which also happens to be the same device i used to make phone calls. it's an old samsung galaxy s2 skyrocket that's been decommissioned. i now use it solely for this project as i use another phone these days.

and now that i've watched my video about a hundred times, i see what i need to do to ensure more clarity next time and less shakiness.

to be honest, the video yesterday was almost a waste of time, because today when i got home from work, the buds were twice as thick and are starting to frost the sugar leaves rather noticeably. i'll take some more pictures tomorrow, as the entire process eats up about an hour or two of time and that's just time i cannot spare :(

i'm so glad you enjoyed the video :D the next one should be twice as better!

back to class!

the video was made with windows movie maker. i spent about an hour doing cuts and adding the captions, music and fades.

my recording device is the same as my camera. which also happens to be the same device i used to make phone calls. it's an old samsung galaxy s2 skyrocket that's been decommissioned. i now use it solely for this project as i use another phone these days.

and now that i've watched my video about a hundred times, i see what i need to do to ensure more clarity next time and less shakiness.

to be honest, the video yesterday was almost a waste of time, because today when i got home from work, the buds were twice as thick and are starting to frost the sugar leaves rather noticeably. i'll take some more pictures tomorrow, as the entire process eats up about an hour or two of time and that's just time i cannot spare :(

i'm so glad you enjoyed the video :D the next one should be twice as better!

back to class!
Shoot, it wasn't a waste brotha! Now we will get to see how much these babies have grown since the other day! I think it's a great thing :thumb: I tried recording my indoor grow once with my iPhone, uploaded through my email and it came out total crap!! I have a few other phones I may be able to dedicate solely for the grow as you are. Will try and record a bit and see how they turn out. Good idea! :bravo: Life & School, family always comes first before 420magazine, I think everyone understands :Namaste: tending and watering your girls is mixed in there as well :morenutes: Hang in there, get that studyin' done, let them girls plump up :nomo::headbanger:

Shoot, it wasn't a waste brotha! Now we will get to see how much these babies have grown since the other day! I think it's a great thing :thumb: I tried recording my indoor grow once with my iPhone, uploaded through my email and it came out total crap!! I have a few other phones I may be able to dedicate solely for the grow as you are. Will try and record a bit and see how they turn out. Good idea! :bravo: Life & School, family always comes first before 420magazine, I think everyone understands :Namaste: tending and watering your girls is mixed in there as well :morenutes: Hang in there, get that studyin' done, let them girls plump up :nomo::headbanger:

thanks for the kind words and support :D can't wait til friday! gnight for now!

nothing new to report other than the buds are filling in more each day and the crystal production keeps increasing. the following pics are of the tallest plant in the bunch at the top of the main cola.

zoomie18JUN.jpg
20130618_203729.jpg
20130618_203648.jpg

goodnight for now!

yessir, sure can. not much to really show but i'll break it down top to bottom. or bottom to top!

overall, to a top shot pan, to a bottom shot pan, with a loop pan back up to the top to finish it off.. HAH totally just pictured that from your first video :laugh: Got to love big boy bong rips in the morning :bong:

flower day 31 - 4 weeks 4 days

i'm currently in the process of uploading this weeks video to youtube, so while we wait, here's a couple shots i took last night after the lights went out and then again this morning after they came on.

got us some bloombastic at the local hydro shop this morning:

it smells like... have you ever walked into a feed store or perhaps a garden store? sometimes even the garden center at home depot or wal-mart have the same smell, just not as strong. well... it smells like that. but... like 50x more potent. subliminally, i was expecting it to be purple. probably because of the box art, but it looks more like a thick, viscous wheat grass shot from jamba juice.

the dropper wasnt able to pull any out of the bottle, as this stuff was too thick for it. i had to eyeball 10ml using the pyrex glass. the lowest ml measurement starts at 15.

i know king john wanted a tour of the grow room in the video, but i had forgotten about it til right after i started processing. so i did the next best thing and took some pics of the room in each corner.

here's the entry way:

that's the view as you walk into the room. on the floor to the right is the ballast being kept off the rug by a diaper box. leaning against the wall in the back is the T5 lighting system i used for vegging. it gave off about 40,000 lumens over a nice area. equivalent to about a 400W MH. the little plastic container with the animal shaped holes cut in it is the industrial strength air neutralizer from home depot. works great for about a week, then you gotta replace em.

here's the fan i used to keep the canopy cool. i had a fan to the left of the entryway blowing the A/C air below the canopy but it failed as of this morning. the window behind it is blocked off with contractor garbage bags and actual ducting tape (not to be confused with duct tape). regular duct tape kept peeling away and the curtain would fall on a regular basis.

and there's the last corner. that's where i used to mix up my nutes and store everything until the plants took over the room. now there's not enough space to work in the room so i do all my mixing in the living room. you can see the cheap potting soil i'm using as well as an old 150W HPS light: the one from my first grow. anyone wanna buy it? lol.

assuming i remember next time, i'll give you a proper tour in the video and maybe introduce myself a bit more.

speaking of which... the moment you've all been waiting for :D don't forget to turn the quality setting to 1080p!

day 45 - 1 month 14 days

ok, so it's been two week since the last update. i made a video last weekend but never got around to posting it what with exams coming up. this morning, before the girls woke up, i snuck in there with a white light and snapped some really good pics and got a halfway decent video out of it.

the laptop i do video editing on is booting up right now, so as soon as this pot of coffee is done brewing, i'll get on over and upload both the pics and the video. just wanted to let all two of you know that there IS an update coming, hopefully within the hour. in the meantime, would someone like to pick the next song to go in the video? you have about 20 minutes to come up with something!

ok, so here's today's photos. fresh off the press! took em maybe 40 minutes ago. havent even looked at the video yet, so i don't have an eta on that. let's say two hours.

the photos were taken in the dark with a single 26W cfl to light the canopy. some of the pics here are a tad blurry, so you'll have to forgive me. i usually cull the bad ones, but i'm being lazy this morning. i don't have much spare time, and that i'm using what little i have to do this irritates my wife, so my hands are tied ;)

the last photo is of the leaves with the brown spots. here's the story:

yesterday when pulling dead leaves off from underneath the canopy, i noticed the large fan leaves on about half the crap were turning yellow. i attributed this to not enough watering as i had been kinda slacking in that department. so i watered them right then and this morning, just about each plant had bounced back, the yellow leaves turning a pale, pale green. however, the plant in the middle had brown spots on her fan leaves. kind of doubted this was mere lack of water and nutrients so i gave my partner a quick call. he's been growing for over a decade, so i figure he can help. turns out he knows next to nothing about troubleshooting plants. he says stuff like this always crops up the last couple weeks and he just rides it out til harvest. "yellow leaves with brown spots could be a million fuckin things, man. instead of molesting your plants trying to figure out what it is, pull the leaves off and hope it doesn't spread. if it does, it won't get far enough before harvest to make a whoop."

sagely advice, no?

I'll throw in a vote for, beastie boys or cypress hill, I actually anticipate the music you bring along with the videos, so whatever this morning mood is, i'm all for it :blunt: Can't wait for an update Tok!!

just now saw this while searcing my library for music to use. i found a really old song that im pretty sure nobody's heard, but the mood it sets for the video is a bit too aggressive. but i think every stoner would get a kick out of this song, so i'll link it here and i'll figure out something more appropriate for my vid. the actual name of the song is "the quest" by the phunk junkeez. a very pro-weed rap(?) group.

[video=youtube;lKg3m5fw728]
[/video]

Back
Top Bottom