MacMota's Second Go - Poor Man Style

Mac, I'm not seeing any flowering activity. It is possible that the plants are too immature at 41 days to flower. Hang in there.

Hey, that's cool. I think last time it was almost 60 days before we saw any signs of sex. I just don't want one to be a boy and it end up getting the girl pregnant. ;)

I couldn't tell either. Will say that growing teaches patience:goodjob:
Those reflectors are cool.
Everything is looking good you Two :grinjoint:

Thanks man! I agree. Patience is not necessarily my best virtue. I'm just wanting to get these things going and have awesome buds to take pics of and put up here. :yummy:

poor man style rocks ^.^b

I agree. This has really helped me understand what I need to do for my next grow box and how I need to put it together. I just need the funds to get there. :grinjoint:

Looking good Mac. Nice and healthy.

Thank Kid. We both really appreciate your feedback. :thanks:

Hehehehehe!
420_Forum_Pics_0012.JPG

We're the proud parents of 2 girls. The Bag Seed showed signs a few days ago, I went in to look at them and was blown away by an onslaught of pistils. Looks like 2 cola sites at the top and then 6 more underneath. The MA hasn't exploded quite yet but there are a few visible pistils. The pictures below are of both with the bag seed first. That one up top is the bag seed too.

420_Forum_Pics_0022.JPG

420_Forum_Pics_0032.JPG

420_Forum_Pics_0041.JPG

Here's the MA. Like I said, not so obvious, yet. Looks like there's gonna be a dozen or more bud sites.

420_Forum_Pics_0051.JPG

420_Forum_Pics_0061.JPG

420_Forum_Pics_0071.JPG

This last one is a little out of focus (obviously, Capt Obvious!) but under there is some pistils. :Rasta:

Finally! It only took 5 months! :grinjoint:

Oh and here's a group shot:

420_Forum_Pics_008.JPG

I'm glad I used soda cans for the guards/reflectors. I'll always have a point of reference for size comparison! :ganjamon:

Thanks guys for stopping by!

Quick update. I'll get some pictures up here later today or maybe tomorrow. I have a question and some concerns.

First, if I were to trim some of the bigger sun leaves off, would that effect the growth or size of the bud sites and when should I trim them if I were to decide to do so?

Now for my concerns. I forgot to water them on Saturday and they looked really sad on Sunday morning. I did water them as soon as I realized it but now the leaves are all turned down on the edges. Is this a pH issue? Is this because I didn't water them enough when I did water them? I'll get some pictures up here as soon as possible but I'm a little worried.

Quick update. I'll get some pictures up here later today or maybe tomorrow. I have a question and some concerns.

First, if I were to trim some of the bigger sun leaves off, would that effect the growth or size of the bud sites and when should I trim them if I were to decide to do so?

Now for my concerns. I forgot to water them on Saturday and they looked really sad on Sunday morning. I did water them as soon as I realized it but now the leaves are all turned down on the edges. Is this a pH issue? Is this because I didn't water them enough when I did water them? I'll get some pictures up here as soon as possible but I'm a little worried.

Well, don't cut them yet. They are the real energy providers to the tops and bud sites. Usually they will turn yellow as the plants take all of their energy from them and then they will fall off on their own. Later as they are about to be harvested take em off if you want too. Some people do it earlier, but that doesn't make sense to me.

Probably you have holes in your plant containers. If you water until you see a small overflow coming out of those holes that should be perfect. If you don't have holes they are drowning. If you have high temps in your box they may need more watering more often.
If you use RO water the pH will adjust its self to a big degree.

:peace:

I have been watching from the start and like what I see. Nice job here man. Do you like working with the CFLS or would you recommend anything different?

I'm gonna try and get some pictures of the girls before they go to bed. I've been super busy these last off days and haven't hardly had the time to look in on them much less photograph them. I'll get some up here as soon as possible though.

The bagseed is doing great. We can see dozens of tricomes on the two main colas and the buds are fattening nicely. The MA is coming along great as well. She doesn't have a fully formed top cola, but there is major bud forms all along the stem. :cheer:

Well, don't cut them yet. They are the real energy providers to the tops and bud sites. Usually they will turn yellow as the plants take all of their energy from them and then they will fall off on their own. Later as they are about to be harvested take em off if you want too. Some people do it earlier, but that doesn't make sense to me.

Probably you have holes in your plant containers. If you water until you see a small overflow coming out of those holes that should be perfect. If you don't have holes they are drowning. If you have high temps in your box they may need more watering more often.
If you use RO water the pH will adjust its self to a big degree.

:peace:

Thanks for the advice MedMan. I'll hold off on trimming them. I don't want to do anything stupid and end up hurting them. :Rasta:

I'm looking in to getting some type of a water filtration system. We're broke so the expensive stuff is not an option but we'll figure something out. The temps in the box get into the upper 80s at most. They usually stay around 78-80. I was watering them on a biweekly schedule and just forgot. :grinjoint:

I have been watching from the start and like what I see. Nice job here man. Do you like working with the CFLS or would you recommend anything different?

I like the CFLs because of the space we're in and the temps staying down. There's no need for super hardcore ventilation, the box provides most of it on it's own. If you're looking to grow on the cheap, this is definitely a way to go.

If you have any other questions, hit me up, I'll be happy to answer them. You can PM me too.

High guys! It's update time!

Firstly, we have the Mazar-Afghan. She's on Day 62 and has grown quite big. In fact, she's nearly out grown the box. I've moved her light all the way to the top and I can't get it to go up any more. Is there anything I can do? I see now that I should have done LST with her but I didn't think she'd get that big! :cool:

Here's some pics:
420_Forum_Pics_011.JPG

420_Forum_Pics_0121.JPG

Second is the bag seed. She's coming along great! At Day 61 she has two well formed main colas will several other bud sites all along the stem. My concerns with her are, the leaves on the bottom nodes have all but died and fallen off. Is this normal? Also, when it comes time to harvest her and I get ready to flush her, will it effect the MA since they are in the same pot? Should I just flush the side that she is on or flush the whole thing? Anyway, on to pics.

Bag Seed - Day 61:
420_Forum_Pics_0081.JPG

420_Forum_Pics_009.JPG

420_Forum_Pics_010.JPG

Anyway, that's it for now. Mrs. MacMota wants to know if we could pinch a little bud off the bag seed and smoke it. I keep telling her it'll taste like doo-doo if she does. :grinjoint:

High guys! It's update time!

Firstly, we have the Mazar-Afghan. She's on Day 62 and has grown quite big. In fact, she's nearly out grown the box. I've moved her light all the way to the top and I can't get it to go up any more. Is there anything I can do? I see now that I should have done LST with her but I didn't think she'd get that big! :cool:

Here's some pics:
420_Forum_Pics_011.JPG

420_Forum_Pics_0121.JPG

Second is the bag seed. She's coming along great! At Day 61 she has two well formed main colas will several other bud sites all along the stem. My concerns with her are, the leaves on the bottom nodes have all but died and fallen off. Is this normal? Also, when it comes time to harvest her and I get ready to flush her, will it effect the MA since they are in the same pot? Should I just flush the side that she is on or flush the whole thing? Anyway, on to pics.

Bag Seed - Day 61:
420_Forum_Pics_0081.JPG

420_Forum_Pics_009.JPG

420_Forum_Pics_010.JPG

Anyway, that's it for now. Mrs. MacMota wants to know if we could pinch a little bud off the bag seed and smoke it. I keep telling her it'll taste like doo-doo if she does. :grinjoint:

If you can bend her over her over and tie her down. She'll turn back up towards the light. Be careful not to break her stem. Another thing you can do is super crop her, but that's a last resort.

Don't worry about the leaves, it's normal.

Sample the lower small buds that are not getting much light anyway.
Microwave them 10 or 15 seconds at a time until dry enough to smoke. It will let you get a preview of its potential. Just remember it has allot of time left to maturity and won't be as potent as full harvested, dried, and cured buds will be.:grinjoint:

Flushing. Either flush the whole pot or not at all. Some of the older growers don't flush at all. Let em dry out a bit before harvest as everything will go into the top trying to save its self. You guys are doing great.:surf:

They are looking good. Go ahead and pull the dead leafs. If any are still showing green leave them. They are the food source to feed the buds. Regarding piching a bud to smoke now, wait. It will taste bad and not likely to be very potent.

Thanks Screwnuts! We're going to hold off on pinching any off, she's gonna be patient. :yummy:

plants look good

good question on your flushing dilema very interesting question you ask.

Thanks blacken. I think we're going to hold off on the flushing.

If you can bend her over her over and tie her down. She'll turn back up towards the light. Be careful not to break her stem. Another thing you can do is super crop her, but that's a last resort.

Don't worry about the leaves, it's normal.

Sample the lower small buds that are not getting much light anyway.
Microwave them 10 or 15 seconds at a time until dry enough to smoke. It will let you get a preview of its potential. Just remember it has allot of time left to maturity and won't be as potent as full harvested, dried, and cured buds will be.:grinjoint:

Flushing. Either flush the whole pot or not at all. Some of the older growers don't flush at all. Let em dry out a bit before harvest as everything will go into the top trying to save its self. You guys are doing great.:surf:

Thanks MedMan, I think (hopefully) that the MA has stopped growing and so I won't have to do anything to her except watch her grow. :smokin:

I've pulled the dead leaves off the bag seed and she looks good. :grinjoint:

I think we're going to hold off on the flushing. Nature doesn't flush so why should we, right? :cool:

Thanks again to everyone for your feedback and for stopping by, we both really appreciate your input! :bong:

Just a quick update while I try to piece together a post here. I'm Toaster-Oven Method, quick drying a small clipping from the bag seed plant. I think it's close to harvest time and I wanted to try a sample.:grinjoint:

Looking good. I'm really encouraged to see such growth from a few CFLs.

Those dried leaves on the bagseed plant reminds me of the time I sat on the bank of a creek with a guerilla grower I met after he'd pulled a few brown leaves off the bottom of one of his plants and rolled a joint that we then smoked. I remember how stoned I got as we sat there, and this big blue heron came winging it up the creek past where we sat. "Oh wow man".

Back
Top Bottom