MacMota's 3rd - Strawberry Cough - Jamaican - Soil

Wow, so it's time for a much needed, long overdue, update. I don't have my camera with me right now so there's not any pictures but I have some and will upload them as soon as I can.

We moved to flowering almost a week ago. The lights are on a 11/13 schedule and everything seems to be coming along nicely. We've had to move the lights twice already. :grinjoint:

The lower leaves are looking a little nitrogen deficient but that's been a common theme with this grow, I think it's the genetics. The stem is nice and fat and there are several large sun leaves that are really liking the 12,800 lumen of CFL goodness. :grinjoint:

No signs of sex yet but it's still early. I'm hoping that we didn't switch to flowering too soon and lose some potential vegetation growth but I guess that's always a trade off.

Thanks for stopping by all and pictures will be up soon. :grinjoint:

Sounds like you are well on your way, I will keep my fingers crossed for some ladies for you. Good luck, Bless...

Where the hell did that MacMota get off to? Oh! Hey, okay, so we've been MIA for a very good reason. We moved. We're in the new place, got most everything unpacked and the grow is still chugging along. I have quite a few pictures to post and will get them uploaded as soon as I can to show everyone what's been going on. Stay tuned...

Where the hell did that MacMota get off to? Oh! Hey, okay, so we've been MIA for a very good reason. We moved. We're in the new place, got most everything unpacked and the grow is still chugging along. I have quite a few pictures to post and will get them uploaded as soon as I can to show everyone what's been going on. Stay tuned...

Hello You Two! Wondering where you were. :) Hope you have more room in the new digs. Be looking for the pictures. Take care!:high-five:

Here it is, the highly anticipated, oft lauded, completely amazing, picture post.

Okay it may not be all that, but it is here. :)

We switched to flower back on the 16th, today makes 15 days in flower and the plant showed signs of sex about 3 days ago. You can probably guess that since I'm still posting on here that it's a girl! The Mrs. decided on calling her "Shortcake" as in Strawberry Shortcake and I couldn't resist so it stuck. The first pictures of her are on the 28th day of vegetation and then the rest are from 2 days ago on the 13th day of flowering.

So without further ado, here she is:

Shortcake - Day 28 Vegetation
001602.JPG
002650.JPG
003610.JPG
004582.JPG
005547.JPG

Shortcake - Day 13 Flower
006486.JPG
007484.JPG
008448.JPG
009411.JPG
010383.JPG
011338.JPG
012286.JPG

It's a little difficult to see the pistils in these photos but I went in for my morning cup of coffee with her and she's doubled the size of them. Perhaps I'll get some pictures of those up today. Oh, and the one pic is where I decided to sleep in the other morning and she decided that she wanted to go into the light. So she got burned, maybe that'll teach her to wait for Daddy. :)

One question, how long does it take for the stretch to stop? I have about another foot of vertical space but I can't remember from the last grow how long it took.

I'm watering twice a week. Once is with plain water and the other with super diluted nutrients. I'm going to mix up a 1/2 strength batch this week for the watering on Saturday. I'm using a trick I learned when I was huge into aquariums to pH the water and let all the funk get out. Not really a trick, just letting nature take it's course.

Anyway, that's all for now. Thanks for stopping by! :grinjoint:

Waiting with bells on.... Good to see you back...

Thanks Sonzor, I finally got everything for my desk uncovered so I could upload some photos and get back in my routine for journal entries. Stupid moving. I hate it.

Hello You Two! Wondering where you were. :) Hope you have more room in the new digs. Be looking for the pictures. Take care!:high-five:

Thanks for thinking of us, OMM! The new place is twice the size of our old one. I have an entire closet that is for nothing but the cultivation of this beloved plant of ours. :grinjoint:

Well, I'm on board - good luck with the ladies, and I'm looking forward to seeing some new photos! :)

Howdy LEDman! Glad to have you on board! It's just the one lady, the Jamaica never took and I tried to get the mods to change my Journal title but, I'm guessing they haven't got to my request yet. :grinjoint:

Where in the world did MacMota go??? Lol whats up buddy glad to see your back an shortcake is looking sexier by the minute haha...shes going to stretch alot more my ladies finally stopped stretching after the 10th day of flower...keep up the good work bro cant wait

Yeah, we're back on. :) She was dressing like a boy for a minute and I got really discouraged but the other morning I got up and there they were, plain as day pistils. Mrs. MacMota says it's because I suck at sexing plants, I have to agree. I'm pretty much garbage at it.

We're at day 15 of flowering today and I had to raise the lights again this morning, I just hope she doesn't decide to grow too damn high and I end up having to tie her over like I did with the Mazar-Afghan I grew last time. We'll see though.

We're so stoked, this has been the most temperamental grow we've done to date but I've learned quite a bit. This is a fantastic hobby. :grinjoint:

Yeah, we're back on. :) She was dressing like a boy for a minute and I got really discouraged but the other morning I got up and there they were, plain as day pistils. Mrs. MacMota says it's because I suck at sexing plants, I have to agree. I'm pretty much garbage at it.

We're at day 15 of flowering today and I had to raise the lights again this morning, I just hope she doesn't decide to grow too damn high and I end up having to tie her over like I did with the Mazar-Afghan I grew last time. We'll see though.

We're so stoked, this has been the most temperamental grow we've done to date but I've learned quite a bit. This is a fantastic hobby. :grinjoint:

For sure lol its easy mate to tell sex lol if its a male its balls right in front of your face lol but she might be slowing down with the stretching since your already in the 15th day of flowering, did you try an LST?

For sure lol its easy mate to tell sex lol if its a male its balls right in front of your face lol but she might be slowing down with the stretching since your already in the 15th day of flowering, did you try an LST?

Everyone says that, but apparently, I'm retarded. Oh well. :grinjoint:

No LST this time. I wanted to make sure that I actually got through an entire grow of SC before I started tinkering with one. I think with the lights I have and the space in there, I could really get a bush going but I'm being cautious. :)

Glad to hear the move went well Mac. Your lady is looking good. She'll probably stop stretching soon.

Thanks Kannabis! We're super excited to get into this place. It looked like a covert government mission when we moved her. The Mrs. keeping watch while I threw a blanket over her and rushed her out to the car. :) Good stuff.

I hope she does, she's got a few inches more but I don't want to push it, you know?

Hi You two! :high-five:

Shortcake is looking good. She should just about be over her stretch.

Glad to hear you now have an "Official" place to grow now. :bravo:

Thanks OMM! She's the best looking one we've grown yet, stinks too. I walk home to doo-doo smell every time I get in the door. We're telling our friends that it's sage that we burn :)

That's the best part, I'm brain storming ideas to maximize my closet. It's exciting. :grinjoint:

So I've run in to a small problem. We've run out of room for the lights. They are all the way up to the top of the box and there's, maybe, 3 inches of growth space before the main stem touches the lights. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd hate to have to trim the top off the main cola off just to keep it from burning but I don't know what else to do.

Also, I was reading about Strawberry Cough and Dutch Passion said that you can harvest the plant twice? Does anyone know about taking two harvests from one plant?

Thanks guys! :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom