It's done. In fact, this is what happens:

DSC026981.JPG

When you have this:

DSC026961.JPG

DSC026971.JPG

And these:

DSC026991.JPG

I've kept the stem and am drying it. I'm hoping maybe I can get some hemp cordage? Does anyone know how to do that?

Also, I've pulled the roots up. Can I use the soil again? Do I need to do anything to it? Will the left over roots turn any other plants male?

I'm bummed, but it's one of those things. Thanks guys for all your help and fingers crossed for the SC. :Rasta:

Damn man. That sucks. I know how you feel though. One widow hermied and the other was a male. Only my freebie survived. On the brite side, it was the freebie and you can always drop another bean when you're ready. You've made it this far so you should feel pretty comfortable starting another down the line. Your SC will be female. Sending some positive energy that way :grinjoint:

As far as the lighting goes, stealth and budget is what we have really been focusing on. The only lights we are running are the 4' 4bulb T5 with a supplemental 60w cfl. MH and HPS will definitely increase the plant's productivity, but in the end it's what you feel comfortable with. You could always use the 125w as the canopy light and run the other fluoros vertically to maximize your lumen count. Just an idea.

Your SC will be female. Sending some positive energy that way :grinjoint:

Thanks man, and that's what I was thinking about doing. The dimensions of the "closet" are 54"H x 30"W x 20"D. There's a drawer on the bottom so I'm going to say the actual growing area would be around 40"H x 28"W x 18"D. Which would be great for 2 plants. I figure I can put the shop lights in there vertically across the back and sides and they'll do great. Kinda like a DIY 'tron. I've gotta get through this one first though.

I would re-use the soil if needed Mac but I would really break up that root ball, more or less compost the soil and use it again, roots wont cause male or feamale. If those lil nut sacks would have opened they would have spread their "love" all over the lady.

Ugh...I think the SC's male too. Damn. I'll get some pics up here shortly. Will it effect future grows in there if I let the male mature to get seeds? Also, can males be smoked at all? I'm just asking because Mrs. MacMota needs some badly.

I don't know about smoking them, but I was going to use the males from mine to make hash. Just a thought.

How is that done? Is there a tutorial on here?

There are several methods to make it. There is some pretty decent vids on Youtube about it. You could also make hash oil, but that stuff is sticky and hard to deal with. It gets you VERY ripped though. I haven't had any in awhile so I'm looking forward to harvest time.

Check out the "gumby" method of making hash on Youtube. It doesn't look like the best I've seen, but you can make it on the cheap.

Hey Mac, sorry to hear about the SC. Well a male by itself won't produce seeds, just polen. It takes that polen to be introduced to female flowers which in turn produces seeds, sorry. As far as harvesting smokable from that male is pretty much impossible at this early stage of flowering. The THC percentage is pretty small. Good Luck!!

EDIT
A few suggestions to help reduce your chances of males/hermies

1) make sure you don't interrupt the dark period of your plants, as this is stress your plants don't need.
2) light proof your grow room 100%. The best way to help determine if your room is "light proofed" would be to sit in the room with the lights off during the day. Let your eyes adjust to the darkness, this could take a few minutes at least 5-10min. You'll start to see any light leaking in at this point, correct as needed.

Well, it's official, I don't need a second opinion, the SC's a male too. I'm going to look up the Gumby technique for making hash and see what kind of damage I can create.

I want to thank everyone for all the help they gave us. We couldn't have gone as far as we did without you all, and this place. I'm going to be starting a new grow journal soon so keep an eye out for it.

Thanks again everyone.

Back
Top Bottom