MacMota's 3rd - Strawberry Cough - Jamaican - Soil

I'm thinking that since the closet that she's in has a 18" x 18" cubby in it that I'm going to enclose it and use that as a cabinet. The only thing I'm worried about is temperature control since the closet is on an outside wall and I'm not sure how to ventilate it properly. I was doing measurements though, and a T5 will fit perfectly in there. :)

Hi Again You two!:high-five:

I think I would prioritize the cooling first....to see if it's possible. Once you have that figured out you will be good to go. All the best to you two, have a great 4th. :thumb:

Looking denser by the day mac, shes looking nice an frosty as well glad to hear no more chores for ya buddy lol that's always a plus in my books..Have you seen my girls lately there getting some serious weight on them bro..on the 4th ill be 6 weeks into flowering so far anyways great work!

Thanks buddy! I was over on your journal just a few minutes ago, I'll hop back over and give it another look. Yeah I don't know if I'll actually be able to get out of chores, but it would be nice. :)

Hi Again You two!:high-five:

I think I would prioritize the cooling first....to see if it's possible. Once you have that figured out you will be good to go. All the best to you two, have a great 4th. :thumb:

See?! A genius I tell you!

I'm going to do just that, then. Any suggestions? :grinjoint:

Thanks OMM! You and Jo have a great 4th as well!

See?! A genius I tell you!

I'm going to do just that, then. Any suggestions? :grinjoint:

Thanks OMM! You and Jo have a great 4th as well!

Did you post a picture of it? Memory is gone. If there is no duct in there, it's going to be hard. It will be hard to close the door and keep it cool. :hmmmm:

Update time!

It's day 40 of flowering and she's looking great. The website I got the seeds from says that the flowering time is 56 days but looking at where she is right now, I'm thinking she may finish before then. I've got lots of pictures this time so maybe you guys can tell me your opinion. I don't have a microscope to look at the trichomes. I think I remember someone telling me that there's a way of telling when the pistils turn colors but I can't remember.

Well, thanks stopping by guys! :grinjoint:

Hey MM! Nice pics looking good and frosty. :yummy: Pistil development is really coming on. Soon some will start to turn. Microscopes come in handy for trich's but a good magnifying glass also works in a pinch. I have some more info on pistils, I'll pass on to you soon.

Happy 4th!

:peacetwo:

Did you post a picture of it? Memory is gone. If there is no duct in there, it's going to be hard. It will be hard to close the door and keep it cool. :hmmmm:

No, no pictures. There is no ducting, vents, or openings in there at all. I'm thinking, really, that I'll have to pull in cool air from the room by building some sort of an induction system. Takes $$ though so we'll see. I've seen some pretty cool grow setups on here that I'll be using for ideas. I'll try and get a shot of the closet up too.

Looking very nice, Happy 4th.

Thanks Sonzor! Happy 4th to you too. Did you get out and grill and blow stuff up? My neighborhood was like a hot zone last night. You could hear stuff going off til the wee hours.

Hey MM! Nice pics looking good and frosty. :yummy: Pistil development is really coming on. Soon some will start to turn. Microscopes come in handy for trich's but a good magnifying glass also works in a pinch. I have some more info on pistils, I'll pass on to you soon.

Happy 4th!

Thanks MacG. I'm really liking the way she looks. She's coming along nicely to say the least. I do need to pick up something to examine the trichs with but with the funds being low it may be a few weeks and at that point, she'll be done, so...here I sit. :grinjoint:

Happy 4th to you too!

Thanks MacG. I'm really liking the way she looks. She's coming along nicely to say the least. I do need to pick up something to examine the trichs with but with the funds being low it may be a few weeks and at that point, she'll be done, so...here I sit. :grinjoint:

Happy 4th to you too!

Don't sweat the mic MM. We all have to live in our budget. Keep a close eye on the pistils. They will start to turn brown/orange/amber/red depending on the strain and other variables. Then what you need to watch for is they start to recede into the buds. When almost all are receded then you are pretty well assured it is time to chop and your trich's will be fine. Re-sent the info via pm, hope it works for you this time! Best to you bro!!!

.98 Ounces.

That's the final weight, minus the buds that were pinched off by the Mrs. for "sampling". That's her way of saying she's impatient. I'm a little disappointed by the final weight, I was hoping for 1.5 but man is this stuff potent. I know that Strawberry Cough has a medium-low yield so I'll take what I can get. The unfortunate side is that I got about .25 grams per watt so I'm a little on the low side. Still more to learn I guess. :)

I have pictures from before I harvested I'm just feeling a little lazy and haven't uploaded them. I'll get them up here eventually.

A smoke report.

Wow, I never thought that a cannabis strain could taste like this. It has a sweet, creamy taste on exhale. I don't know that it's a strawberry flavor but it is fruity. It's a very smooth smoke, although I smoked it through a water pipe so I'm sure that helps. This is definitely a Sativa dominant. The high is all in your head and I almost get jittery from it. The Mrs. loves it, I don't know that I've ever seen her that relaxed and laid back. She says it's a very calming yet motivating high, she's able to get up and do stuff. She likes that there's no couch lock like on the Indicas.

So that's it! Grow number 3 is down. Now it's time to start planning for the next. I'm not sure where to go from here but I'm thinking some calm motivation will certainly help. :grinjoint:

I am wondering what I can do to increase my yields though. I didn't have a scale for the last grow so I can only speculate on what I took but I'm going to guess that I got about an ounce from that one too. Any opinions?

I want to thank everyone who stopped by and read through my journal, your feedback was instrumental in getting this grow finished. I'm truly amazed at the community that is 420Magazine. There are so many helpful people on here and I'm so grateful that some of you decided to share your knowledge with me.

Take care every one and thanks for stopping by. :grinjoint:

Hi You Two! Congratulations!:cheer:

An once is more than you had! So good job. I went back to the first page and saw you were using a 20 gallon pot? All you need is a 4 or 5 gallon pot. You may have had more roots than plant. Although that's not spose to happen.
Maybe a few more CFLs would have helped too.

From your smoke report....that's some good stuff......glad the other half loved it.
Glad it didn't give the jitters. I don't enjoy that at all. :smokin:

There will be some more growers looking at this, hopefully they will have some more suggestions and keep you in your budget zone.

Glad you liked the taste and high.....that's what matters! :bravo:

.98 Ounces.

That's the final weight, minus the buds that were pinched off by the Mrs. for "sampling". That's her way of saying she's impatient. I'm a little disappointed by the final weight, I was hoping for 1.5 but man is this stuff potent. I know that Strawberry Cough has a medium-low yield so I'll take what I can get. The unfortunate side is that I got about .25 grams per watt so I'm a little on the low side. Still more to learn I guess. :)

I have pictures from before I harvested I'm just feeling a little lazy and haven't uploaded them. I'll get them up here eventually.

A smoke report.

Wow, I never thought that a cannabis strain could taste like this. It has a sweet, creamy taste on exhale. I don't know that it's a strawberry flavor but it is fruity. It's a very smooth smoke, although I smoked it through a water pipe so I'm sure that helps. This is definitely a Sativa dominant. The high is all in your head and I almost get jittery from it. The Mrs. loves it, I don't know that I've ever seen her that relaxed and laid back. She says it's a very calming yet motivating high, she's able to get up and do stuff. She likes that there's no couch lock like on the Indicas.

So that's it! Grow number 3 is down. Now it's time to start planning for the next. I'm not sure where to go from here but I'm thinking some calm motivation will certainly help. :grinjoint:

I am wondering what I can do to increase my yields though. I didn't have a scale for the last grow so I can only speculate on what I took but I'm going to guess that I got about an ounce from that one too. Any opinions?

I want to thank everyone who stopped by and read through my journal, your feedback was instrumental in getting this grow finished. I'm truly amazed at the community that is 420Magazine. There are so many helpful people on here and I'm so grateful that some of you decided to share your knowledge with me.

Take care every one and thanks for stopping by. :grinjoint:

Like the smoke report MM. Nice job and congrats! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

I agree with OMM. More lights will help. I'm hoping to add more to my GR as soon as budget allows. Will be looking forward to your next grow. Keep in touch!

Thanks for the input guys. I think you're right about the lighting being the issue. I've been poking around at some of the other grows on here that are using T5s or HIDs and they're killing it with the production. I'd really like to use LEDs but the cost is so high right now I can't justify spending that kind of money. However, if I were to get a HID setup I'd be looking at around the same cost with fans and a tent so I don't really know where to go from here.

Honestly, I'd like to get a tent and HID and grow 3 or 4 or 5 different strains at once, but cash flow is an issue right now so I'm going to have to sock away some moolah to get to my dreams. I also want a set of Shimano PD-A530 SPD Dual Platform pedals and some Pearl Izumi X-Alp IV shoes so that might take precedence. We'll see. :grinjoint:

Sorry I missed most of this one Mac. Grats on your harvest.

No problem bro. Thanks for the compliments. I'm sure you'll catch the next one.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I'm moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Re: MacMota's 3rd, Strawberry Cough, Jamaican, Soil

LMAO now this is stoner inginuity at its finest ;) haha thats awesome man! i remember my first "do it yourself" starter kit. i like the soda cans i just used molded cardbord wrapped with tin foil. its all the same though.

Here's some pictures of the box and the lights.

Grow cab:
DSCF12211.JPG

DSCF12231.JPG

The lights and the soil:
DSCF12241.JPG

Still waiting on the seeds to germinate. I'll put some pics of that up once they do. :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom