MacMota's Second Go - Poor Man Style

Looking good. I'm really encouraged to see such growth from a few CFLs.

Those dried leaves on the bagseed plant reminds me of the time I sat on the bank of a creek with a guerilla grower I met after he'd pulled a few brown leaves off the bottom of one of his plants and rolled a joint that we then smoked. I remember how stoned I got as we sat there, and this big blue heron came winging it up the creek past where we sat. "Oh wow man".

I'm surprised by the growth too. There's 12,800 lumen in there though. :grinjoint:

I love those "Oh wow man" moments. We had one with some peafowl on a trail near here. We rounded a corner and there was a peacock and a peahen just standing in the middle of the trail. It was really cool.

Anywho, time for a smoke report. The bag seed is nice. It has a very smooth, pine flavor. Mrs. MacMota said she could hardly smell it. The smoke was a little harsh but I think that was because it hasn't been dried properly. It's very heady and I couldn't sit down after smoking it. Very good indica. :grinjoint:

My question now, is this: When should I chop her? The last set of big fan leaves is turning yellow and while I don't want to chop too soon, I don't want to let her go too long either. We don't have a magnifying glass or a microscope either. Is there a way to look at a plant and just know that she's done?

I'll try and get some pictures up today. :smokin:

Man, I've got a serious case of the "Fuck-its". :rollit:

Well accentually there is a way to tell. Do you have mini microscope or any other magnifying glass, even a macro lens on your camera? If so you can look at the trichs on the buds.

AceOfSpades way will work too.

Something to talk about is the kind of high you would like from your Buds.
If you like a mind high you would harvest early if your like couchlock like I do you would wait longer.

The more orange/brown colors you see the more couchlock it would be.

If you find a strong magnifier, then we will talk about a much more accurate
way of telling when to harvest.:grinjoint:

Here we go guys. Here's some shots of the twin colas and some budding underneath. The bag seed is on Day 71.

420_Forum_Pics_0013.JPG

420_Forum_Pics_0023.JPG

420_Forum_Pics_0033.JPG

420_Forum_Pics_0052.JPG

420_Forum_Pics_0042.JPG

There's a little more orange to her than my camera shows. The lights are so bright under there that they wash out some of the color when I take pictures. :grinjoint:

In that last shot you can see the Mazar-Afghan which is coming along nicely. She's got at least a month or more to finish. Maybe she can be my Christmas present. :xmas:

Anyways, that's it for now. Let me know what ya'll think.

:thanks:

Hey man they look great! But I can't really tell how big they are... How tall is each plant and how big are those twin colas?

Hey man they look great! But I can't really tell how big they are... How tall is each plant and how big are those twin colas?

Thanks Legalize. I've been meaning to put a perspective shot on here. The bag seed is about 14" with the twin colas being around 4" each. The Mazar-Afghan is around 26".

I'll get some pics up later today!! :grinjoint:

those yellowing leaves are just about out of nutes
so the plants just about done with them XD
you can probly trim them off and let some lower parts of the plant get some more direct light bro
the twins still catch my attention lol

So how many days flower did u say u were in? I saw like day 62 somewhere but I figured that was total

those yellowing leaves are just about out of nutes
so the plants just about done with them XD
you can probly trim them off and let some lower parts of the plant get some more direct light bro
the twins still catch my attention lol

I've been pulling them off as they dry up. Someone told me to hang on to the deads, said they can be used for edibles? I have a recipe for cannabutter but it doesn't say whether I need green bud or not.

I know, I love them. Make sure you go vote for me in November's Plant of the Month contest. The poll should be up in a few days. Okay, you don't have to vote for me, vote for who ever. Just vote! :grinjoint:

So how many days flower did u say u were in? I saw like day 62 somewhere but I figured that was total

That's correct. Whatever day they're on, subtract 28 from and that's how many days flower they're on. The bag seed must be indica, it flowered shortly after the switch and finished fairly quickly. I have some new pics to put up, I'm just being lazy. Well, working 53 hours in a week isn't lazy, but not updating my journal is. :Rasta:

I've been pulling them off as they dry up. Someone told me to hang on to the deads, said they can be used for edibles? I have a recipe for cannabutter but it doesn't say whether I need green bud or not.
With leaves and canabuter you want fresh bud not yellowed old bud
it will have a odd flavor if you use the older deader leaves

I'm surprised by the growth too. There's 12,800 lumen in there though. :grinjoint:

? how many lights you got in there?

yeah those twins look awesome. new pics would be awesome when you get time. 53 hours a week sounds brutal but lovely money.

Yeah, my usual is 48. It's beating me to death. I'm going to go snap some pics now and hopefully up load them. If I can find the strength. :grinjoint:

Grats on the ladies Mac. They look good. Keep up the good work bro.

Thanks Kid! How is yours smoking?

With leaves and cannabutter you want fresh bud not yellowed old bud
it will have a odd flavor if you use the older deader leaves

That's good to know. You can smoke them though, huh? Probably not a fantastic high, but I bet it get's the job done.

? how many lights you got in there?

We have 8, 23 Watt (100 Watt equivalent) compact fluorescent bulbs set up on 2 painters lights fixtures. I removed the aluminum reflectors and the clamps and then strung them up with some old rope I had. There's 3 Y-shaped splitters that connect and that's where the lights go. This is an old picture but you can see them very well.

420_Forum_Pics_002.JPG

Sorry that there's still no pictures. This week it was 48 hours. I'll try and get some up here today. I've chopped the bag seed and will have more detailed smoke report, but for now, it's "the dopest dope I've ever smoked". :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom