MacMota's 3rd - Strawberry Cough - Jamaican - Soil

Re: MacMota's 3rd, Strawberry Cough, Jamaican, Soil

Looks like your off to a great start! :roorrip:

Thanks SexyKushMomma! I like your quote from the Harvard Doctor.

I took pictures this morning and meant to post them earlier but didn't. With that said, today is day 8 since sprouting, the size of the plant has doubled, at least. I'm going to have to transplant to the bigger pot sooner than expected due to there being algae growing in the cup it's currently in. That'll probably happen tomorrow.

Here's how it looks so far:
001586.JPG

002633.JPG

003595.JPG

Once I get the transplant done, I'll get some pictures up.

Thanks for looking! :grinjoint:

Coming along nice. Hope the transplant went/goes well :goodjob:

Thanks jwb87. It went nicely. In fact, I'm about to upload some pictures of it. :grinjoint:

Time for an update. The transplant went off without a hitch, which is good, since I've not had the best of luck with transplanting in the past. The plant seems to like the better living conditions and has marked growth. The second set of leaves has started to come in and it's nearly doubled in size (again) since the last update. :)

I'm worried about the cotyledon changing colors though. One has turned completely yellow and has a brown spot in it and the other is yellowing. Mrs. MacMota said this happened the last time though and that everything was fine. I'm still a little paranoid. Besides that, everything seems in order and is coming along nicely. Here's some pictures.

Strawberry Cough - Day 13
005534.JPG

006474.JPG

Here you can see the yellowing in the cotyledon.

007475.JPG

008438.JPG

Here's a shot under the lights.

That's all for now. Thanks for looking! :grinjoint:

Haha of course you'll be worried, they're your little girls! Can you remove the coty with a pair of tweezers? or maybe tabboo...

Good work on the transplant!!

Looking good Mac. I wouldn't worry about the cotyledon. It's only purpose is to start the plant while the 1st leaves are produced. After that, let them die and fall off at their leisure. You could cause more damage trying to pull it off.

Haha of course you'll be worried, they're your little girls! Can you remove the coty with a pair of tweezers? or maybe tabboo...

Good work on the transplant!!

Thanks. It been a little while since I've grown any and it's like I'm learning some things all over again. :)

I'm gonna leave the cotyledon alone for now, let them run their course. I looked at some pictures from my last journal and they did yellow and dry up like these.

Thanks for the input though! And, yes, I didn't mess up the transplant! :Rasta:

Looking good Mac. I wouldn't worry about the cotyledon. It's only purpose is to start the plant while the 1st leaves are produced. After that, let them die and fall off at their leisure. You could cause more damage trying to pull it off.

Thanks, Kid. I'm going to leave them alone. Like I told jwb87, I went back and looked at my other grows and they did the same thing. :grinjoint:

Good work so far Mac i will definitely stay tuned with this one I wouldn't worry so much about that cotyledon like kannabis kid said it will eventually fall off an die

Thank you, Crower619, and welcome aboard! :grinjoint:

Advice heeded, I will not be worrying about, or touching, the cotyledon. :Rasta:

Thanks again.

Update time!

I noticed some yellowing of the second set of leaves, not too bad but I think that at this stage, any discoloration can lead to detrimental outcomes. So I mixed up some Green Light Root Stimulator which is 5-15-5 and then watered the plant, waited about 8 hours and then applied the nutrient solution. I mixed 3 cap fulls into 1 gallon of water and the applied about 8 ounces of the solution. The instructions say I should water again after applying the solution but I'm wondering if that's going to be too much watering too close together?

Here's some pictures.

Strawberry Cough - Day 16
005535.JPG

006476.JPG

If you look, you can see the yellowing at the tip of the leaf point toward the bottom of the picture.

These pictures make the plant look slightly greener than it actually is. All in all, it's more of a yellow/green in color with the discolorations on the cotyledon and the tip of the second leaf set.

That's it for now, thanks for looking! :Rasta:

No worries bro were all here for one thing lol we all need support cant wait to see the turn out on your ladies

Don't we all? :Rasta:

I can't wait to see how they turn out either. I'm super worried about this grow, I guess I need to hit the pipe a few more times and get this anxiety to calm down. :smokin:

We paid for the SC seeds, though, so I don't want to be throwing money away by screwing up a grow. We have yet to get a harvest of the SC and that's why we started growing in the first place.

What's up MacMota, I love the setup, those cans just crack me up, but whatever works. I love the strawberry cough, so hope that works out for you. One thing to consider is and take this with a grain of salt. Consider not giving them any nutes at this point. Those little babies are pretty darn sensitive. Just a thought and am looking forward to watching you progress. Bless + rep

I think if you are running 5-15-5 you need to increase your nitrogen intake more because in the veg cycle you want more nitro then potash an potass right now im running 20-5-5

Well crap. I guess I should have read some more, huh? :Rasta: Any suggestions on how to increase Nitrogen? Would Lowe's or HD have something?

What's up MacMota, I love the setup, those cans just crack me up, but whatever works. I love the strawberry cough, so hope that works out for you. One thing to consider is and take this with a grain of salt. Consider not giving them any nutes at this point. Those little babies are pretty darn sensitive. Just a thought and am looking forward to watching you progress. Bless + rep

Wow Sonzor, welcome!

I usually don't give any nutrients during the vegetation cycle but with the discoloration, I panicked slightly. I'm going to hold off on any more, though. After going back and looking at the other times we've tried Strawberry Cough, this one seems right on track.

Thanks for the feedback, the reps, and for stopping by. :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom