MacMota's Second Go - Poor Man Style

MacMota

We're at it again! We're going to be growing Strawberry Cough, Mazar-Afghan and some Bagseed for fun. I'm not sure what the blends are but I know they're around 40% - 60%. We're starting from seeds (They're germinating right now) and we're going into the same growing set up as before. The soil has been tilled twice and let dry completely. For those of you who were not on board for the last grow, the specs are this:

Soil, 30% perlite added, 5 gallon pots x2, 3 - 48" shop lights with 3 light temps to provide a range of lighting across the spectrum. The room is a closet that's outside but attached. There's no HVAC access to this room and so I'm hoping that since the weather's starting to cool off here that the heat won't be too bad in there. (I think that's what went wrong last time.)

Finger's crossed this time, let's go for some girls! :cheer:

By the way, the method we used for germination was to soak the seeds overnight and then place them in damp paper towels, which is where they are now. I'll get some pics up once there's something to show.

I'm all excited again! :grinjoint:

Quick update this morning. The Strawberry Cough and The Mazar-Afghan have both had one seed crack (we're germinating 2 of each). The Bagseed isn't showing anything, yet. I'm gonna wait until tonight to check again and I'll most likely be moving them to the soil tomorrow. I need to go program my light timer again. :grinjoint:

Also, thanks for stoping by BUD08 and AcEoFsPaDeS! Glad to have you on board!

Found ya, can't wait to see these gals!! :popcorn:

Nice! I'll have pics up in the morning. It looks like 4 have cracked. Hopefully the other 2 will open by the time I'm up.

As promised, here's some seed shots. The first is Strawberry Cough:
dsc027041.jpg

Next is Mazar-Afghan. This thing is a beast. The sprouts show it too.
dsc027031.jpg

After 72 hours I didn't see anything out of the bagseeds so I dropped some more in water. I'll be checking on them after a few hours and then moving them to a paper towel. I dropped 4 this time so I hope all of them don't sprout, I don't think I have room. :whoa:

One MA has sprouted!
dsc027052.jpg

There's 3 more to go (1 Mazar-Afghan and 2 Strawberry Cough). I've been soaking some more bagseeds but I don't think I'm going to get anything out of them. We'll see though. I'm so excited! I love this part. :grinjoint:

Glad to see you started another journal. Looking good so far man. I'm tuned in. I can say that the quality of the seeds is awesome. Haven't had 1 that didn't germ yet from there. Gonna have to get more.

I'm glad to see you found my journal! ;) I agree, these seeds are excellent. I just wish the distributor would work out things with 420 Magazine so they could become official sponsors or something.

I'm in, Looking good so far.

Glad to have you bud! I'm stoked you could join us. :grinjoint:

Now its just the waiting game. The MA looks good with that purple stem. Strawberry Cough is one of my favorites also. Cant wait till you get more pics. Ive got my own grow going on right now to. Check out the pic

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/CIMG2138.JPG

I know, I was really bummed that the last one went male on me. MA has a purple hue to it when it's growing and it looks fantastic. It's a beast too, it's already doubled in size since this morning. Amazing.

Your garden looks fantastic, do you have a journal going?

Still nothing from the others but I know they'll come up soon. :cheer:

Thanks Mota. I dont have a journal going cuz I wasnt really thinking about it, but its a little to late now

Either way Ace, nice looking girls. You should consider one for next time, even if you're an experienced grower, your journal could help some of us newbies out. :smokin:

Quick update. Not much to report. Still the one seedling up, I have pictures and I'll try and get them on here tonight when I get home from work.

2 of the Bagseed beans cracked (yay!) so I've got them in there now too. I hope they make it. I usually put them in a paper towel to let some taproot grow. We'll see though, everything is an experiment. :grinjoint:

Hi MacMota and other board members there with you:grinjoint:
Read your first grow, what a bummer.:thedoubletake:
I'll be tagging along with you on this one. As one who constantly fights high temps and humidity maybe I can help a little.
Well, maybe not. I ended up with an AC. From your last grow if I remember right that's not an option for you.
Someone here will have the answer.
Your looking good;)

See you soon I have terrible cotton mouth.:popcorn:

Im defintely making a journal for my nexy grow because ill have some sour diesel seeds going and maybe some random seeds from hawaii that my sister brought back for me. I cant wait. Hope those berries work out. Good luck !!

So we have a problem. Well a couple. Firstly, I'm stupid and didn't lock our closet up, which leads to the second. That being, I've completely taken apart our closet and have 4 (Yeah, one of the SC's didn't make it but one of the bag seeds sprouted! Yay!) seedlings in cups on our balcony because the exterminator came by and after spraying our living room, walked out onto the patio and right into our closet. He didn't say anything and just kinda acted like he didn't see it, but I think it's pretty obvious what it was.

As you can imagine, we went into panic mode and I immediately went and dug up the plants and moved them into cups so they could be easily moved. I dumped the soil into a large trash bag and stacked the pots and tables up like we hadn't used them for a while and if anyone asks, we're going to say we were trying our hand at home grown fruits and veggies and that it didn't work. I'm heart broken, scared and pissed off all at the same time. I really really really want to do this, for her, for me, and for you guys but wtf? Why does this kinda crap have to happen to us?

Does anyone have any other suggestions? I mean, I'd hate to destroy these plants so soon after sprouting, I mean, they didn't do anything. :grinjoint:

Thanks ahead of time. :smokin:

Hi MacMota and other board members there with you:grinjoint:
Read your first grow, what a bummer.:thedoubletake:
I'll be tagging along with you on this one. As one who constantly fights high temps and humidity maybe I can help a little.
Well, maybe not. I ended up with an AC. From your last grow if I remember right that's not an option for you.
Someone here will have the answer.
Your looking good;)

See you soon I have terrible cotton mouth.:popcorn:

Damn that cotton mouth. Thanks for jumping in. We can use any help we can get. ;)

Im defintely making a journal for my nexy grow because ill have some sour diesel seeds going and maybe some random seeds from hawaii that my sister brought back for me. I cant wait. Hope those berries work out. Good luck !!

Please do so, and let us all know so we can keep up with it. It looks like you've got quite a green thumb and any expertise can go a long way around here to help noobs like us out. :grinjoint:

So we have a problem. Well a couple. Firstly, I'm stupid and didn't lock our closet up, which leads to the second. That being, I've completely taken apart our closet and have 4 (Yeah, one of the SC's didn't make it but one of the bag seeds sprouted! Yay!) seedlings in cups on our balcony because the exterminator came by and after spraying our living room, walked out onto the patio and right into our closet. He didn't say anything and just kinda acted like he didn't see it, but I think it's pretty obvious what it was.

As you can imagine, we went into panic mode and I immediately went and dug up the plants and moved them into cups so they could be easily moved. I dumped the soil into a large trash bag and stacked the pots and tables up like we hadn't used them for a while and if anyone asks, we're going to say we were trying our hand at home grown fruits and veggies and that it didn't work. I'm heart broken, scared and pissed off all at the same time. I really really really want to do this, for her, for me, and for you guys but wtf? Why does this kinda crap have to happen to us?

Does anyone have any other suggestions? I mean, I'd hate to destroy these plants so soon after sprouting, I mean, they didn't do anything. :grinjoint:

MacMota. I understand your paranoia, but try to relax. First, depending on what state your in, even if you were busted, it may just be a fine. Second, if your landlord hired a company to spray. it is not likely that the exterminator will say anything to your landlord. I would keep the plants growing for now and wait to see if anything comes up. You already have your story in hand. :peace:

Damn that cotton mouth. Thanks for jumping in. We can use any help we can get. ;)

Please do so, and let us all know so we can keep up with it. It looks like you've got quite a green thumb and any expertise can go a long way around here to help noobs like us out. :grinjoint:

I think Wolfbuddie is right don't panic, stay calm. The guy didn't say anything to you about them, I doubt he will tell any one else, maybe his wife for giggles. Let a little time pass and then jump back in.
Something like this sure gets the old heart pumping :peace:
I would hate to see all your work go for nothing.

Damn bro, that does suck. I know the feeling. I live in a somewhat shady area and I am always double checking everything. Most likely nothing will come of it, but stick to your story. Keep them going. I would get a locking doorknob and replace the one to your outside storage space just until you vacate the property.

Back
Top Bottom