MacMota's 3rd - Strawberry Cough - Jamaican - Soil

Great advice here for sure!!! After reading all of your responses of supercropping in flowering and also having a very respected grow buddy come visit I decided to supercrop my ladies as well (in mid week 4 flower).

I felt the same way as you, as I seriously just hurt them badly, but 3 days later the buds are already turning up to the lights as well as the lower buds really seem to be thickening faster!!! Thanks to everyone for the awesome advice here... and macmota, thanks for asking the question initially, I would have never though of doing this in flowering, but cheers to sucesss!!!! Your buds are looking great!!

Great advice here for sure!!! After reading all of your responses of supercropping in flowering and also having a very respected grow buddy come visit I decided to supercrop my ladies as well (in mid week 4 flower).

I felt the same way as you, as I seriously just hurt them badly, but 3 days later the buds are already turning up to the lights as well as the lower buds really seem to be thickening faster!!! Thanks to everyone for the awesome advice here... and macmota, thanks for asking the question initially, I would have never though of doing this in flowering, but cheers to sucesss!!!! Your buds are looking great!!

Thanks Ice. I'm glad the super cropping worked out for the both of us. And thank you for the compliments. I'm rather stoked about them myself. I have some pictures that I need to upload for an update. Maybe I'll get to it so you can seem them now. :grinjoint:

It's time for an update. Well, it's been time for an update for about a week and I took some pictures and hadn't uploaded them, so I took some more and now have lots of pictures to post. So this is more of an overdue, much needed, refreshing update, kind of like the rain we're getting right now. :)

I had to remove the plant from the grow box. Even after super cropping the main cola and giving myself another foot of growth, the thing kept stretching and was getting burnt by the lights, again. A word of advice for anyone growing a sativa dominant plant, LST. That's the lesson I learned over this last week. :Rasta:

Thankfully, the stretch has finished and she's doing really well, despite the significant burns to the main cola and the leaves surrounding it. I know that I'm losing some lumen by not have her encased in Mylar but she seems to be dealing with it well.

I'm watering on a weekly schedule, 1/2 gallon of plain water one week and 1/2 gallon of half-strength nutrients the other. The lower sun leaves have started dumping their contribution into the mix and I've pulled 6 or 7 dead leaves off already. Today is day 32 of flowering and we're just over half way done. :cheer:

Okay, enough blabbering, time for some pictures. The first five are the one's I took on Sunday which was day 27 of flowering and the last five are the one's I took this morning which are day 32. Enjoy!

Strawberry Cough - Day 27 Flowering
001617.JPG
002661.JPG
003627.JPG
004592.JPG
005557.JPG

Strawberry Cough - Day 32 Flowering. If you look, you can see where there is trichomes forming around the flowers. :high-five:
006493.JPG
008455.JPG
009420.JPG
010391.JPG
011344.JPG

So that's it for now. Thanks for looking everyone! :grinjoint:

Other than the burns those ladies and looking very nice. Lots of buds, very nice job. Bless...:bravo:

Looking good mac shes got a little sunburn on her but she'll still pull through for ya glad to see some trichs coming in

Thanks Crower. Yeah she's a little toasty but I agree, I think she'll be fine. :)

Hey MM! Nice update. Looks like she's on the road to recovery! :bravo:

:peacetwo:

Thanks MacG! (We have similar names, cool.) I can see where the flower has started to grow around the burned area as if it's trying to cover the burned area up, it's pretty cool. :Rasta:

Hi You Two! ;)

A little burn wont stop that girl. That is one good looking girl. You guys are doing great. Nice pictures too. Are you looking at a closet for the next one?
Bet you are! :circle-of-love:

Hi OMM! You've become such a celebrity now, I'm gracious that you still stop by and visit from time to time. :)

I agree, I don't think that the amount of burning on her is going to be too detrimental. She's a tough one.

That's all my camera, but thank you all the same.

Well, it's funny you mention that. In a short answer, yes. :grinjoint: We have the plant in a closet, which was in the box/cabinet but she out grew it. So now, she's just in the closet with the lights. I'm conceptualizing all types of things for that closet. It's huge and I could really do a lot with it. So we'll see what happens. :grinjoint:

Other than the burns those ladies and looking very nice. Lots of buds, very nice job. Bless...:bravo:

Thank you Sonzor. I'm rather impressed with myself on this one. She's been the more difficult of all the plants I've grown. I counted the up the other day and I have 70 bud sites plus the main cola. :cheer:

Thanks MacG! (We have similar names, cool.) I can see where the flower has started to grow around the burned area as if it's trying to cover the burned area up, it's pretty cool. :Rasta:

MJ is an incredible plant with it's recovery abilities not to mention how they help me recover daily from many years of abusing my body! :):tokin:

Hi OMM! You've become such a celebrity now, I'm gracious that you still stop by and visit from time to time. :)

I agree, I don't think that the amount of burning on her is going to be too detrimental. She's a tough one.

That's all my camera, but thank you all the same.

Well, it's funny you mention that. In a short answer, yes. :grinjoint: We have the plant in a closet, which was in the box/cabinet but she out grew it. So now, she's just in the closet with the lights. I'm conceptualizing all types of things for that closet. It's huge and I could really do a lot with it. So we'll see what happens. :grinjoint:

Hi you two :)
Celebrity? I think everyone just wants to make me feel good since I'm older than dirt.:)

Have fun with the closet......the possibilities are endless.......if it's big enough
.......flower space and veg space would be nice, then you could kind of go perpetual. :Namaste:

Thank you Sonzor. I'm rather impressed with myself on this one. She's been the more difficult of all the plants I've grown. I counted the up the other day and I have 70 bud sites plus the main cola. :cheer:

70!!! :yahoo: Way cool, makes my head spin just thinking about the meds your gonna get from this plant! Just stopped by to say hey... Hey!!! Keep up the good work.

MJ is an incredible plant with it's recovery abilities not to mention how they help me recover daily from many years of abusing my body! :):tokin:

It truly is an incredible plant. The Mrs certainly gets more benefit from it than I do. Unless you count a couch growing out of my ass a benefit. :)

70!!! :yahoo: Way cool, makes my head spin just thinking about the meds your gonna get from this plant! Just stopped by to say hey... Hey!!! Keep up the good work.

I know! I'm so stoked. The main cola is about 6 inches long and about 1.5 inches across. We still have 3+ weeks til she finishes too. I can't wait to see how much we get off of her. :grinjoint:

Oh, and Hey!!! back.

Hi you two :)
Celebrity? I think everyone just wants to make me feel good since I'm older than dirt.:)

Have fun with the closet......the possibilities are endless.......if it's big enough
.......flower space and veg space would be nice, then you could kind of go perpetual. :Namaste:

Well I don't see it that way at all, but I'm a bit of an optimist. Unless...you didn't date Methuselah, did you? :laughtwo:

I've got so many ideas for a closet, I don't even know where to start? Oh to dream. :grinjoint:

Well I don't see it that way at all, but I'm a bit of an optimist. Unless...you didn't date Methuselah, did you? :laughtwo:

I've got so many ideas for a closet, I don't even know where to start? Oh to dream. :grinjoint:

I did meet his wife once!:high-five:

I hear you on the closet...where to start...too many possibilities. :yummy:

Update time!

It's day 40 of flowering and she's looking great. The website I got the seeds from says that the flowering time is 56 days but looking at where she is right now, I'm thinking she may finish before then. I've got lots of pictures this time so maybe you guys can tell me your opinion. I don't have a microscope to look at the trichomes. I think I remember someone telling me that there's a way of telling when the pistils turn colors but I can't remember.

Enough of that. On to the pictures!

Strawberry Cough - Day 40 Flowering
001622.JPG
002664.JPG
003631.JPG
004596.JPG
005565.JPG
006494.JPG

As you can see, the buds have really fattened up over the last week and they are getting pretty frosty too. I took a small clipping and quick dried it a few days ago, the Mrs. says it's a super heady high and all she wanted to do was clean the house. :yahoo: No more house chores for me...:high-five: Yeah...that'll happen.

Well, thanks stopping by guys! :grinjoint:

I did meet his wife once!:high-five:

I hear you on the closet...where to start...too many possibilities. :yummy:

I'm thinking that since the closet that she's in has a 18" x 18" cubby in it that I'm going to enclose it and use that as a cabinet. The only thing I'm worried about is temperature control since the closet is on an outside wall and I'm not sure how to ventilate it properly. I was doing measurements though, and a T5 will fit perfectly in there. :)

Back
Top Bottom