This is for anyone that has growing questions

I do have a question, I run a perpetual garden with 32 flowering at any given time, 8 harvested every two weeks, I am switching over from seed to clones and just planted my first round of 8 replacement clones. They have about 5-6 inch root systems and are between 5-7 inches tall. I need to average an ounce per plant, how tall do I need to veg them? I'm looking for about 3 foot plants with about 4 arms. I tossed a tester in there at 3-5 inches with 2-3 inch roots and it stopped the stretch at about a foot.

I do have a question, I run a perpetual garden with 32 flowering at any given time, 8 harvested every two weeks, I am switching over from seed to clones and just planted my first round of 8 replacement clones. They have about 5-6 inch systems and are between 5-7 inches tall. I need to average an ounce per plant, how tall do I need to veg them? I'm looking for about 3 foot plants with about 4 arms. I tossed a tester in there at 3-5 inches with 2-3 inch roots and it stopped the stretch at about a foot.

I do have a question, I run a perpetual garden with 32 flowering at any given time, 8 harvested every two weeks, I am switching over from seed to clones and just planted my first round of 8 replacement clones. They have about 5-6 inch systems and are between 5-7 inches tall. I need to average an ounce per plant, how tall do I need to veg them? I'm looking for about 3 foot plants with about 4 arms. I tossed a tester in there at 3-5 inches with 2-3 inch roots and it stopped the stretch at about a foot.

Woo, thats a tough one man. I would need some more information. It depends on strain, light sched, nutes, stress, medium, phenotypes, genotypes etc etc etc. Theres a lot of factors with this.

The best advice I have for ya is find a strain that you like best and grow it out a couple times to figure the strain out. Take notes or keep a journal so you can track progress and what you've done to them. Record weight, and before you know it you can find out. Theres just too many factors that come into play when asking that question.^

Hope this helps a little bit :Namaste: Happy growing and GOOOD LUCK!

rain water is great for watering your plants with. Especially for me by the coast. Cuz it water from the ocean which means all the great stuff coming from the fish and life in the ocean. That is what I do. I catch rain water, add my nutes to that, usually a couple parts of my compost tea and then some SNS Root drench for pests.

Its always safe to check your ph tho. although Im 3 months into my outdoor grow and have not checked it in a while. Being outdoors you don't have to worry about that stuff nearly as much as indoors

So i got my grow tent and one of my t5 lights yesterday deege. Such a hassle setting them up, but i got her done :).
Ill post some pics soon in my thread.

You gotta see the XXX indica strain. it for the longest time was 3 or 4 inches tall and i was thinking the guy sold me a bunk clone lol. now its a monster and keeps growing huge every day with giant 5 or 6 inch wide leaves that have a great deep green color.

Or umm it was actually the Chem D that was going crazy. the XXX was that short lil bushy guy.

I still think the helix is best though.

Hello deege420 was wondering if u would be so kind as to listen to my problem... I have 3 plants growing in a Miracle grow organic soil mixed in with outside dirt... the strain is unknown cause it was a bag seed didnt want to spend alot of money on some good seeds just to ruin them.. they grow in my outside garden along with corn, beans, lettuce, and melons... everything was fine until it started raining 3 day ago and has not stopped... now its seems they grew a couple inches but they have started to turn yellow at variuos spots on the leaves.. thought that with all the rain might have messed with the ph so i went and bought a ph soil tester. the ph was 7.1 and the tester has a fertilizer mode where it measures the nutes and it says its low... i have been giving them a 20-20-20 water soluble food once a week for the last 2 weeks.. i use rain water or water from my pond.. im thinking they need some nitrogen but not totally sure since its my first time... just want to stop the yellowing and get these girls back on track... if u need anymore info or pictures please let me know.. once again thnak you.... Pat

Hello deege420 was wondering if u would be so kind as to listen to my problem... I have 3 plants growing in a Miracle grow organic soil mixed in with outside dirt... the strain is unknown cause it was a bag seed didnt want to spend alot of money on some good seeds just to ruin them.. they grow in my outside garden along with corn, beans, lettuce, and melons... everything was fine until it started raining 3 day ago and has not stopped... now its seems they grew a couple inches but they have started to turn yellow at variuos spots on the leaves.. thought that with all the rain might have messed with the ph so i went and bought a ph soil tester. the ph was 7.1 and the tester has a fertilizer mode where it measures the nutes and it says its low... i have been giving them a 20-20-20 water soluble food once a week for the last 2 weeks.. i use rain water or water from my pond.. im thinking they need some nitrogen but not totally sure since its my first time... just want to stop the yellowing and get these girls back on track... if u need anymore info or pictures please let me know.. once again thnak you.... Pat

Not a problem roccitymick, thats why I'm here :Namaste: What it sounds like to me is the miracle grow is your problem. After all that rain, it released the over abundance of slow feed nutrients that are in MG. MG is great for your veggies but the MG is a bit too high in nutrients for optimal MJ growth.

Lemme get some pics, I love pics... There would be alternate solutions but the optimal one would be to get them out of that miracle grow. Take a look on the previous page, someone had the same problem and I explained what to do. Idk how accurate your nute tester is, therefore I can not speak on that.

I will try to help you further as much as I can, do you have a journal?...

Hope this helps somewhat for now :Namaste:

Hey Pat. While I won't confess to know as much as Deege I will say that it sounds like nitrogen deficiency. Yellowing leaves is what happens when a plant has low nitrogen.

Not sure if your plant is in the budding stage or veg yet. But if its budding and has been for a little while then yellowing leaves is normal. However if they are vegging its nitrogen lacking. Keep in mind that a weed plant needs lots of nitrogen during veg state and very little or no nitrogen during budding.

As for your soil. If its that miracle grow in the dark brown bags that has 1.5 cubic feet organic potting soil. That stuff is very very good and i use it on my plants as well. Both my fruits and veggies plus my weed. Just make sure its not a miracle grow soil that has those slow release chem nutes in it.

On a side note how many beans do you get off a bean plant? I been adding to my veggie garden and beans sound good.

Just to toss this in for Deege. Miracle grow makes some organic soils that don't have any slow feed nutes.

The soil I have just has things like bone meal, fish elusifiers, peat moss,i believe some hummic acid, mulch, bark, and other all natural stuff and its from miracle grow. Its expensive miracle grow but it has none of that junk they put in the cheap stuff.

well the yellowing leaves can also tend to be over nute. I would need some pics like I said. It also can be nitrogen deficiency as Jimmy says, Could also be zinc, many things it could be... but chances are its OVER nute if its in Miracle Grow

Hey Pat. While I won't confess to know as much as Deege I will say that it sounds like nitrogen deficiency. Yellowing leaves is what happens when a plant has low nitrogen.

Not sure if your plant is in the budding stage or veg yet. But if its budding and has been for a little while then yellowing leaves is normal. However if they are vegging its nitrogen lacking. Keep in mind that a weed plant needs lots of nitrogen during veg state and very little or no nitrogen during budding.

As for your soil. If its that miracle grow in the dark brown bags that has 1.5 cubic feet organic potting soil. That stuff is very very good and i use it on my plants as well. Both my fruits and veggies plus my weed. Just make sure its not a miracle grow soil that has those slow release chem nutes in it.

On a side note how many beans do you get off a bean plant? I been adding to my veggie garden and beans sound good.

Well heres the funny part jimmy and deege.. i used the brown bag of mg organic soil for the mj but the norm crap for the veggies and covered it all with an organic top soil. Now if i could get these pictures up here, you could see the corn is mighty close. I am having problems getting the pictures on here. As soon as i can figure out how to get them on here i will post some pictures of what i mean.. I still think im going to go to a pot just so i can get it some more sunlight throughout the day. I Had no clue about the journal but its a great idea and i am going to start one very soon. You two have been an amazing help and i appreciate all the knowledge being shared.. And jimmy as far as the beans they are a first for me as well but i will let you know when harvest time comes how they produce. And just one last question.. when transplanting to the pot is there anything to give her to ease the stress and what would u reccomend for the pot setup given the situation??

First off I'm really excited to see this veggie garden! They have transfer applications that supposedly cut down the stress but I would just try to get them into pots ASAP and do the littlest root damage possible. Do it when soil Is dry also. Once the plant/plants are into a pot with the soil give them a good watering. AS for pictures: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

As for additives to help. B1 helps reduce or avoid transplant shock plus it helps make strong roots and makes them very fast.

You can get a huge gallon jug of B1 complex at home depot for 5 bucks and it also has a few things like zinc, calcium and magnesium added. I use it on all my plants for a few weeks every watering after they have been transplanted somewhere new.

I add about a shotglass full of the stuff to my watering can. Sometimes ill put in superthive and 5-1-1 alaskan fish emulsion too, but those are not necessary and of course cost a fair bit of money. Well at least the superthrive, the alaskan fish poop is fairly cheep.

My home garden is doing pretty good, except my damn bell pepper plant is all sad and droopy looking constantly. Wish it would just get all happy like my tomatos, grapes, rosemary and of course my weed :).

Hey Deege what do they mean exactly for lights when they say "put your hand over the top of the plant and if its comfortable its ok"?

Because for a t5 HO light I am finding I can basically put my hand on the bulb and keep it there all day long. I would call that warm or possibly very warm, heck even mildly hot. But it wouldnt cause me any burns nomatter how long I did it (unless maybe a sun burn lol?)

So what should I do with regards to how far away to keep my lights? Back when I was using those little 23 watt screw in bulbs they literally had no heat so I just kept them at 2 inches away and the plants did great. I am weary of 2 inches with these t5 lights, mainly because since this is WAYYYYYYYYY more power then I previously had I feel like the plants might grow ultra fast and grow 2 inches in a day then be touching the light. I usually check my plants like 5 times or more a day but still.

What are your thoughts?

Also I now have both my t5ho lights gonna put in the second later on. First I will have to fix the hangers that come supplied with them and put on my own. The ones supplied where total noobness and the light almost fell on all my plants and killed them! Luckily I was standing there at the time to catch the fixture.

Btw gonna post new pics in my journal now.

pot_plant_420_mag.png

pic_3_420_mag.png

pic_4_420_mag.png

pic_2_420_mag.png

Here U go Deerge and Jimmy,

The only way that i could get them on here was to use my cell phone camera so they r not the best quality.. If U want a specific section of the plant let me know and i will try my best to get it for you.. i want to transplant into a pot right away but the ground is still soaked from the rain and Deerge u Said to wait until its dry. What risk is greater, transplanting wet or leaving in the tainted soil while it drys?? And i just want to thank You guys again for all the help.. This was and is a great first experience with the 420 community and i am excited to be a part of it..

Back
Top Bottom