ToG's Multi-Strain Redemption - Spring Grow

Pic Update: 05/03/2012

Hey Guys, ToG here with another weekly pic update. The weeks are drawing closer and closer to the wonderful 12/12 and I have a few things to cover so lets get right into it.

I am about 2 weeks from cloning all my girls and possibly topping my girls. I haven't really decided yet. One thing is for sure I am going to make sure I veg these for awhile. I am shooting for at least 2ft plants before 12/12, I want a closet bursting with plants.

I have a few yellowing spots on a few of my plants but that was from the damage the bugs caused earlier in my grow. I haven't had a bug issue since I've been treating so it should be smooth sailing from here on.

Aurora Indica:Very compact node structure and is looking great. One of the shortest out of all my plants. I will be LST'ing it this weekend. Main stalk is nice and thick.

Blackjack: the one by itself is looking really good. No issues thus far and strong as ever. Finally, the double Blackjack is looking better.I had to go through a bit of a reveg but within a month, it should be ready for flower.

Blue Venom: I am loving the phenotype of this plant. The leaves are nice and fat. Heavy indica. Some spotting on a few of the leaves but nothing too bad to stress about. between the bug issue I have had, the only other issue I have had with my girls have been Ph related.

Hammerhead: My favorite out of all my plants. Leaves are huge and vibrant green. some yellow spotting caused by bugs and PH balance issues. Other than that, it is perfect.

Pineapple Chunk: Had to LST this one earlier than any other girl I have. Tall and lanky with large skinny fan leaves. I had an issue with eagle clawing but I have heard on several occasions that this strain was prone to eagle clawing. Now, it is one of my top plants. The internode branching is healthy and stretching nicely. I am going to get some nice clones from this girl.

Sage: Tall, lanky, strong strain overall. I am looking forward to see this girl in flower. Dark green and healthy. Not much else I can say.

Sour Kush: By far the smallest of my seven strains. in stature and size of leaves. Although I am not saying it is the worst. I see great potential in this girl. It may be small but i think it will be getting bigger real soon.

Left: Blue Venom
Right Pineapple Chunk

IMG_17404.JPG
IMG_17422.JPG

Left:Blackjack
Right: Blackjack

IMG_17442.JPG
IMG_17464.JPG

Left: Hammerhead
Right: Sage

IMG_17476.JPG
IMG_17483.JPG

Left:Sour Kush
Right: Aurora Indica

IMG_17503.JPG
IMG_17514.JPG

Group Shot:
IMG_17535.JPG

Well that is all I have for now.

Stay Medicated. ToG:lot-o-toke:

Pic Update: 05/11/12​

Sorry I am a few days late on my pic update but I have been extremely busy. A few things to go over so lets jump right in.

I finally got the construction done on my grow room. My exhaust runs directly outside now. I finally got my exhaust fan mounted how I wanted and I also got a carbon can filter and some ducting. During this time of year my temps in the room(Not vented) were 86-95 degrees! Now with the Exhaust going directly out, I now run 76-82 degrees, with the doors closed. Before I could not close my closet during lights on. Now They stay close all the time.

Another thing to note is that my doors are now on hinges giving me an extra 2 inches of space, depth wise.It is also easier to get my plants in and out of my closet this way.

A few changes will happen in the following months:
  • Ceiling Exhaust with switch for veg room.
  • independent circuit for my electrical in my closet
  • construction to lower and add a drain to the floor of my flower room.(Waterproofing)

My plants are doing great. The Aurora Indica has a bit of heat stress which is noticeable upon close inspection of leaves but with the recent changes, should have no issues from this point forward.

I am also changing my light cycle to a night schedule since now I can close my closet making it easy to sleep with the light actually on.

Anyways, here are some photos of my grow rooms progress thus far, I will be adding mylar throughout the flower room once all Construction is done.

IMG_17555.JPG
IMG_17566.JPG
IMG_17577.JPG
IMG_17587.JPG

I am still trying to figure out what to do with the extra length of wire from my hood.

Any suggestions, comments, or questions are always welcome.

Stay Medicated. ToG :lot-o-toke:

lookin great buddy
i would just roll the extra wire up and put it on a hook on the ceiling, but im a kentuckian. haha

Pic Update: 5/16

So I have been quite busy the last few days so I will go over everything I have done so far.

Well, the time has come to finally clean up some of the undergrowth of the plant. I took the bottom branches off of most of my girls and cloned them. I like having some room from under the plants to promote the top growth and help with airflow on the underside of my garden. I managed to get 58 clones( average of 8 clones per plant) which I trashed 2 clones for being weak. I am down to 56 and trimmed back the fan leaves on all my clones to cut down on transpiration. I have a few droopy clones but I feel they might make it through. I cloned Monday and it is Wednesday now. By weeks end I will remove the humidity dome and let them air out. I have kept my humidity in ranges of 70-95% within the dome airing it out once a night and misting 4 times during lights on and 1 during lights out.

All of my girls in the veg room are looking kinda naked since I cleaned them up. I readjusted LST and thinned the plant to promote strong inner branches. I left some of the strong branches on a few of my girls that i feel would produce some strong tops( Or more clones before I switch to 12./12) and I will be topping a few of my girls that I see fit. Some are growing nicely with just LST and others i feel would benefit from a few toppings.

My plan was to switch to 12/12 by the end of may but seeing how the Blackjack that is doubled up in one pot is still working on recovery, I will switch once those plants are ready and I deem fit to flower. I also want to get a few clones from it before so I am letting it branch. I topped it in a few spots and will see how it turns out in the following weeks.

Once things settle down I will return to individual plants and go over everything going on with each. I feel a great boost in growth is about to happen once they recover from the trim and thinning.

Here are a few pics of everything thus far.
IMG_17596.JPG

IMG_17607.JPG

I will get some better shot of my clones next week.

Stay Medicated, ToG :lot-o-toke:

hey TOG glad to see u back in action and posting on here. ur girls are looking great. i just recently tried cloning for the first time and took mr krips advice of rapid rooters and humidity dome and havent lost one yet with an average of 6 days for roots to show. goes to show that the KISS method really does work, just snip, dip, and wait. one of my clones showed roots in 4 days, i was blown away especially for my first attempt. cant wait to see those beautiful pics u take once u upload photoshop. im def along for this ride.

Plants looking good TOG...you are taking a lot of clones...better do what i did,,build you a aero cloner ..its real easy...the best part is no more dome and increase in your cloning rate...my rate sucked...:goodjob:

I built one awhile back but this was during my plans of converting my dresser into a cabinet for growing. I ditched that plan cause I couldn't sacrifice more of my room due to having clothes and stuff. I have it but no place to put it right now. Not until I move.

hey TOG glad to see u back in action and posting on here. ur girls are looking great. i just recently tried cloning for the first time and took mr krips advice of rapid rooters and humidity dome and havent lost one yet with an average of 6 days for roots to show. goes to show that the KISS method really does work, just snip, dip, and wait. one of my clones showed roots in 4 days, i was blown away especially for my first attempt. cant wait to see those beautiful pics u take once u upload photoshop. im def along for this ride.

This isn't my first time cloning. I either use Rapid rooters or Rockwool. I find that the rockwool is less labor intensive mainly for the reason that the water retention is so high whereas the rapid rooters dry out faster. Most of my clones are doing great, minus a few that I expected to lose anyways. Some are just not as strong as others.

I will not toss them until the very end(those that do not make it) but I expect anywhere from 40-50 clones out of the 56 I have currently.

Pic Update:5/29(Kinda Late)​

So I haven't been around lately and sorry for that but I have been keeping up with my plants. A lot has changed and I decided to Top and Fim a few of them. Some I left untopped and just a continued to LST. I will go over all of that another day so for now I will show you the progress and talk about what I was doing so let us jump right into it.

The Clone tray I had has now all rooted and have been transplanted into 16oz party cups. Most will stay in those for awhile. Here's a pic:
IMG_1767_1_.JPG

I managed 48 clones out of the 58 I took. My next grow will be a massive SOG set up but I will go into that another time.

5/27: This pic was taken a few days ago for the Pic update I had planned but I just never got around to doing so. So here it is now:
IMG_1763_1_.JPG

5/29: I took these during lights off. My girls are looking great. A few spots on my Aurora Indica and Blue Venom but most are looking amazing with minimal spotting. I am about 1 week from 12/12 I am very excited. I am hoping that using the GLR system it doesn't hinder the 2-3 times stretch you would normally see from having a plant under 18/6. My last grow wasn't that great of a test for that since I prematurely flower during transplant since they were out from under the lights way too long they were forced into flower being completely stressed. I'm sure that was the reason behind it.

Anyways, I will go over the details next time. but here is the pic:
IMG_1766_1_.JPG

That is all I have for now so I hope you guys enjoy it. Any comments or suggestions are always welcome.

Stay Medicated. ToG :lot-o-toke:

Good cloning...thats a lot of plants...looks good...:thumb:
Thanks, If only had some others popping in on my journal it would be more motivation to put more effort into bringing more detail into my posts.

Nice turn over rate!!! That SOG sounds like it will be in-ter-esting!!!

The ladies are looking wonderful!!:bravo::thumb:

Thanks my friend. They are about 1 week from 12/12.

Mini Update: So I forgot to mention that I Will be doing a test. I will be measuring difference in growth and ease of use between two mediums. I will be using straight FFOF and the new medium I am trying out is Royal Gold Coco.I am new to this medium and so far I enjoy it a lot. The price difference is about 10 bucks different but if the coco proves superior I wouldn't mind converting and putting in the extra dollars for higher quality.

IMG_1768_1_.JPG

Here is what I'm using.

I am loving the coco this time around!!

I have my big girls in a coco, pro-mix, perlite, worm casting mix and I wish I would have left out the pro-mix.

I just started trying 70% coco, 25% perlite, and 5% worm castings and it has been my favorite mix so far!! (I added some lime to it also for a buffer, coco doesn't have any!)

I personally feel the coco is worth it!:thumb:...but to each their own!!

youre gonna have a forrest! :D

Back
Top Bottom