My First Grow: I Hope This Goes Well!

I forgot to ask about the nutrients. Why part A and B, both bottles ingredients are the same? Are the for different stages or one water use A the next use B then flush on the third?

Parts A and B are delivered separately because they contain substances that do not mix well at the supplied concentrations. If they were mixed @ full concentration stuff would precipitate out of the solution making some important elements unavailable to your plants. The listed substances on the bottles are the combined contents of A&B.

Did you not get an instruction sheet with the nutes?
Usually you would want to dilute part A with the water first and then add part B (prevents precipitation).
Also usually when used in soil you would probably want no more than half the specified dosage.

Grow space coming along very well I see :)

Vis vobiscum.

I have prepared 2 x 20ltr buckets for the transplanting, I have mixed:-

50% Coco
25% Perlite
25% Premium potting mix and compost at 50/50 ratio

I plan on starting the nutrients when they are under the new light.

You might want to consider letting the transplants settle in and start expanding roots before starting on supplemental nutrients. The compost will be plenty for the initial week or three :winkyface:

Vis vobuscum

Ok day 60.

Just finished the transplanting, the PC has stalled a bit however the NLxBB is going really strong. I have given the girls a good drink then finished off with one pack of Mykos each. I am leaving in the sun today, hopefully this helps them settle in.

I have the room ready except for the putting the white plastic on the walls and this Mars II LED, it should turn up any day now.

20150302_152544.jpg
20150302_152556.jpg

I am really surprised how well th NLxBB has taken off. She was really slow at first but over the last couple of week she has just thrived, she has caught up to the PC and looks a lot stronger.

the problem with the PC (starvation) upset her and sent her into shock I think, she has started to pick up and the new growth is starting ti shoot.

The NL's is letting off a really nice smell, shit I cant wait to put this girls into flower.

This leads me to my next question, when do you send them into flower? What is the rule?

Nice job, Boppa. :thumb:

There is no set rule about flowering. You can put them on a 12/12 schedule from seed if you like. Most folk seem to veg them for 6 weeks or so. But you can let them get as large as you want. Also, if you are going to train them (LST for example) you'll need to get all your tying and topping done during veg and give them a week or two to settle once you've finished that before switching. Also consider the space they'll be finishing in because they can double in size during flowering.

Hope that helps. :circle-of-love:

I thi k I will wait a few more week, I want them to settle into their new home.

I dont know much about training, I do wish to top!

I would like to start seeding 2 sativas, can anyone suggest some nice strains. I am leaning towards the Jack Herer but I would like another strain as well. This will give me 2 sativa dominant and 2 indica dominant strains which sould keep me out of trouble

From their current size, I'd let them grow up a bit!

LST and topping are simple. Topping is simply pinching out the top growth, which will then create two more tops. You can do it a few times. :cheesygrinsmiley: You'll find plenty of details on it if you search.

And this is a clear tutorial on Low Stress Training.
LST How to do

I did both topping and LST this time, and I'm jolly pleased I did. :circle-of-love:

Oh, and on sativa strains. I'm no expert, but last year I grew Frisian Dew outside. A lovely, forgiving plant, a very respectable harvest and a superb sativa smoke. She did ok in POTM too. :cheesygrinsmiley: I'll certainly be growing her again this year.

As far as when to flower, I vote for filling up your grow space.
6 weeks vs 9 weeks of veg can take the final plant from 2oz to 3.5oz.
1/2oz per extra week of veg is a good return on your time invested.

Your mileage may vary, but the principle of vegging for extra weeks is sound.
Extra veg time is part of the big yield of outdoor grows (the other part about outdoors is the light is frikin huge!)

Thanks Rado,

As before the advice give is sound and I will take it on board.

Bloody hell! I get home from work to find that the timer hasnt worked all day......shit shit shit! I must have bumped one of the buttons. I put the girls in the sun to perk them up a bit.

So, I have adjusted the timer in prep for flowering, I have still set it for 18/6 however start is now 6am til midnight. It was midnight to 6pm , is this going to upset the girl to much? Should I change it back?

it will be a lot safer to have the light 6 to 6 during normal daylight hours, I stuffed this up at the begining and only really thought about it today. I was reading that when sending into flower you should wind back the finish time not the start time!

Definitely change it back. One day is no big deal, but get them back to the same sunrise time.

Or wait ... not from the timer problem?

If you want to change the sunrise time for the flowering schedule, do it more slowly - half hour a day or so maybe.

Ok I have just shut down the light, I will check at 12.30 to make sure it comes on. These bloody gadgets!

Another question, currently in the room I have the oscillating fan going 24/7 same with the extraction fan and filter. It was a warm day today and the shed was very hot when I opened up this arvo however it was a comfortable temp in the grow room (I havent put in a thermometer yet). Shall I leave it the way it is? Considering I will be putting in the 1600w LED shortly, this should warm the room up a bit.

I will get a good thermometer in the next few days and report back.

What is the best equipment to maintain a grow room environment?

Temps here in Melbourne fluctuate daily, it gose from hot to cold very quickly. One day it could be 30 and the next down to 19 (this also happens daily as well), Melbourne is know to have 4 seasons in one day.

Back
Top Bottom