My First Grow: I Hope This Goes Well!

This is gonna get real interesting :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Your grow space has come a very long way my friend! Congratulations on all of your awesome new gear, that room is lookin sweet! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Day 80.

I have just flushed with 5lts each plant with water 5.5ph, I then gave them their first nutrients. I gave them 1/2 strength, 1ltr each.

Now its time to watch them babies go!

There has been so much improvement just being under the LEDs for one day.

Anyone! Has my NL gone into flower already? It is an auto and im not sure if I have to treat it differently?

20150320_171934.jpg
20150320_171956.jpg
20150320_172010.jpg

I did a search for co2 in the/ Grow Room / do it Yourself. 239 threads.

There might even be a co2 forum.

I'm not sold on the wonders of co2. I looked into it during my first grow. It gets expensive to the point of wanting to coordinate co2 timer with fan timer. Then I ran into late flower nutrient deficiencies and gave up on the idea. For me - getting my soil and soil amendments tuned it's Moore's important than running the air around the girls.

I like the way you are shaping your girls :)

My advice is don't do too much too soon and all at once.

Skip CO2 for this grow, make sure you get these babies through the basics. Then if you still want to, prepare all the CO2 stuff prior to starting your next grow. That way you won't have to perform a juggling act.

Vis vobiscum

P.S. Yes she is staring to flower :thumb:

You could try those C02 bags that you let sit in your grow room.. I believe "Exhale" is one of the more popular brands. You could give that a look for this grow if you wanted to just get your toes wet. Many people get magnificent results without C02 anyways. :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Well its been a week under the new light! What a difference, the girls are loving it.

Just finished adjusting the LST. There is a lot of new growth in the last week but the are just not log enough to pull down.

NL is flowering and they are poping up every where, she is really liked the LST.
PC has taken off as well and I tipped it again yesterday. She is coming along really well, and thè improvement in one week is amazing.

I just received notification that my seeds are in transit. You wouldnt want to be in a hurry!

I have à new little veg room. Next week I think I am going to put the PC into flower, they are on 18/6 and im going to start cutting back 30 mins per day.
Does anyone know how this is going to effect the NL? I have read that autos like it under a 20/4 cycle! Any info here would be appreciated.

In the below pic is the NL growing new nodes or are they pollen sacks?
20150327_165111.jpg

20150327_165219.jpg
20150327_165205.jpg
20150327_165147.jpg
20150327_165041.jpg
20150327_165133.jpg

Sweetsue took her autos down to 12/12 because they liked it.

She is planning 11/13 after flower starts for her second grow.

This.

Auto's can be grown under any light cycle, their genetic timeline is set in stone and will finish with or without light. A lot of people experiment with Autos under light cycles, and so far I have seen AMAZING results under 18/6, 12/12 and 11/13.

11/13 is thought to draw out phenotypical expressions that otherwise would not have shown themselves.. so that is always something to consider. Lots of people are switching to 11/13 specifically for this reason.

As far as your NL goes, I am almost certain I see some pistils poppin off her. Looks like a female from where I'm sitting! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hi all,

Been a while! Sorry for the silance, I have been having modem issues.

Anyway, since the above pics I have harvested the Northern Lights. I was very disapointed with the end result and didn't want to waste anymore resources on her. I ended up with a pathetic 9 grams dry weight.
It does smoke very well, not harsh, very smooth.

The stone is great! Very happy here just not enough if it. The stone is not couchlock however itis heavy. It creaps, after a few minutes it hits you that your wacked! And it lasts around 2 to 3 hours, also great for appetite.

The pineapple chunk is loving the light all by herself, she has taken off. There are heaps of bud sights, about a week before flowering I topped her. The LST has done wonders, I will pist some new pics tomorrow. This strain has gone ok, not good but ok. I think I have the grow room dialed in now but most of all I have learnt a shit load thanks to all of you.

My next grow will definitely go a lot better. The main areas I am going to concentrate on in my next are ph levels and temps.

Mentioning my next grow! I have just started another!

I will be starting another journal, I hope you all look in.

Pineapple Chunk - week 6 in flower

Things are happening now, in the last week the hair have popped from everywhere!

It is great to see the all that effort as sorted its self. Looking back I was just hoping she wold crow a few buds but, with guidance and a lot of advice (thank you all) my big girl has bibs popping out everywhere. I just trimmed all the fan leaves so as to concentrate as much energy to the buds.

I have nearly tuned everything in so things are going well. I have started my second grow and that is going great guns, I also started another. This gives me 5 different strains:-

white widow

pineapple chunk

jack herer

lemon og kush

ak47

image25606.jpg

This as been a very interesting read.
A few criticisms; ive read a lot about autos being unhappy with LST.. Theyre ment for quickest possible turn over.. So you mostly just want to let them be.. Topping is okay as long as you do it before pistils emerge. being perfectly honest seeing pictures of you training those autos with pistils coming out had me cringing :biglaugh:

Another thing is, if you do decide to LST, you want to stop training (dont move any of the tie downs) your plants a week before they go into flower(nonautos).. Maybe thats what caused your upsetting yield. They're still trying to put on stem strength because their shape is still being manipulated. The goal of LST is to spread the branches out so when you change photoperiod into flower, and the branches become top colas, the colas are all an even height from the light, and evenly spread out underneath it.. It's imperative that you stop all forms of stress one or two weeks prior to changing into flower. You want all nutrients and energy consumption going into bud and gland production.

That being said, i really admire the way you committed to going indoors. The equipment and space youve acquired for yourself will allow you decades of learning, growing as a grower, and of course no shortage of potent smoke. I cant imagine there's a better high than inhaling your own home grown meds with pride.

Here's to you coming into your own as a grower, and really learning to maximize your space. :lot-o-toke:
(It has astronomical potential)

Back
Top Bottom