Tokensmoke10's DIY PC Grow

I'm also heading out shopping today for probably the last time for a while (I hope :grinjoint:)
Shopping list:
- 125 watt daylight CFL bulb ( I plan on growing my lowryders on 6500k until it shows its sex then switch over to the 2700k bulb.)
- 4x4 blocks from homedepot so I can raise my pots to get close to the light (I can't lower the light)

I think that's it, so I'll update this later tonight!

Have a good day everyone!:cheer:

[
yo tokensmoke nice set up in the pc box! was also thinking bout geting some lowryders but not sure i think i see how u get on first.

hope all works out mate :peace:

Welcome Hydroid! Thank you, I'm glad another person likes my set-up and I hope this all works out too, obviously! Ha:Rasta:

Where did you get your 6500k bulb? I tried to find that range at home depot and lowes, but the best I could do was 5000k...I haven't bought them yet, but then again I don't have any sprouted seeds either and I'm only planning to veg for a week...so I'm thinking they'll have to work for me if I have nothing better.[/QUOTE]

Theres a local hydroponics store here (Paradigm Gardens) that's where I got it but I'm also going to get a "daylight" 125 watt CFL but will probably order online where I can get it almost half as cheap. :smokin:

Finally went shopping today and bought:

-125 watt daylight CFL
-120mm CPU fan for the second intake

15.jpeg

16.jpeg

But after getting home and screwing in the light, it ended up being a dud!:hmmmm: So after taking it back (it had a 1 year warranty) and getting a replacement ,that we tested out in the shop to make sure it worked, finally installed it without a problem. I also installed the fan and hooked it up in parallel with the other intake fan in the front. So in total I have 2 intake and 2 outake fans, mroe than enough air exchange I think!
:ganjamon:
When the light is on the temp gets to around 84 degrees and when its off (with fans still running) it gets down to around 74 degrees, so slightly cooler than the warm bulb but this might be due to the extra fan I installed that helps to cool the bulb a little bit.

141.jpeg

17.jpeg

:yummy:

Alright, I guess it's against guidelines to talk anything about seeds which confuses me since theres a sub forum about it?? Im not trying to cause trouble and I hope that the mods see that I was just trying to give as many details about my grow journal as possible in order to get as much feedback as I can.

I apologize for this inconvenience and will try to not talk anything about the problem anymore.

But as of right now its all just a waiting game.

Oh, its only going to get better my friend. But like I said in the beginning, its going to be a learning process for me. But every time I'm just sitting around, I'm looking at a grow forum so hopefully all the reading and research pays off along with help from you guys!

Should be getting my "present" here very soon! Then we can really get this thing started!

Great news all! I received my package yesterday while I was out of town so this was the earliest I could update! SO now this can really begin to be a GROW journal :laughtwo:

The only problem is in the all of my excitement I've forgotten to buy or build something to raise my plants up to the light since I can't lower the light itself. Can anyone give me some ideas to raise these little buggers up, and in the mean time I'll probably just rig up something quick and get my girls germinating!

I plan to do the traditional paper towel method of germing in a tuberware container someplace warm. But before I head off to work I plan on running up to the local store and grabbing some distilled water that I'll PH before soaking the paper towels in it, then placing my seeds!

Please stick around everyone, now it's finally going to get interesting :cheer:

lol good to hear yah post office is sloooooooow.
I would use 2x4 cutoffs or small cardboard boxes anything that will fit really.
How many did you get?

Back
Top Bottom