Total rookie looking for help

You need an exhaust on top and a passive "air in" on the opposing bottom, that way the doors stay closed. 3x3x6FT high is fine for a light that size, but only for plants that are in cycle, and mount it high, spray paint the inside of the cupboard gloss white.

i did read elsewhere that ideally the would be one type of light for early stages and a different one later on but i cant really afford another one at the moment. would i be able to do the seedlings on a window or something and then transfer them to the light?

or would i be better putting them under the light? just at a distance?

the one plany i had partial success with worked under that light but i didnt put it under the light till the serrated leaves had appeared.

withthe rapid rooters, your going to need to move them into cups (if your going dirt, or you can pop them into smaller cubes if you're going hydro, either way when they're small you have to call the ball by picking them up and knowing when to water. As to getting the bottom wet, the bottom half of the medium is where the moisture is wanted the top half is where the O2 interaction vital to the plants growth. The tap will drive down and then want to spread around the bottom of the (cup, medium) you are using.

You can get cfl bulbs for a few dollars. You want somewhere in the range of 6500k for vegative growth. The HPS will be better for flowering

Edit... the 6500 is the number on the box, it represents the spectrum (color) the light omitted will be.

You need an exhaust on top and a passive "air in" on the opposing bottom, that way the doors stay closed. 3x3x6FT high is fine for a light that size, but only for plants that are in cycle, and mount it high, spray paint the inside of the cupboard gloss white.

i have an exhaust above the door and a fan in the cupboard. i painted the walls a dark colour before i started but am definitely going to paint it white, probably tomorrow. dont know if itll make as much difference as i need as it was about 32 degrees when the door was closed with the light on. any ideas how much difference white will make?

Well you can't put them in a window now they'll jump right into flower. The three stages of the cycle include Florescent for initial growth, Good heavier Fluorescent or low 250-300W for Veg and a 600W HPS when you go to flower based on the scenario you described. But in some scenes we have vegged, once the plant is well established, with HPS directly...but make sure you put in the inbound outbound air to cool the space you mentioned and mount the light high until the plant/plants are big enough o take more direct light as long as you manage the heat. (Get a ducted reflector)

You can also follow and connect with a lot of these issues at my twitter handle @4Rare420_Rx

okay, so i response to multiple peoples posts should definitely get a cfl light?

my only issue is im not sure where to get one, would gardening centre's sell them? i dont think i have enough time to order one online.

Another thing is make sure your cab is totally light proof. That was a big mistake I made on my first grow. Even a pin hole can cause a hermie once you do go into flower.If you Google hermie you will realize why you don't want this.

Yes, go to a hardware store, they are used as standard CFL bulbs for home as well, lights for homes if you have to go that route. The curly cue light bulbs for a seedling. They'll be a a quid or two a piece (noticed your in Scotland)

Yes, go to a hardware store, they are used as standard CFL bulbs for home as well, lights for homes if you have to go that route. The curly cue light bulbs for a seedling. They'll be a a quid or two a piece (noticed your in Scotland) Twitter @4Rare420_Rx

yeah im in scotland. dont knoe if itspossible for you to access the site but the hardware store here has a web address of DIY at B&Q. if you would be able to find the right bulb on there for me i could go get one. i can find a few florescent ones but not sure which one would work.

if you cant access it i could post pictures or something.

EDIT: I found this one is it the sort of thing?

GE 2-Pin (G23) 9W Fluorescent Stick Light Bulb | Departments | DIY at B&Q

Another thing is make sure your cab is totally light proof. That was a big mistake I made on my first grow. Even a pin hole can cause a hermie once you do go into flower.If you Google hermie you will realize why you don't want this.

i just went and closed myself in the cupboard to see if there was any light, lol. there is slight light round the inside of the frame of the door but i dont think it is going into the cupboard, but not 100%. i took a couple of photos if you could tell? its very hard to see though.

Try turning on the HPS close up the cab then turn all of the lights in the room off. It should be easier to find a light leak

light definitely comes out of the cupboard when the lamp is on. nowhere near the same amount goes in. i already put a frame completely round the inside of the door to block light but i can probably add extra timber framing to block the light.better safe than sorry.

Thanks so much. will get a few of them. really appreciate your help with this.

just curious, will two of these really do the job all the way up to the flowering stage?

also, what sort of distance do i keep them from the plants?

EDIT: you said either would work, did you have another one. aparently they dont stock that one any more.

Thanks so much. will get a few of them. really appreciate your help with this.

just curious, will two of these really do the job all the way up to the flowering stage?

also, what sort of distance do i keep them from the plants?

EDIT: you said either would work, did you have another one. aparently they dont stock that one any more.

i used the one you found to look through the rest till i found one in stock, this is the first i have found:

Diall Bayonet Cap (B22D) 15W Fluorescent Spiral Light Bulb, Pack of 4 | Departments | DIY at B&Q

will they work?

might have found the right ones:

Diall B22 23W Fluorescent Spiral Light Bulb, Pack of 4 | Departments | DIY at B&Q

You'll have to get bigger lights to Veg them out if you're planning on a 6 foot cupboard growing space. Look into something like this for that if you don't want to buy a Metal Halide...

81pNBU1HKDL_SL1500_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom