Trim critique please

I try to gently snip the stem of the sugar leafs so the entire tiny leaf falls off , then ill go haircut style on it once I can't see the stem , that's one big Coca-Cola you go girl ! Even Bob from bobs burger looks surprised by it ,
IMG_20201229_145029_522.jpg

best finished style

Are you talking about how it is going to look later after it is dried, or fresh on the plant like you have shown?

If you have a frosty or colourful plant and want to show that off, usually it’s far better IMO to leave the nice frosty sugar leaves on. The end result looks amazing and because you have disturbed the bud so much less when you trimmed it, it preserves a lot more of the crystals. Also often a lot of the purple/whatever colour is in the sugar leaves.

I find super well trimmed buds a little bit more generic looking
[Edit- definitely not including the one above which posted while I was writing] but it depends on the bud. And if the bud isn’t very interesting looking to begin with then leaving the sugar leaf on it is not gonna help much.

@HashFart Thank you! Bob's Burgers and Rick and Morty are my current trim shows. I've been meaning to tell you your username always gets a giggle out of me. 'Butt hash' is something I had to google recently.

@Weaselcracker Actually this was a plant from last summer I forgot to trim. I hung it upside down and loosely covered it in a trash bag...then forgot about it. It's been back behind some lumber in my woodshop >.> (I'm not good at adulting ever)

Oh shit those buds! That's some impressive trichome color!

@HashFart Thank you! Bob's Burgers and Rick and Morty are my current trim shows. I've been meaning to tell you your username always gets a giggle out of me. 'Butt hash' is something I had to google recently.

@Weaselcracker Actually this was a plant from last summer I forgot to trim. I hung it upside down and loosely covered it in a trash bag...then forgot about it. It's been back behind some lumber in my woodshop >.> (I'm not good at adulting ever)

Oh shit those buds! That's some impressive trichome color!
Holy Crap! I just looked it up! That aint right.

Are you talking about how it is going to look later after it is dried, or fresh on the plant like you have shown?

If you have a frosty or colourful plant and want to show that off, usually it’s far better IMO to leave the nice frosty sugar leaves on. The end result looks amazing and because you have disturbed the bud so much less when you trimmed it, it preserves a lot more of the crystals. Also often a lot of the purple/whatever colour is in the sugar leaves.

I find super well trimmed buds a little bit more generic looking
[Edit- definitely not including the one above which posted while I was writing] but it depends on the bud. And if the bud isn’t very interesting looking to begin with then leaving the sugar leaf on it is not gonna help much.

Yeah I agree! Some of the very best buds I had I don’t think were manicured or trimmed that well. I remember one strain specifically was afgooey! It was deep dark forest green and had some purple and brown leaves all over and looked like syrup was dripped on it. When you pulled the leaves back there’s the pristine beautiful bud. The nugget is kinda protected when you leave the sugar leaves on. It also can help when curing...

Not so! Women's prison....just saying
Well I never been in one of those. Lol. I had to swallow a butterscotch wrapper one time in county.... they thought I was selling stuff cuz money was being added to my jail account.... I will never tell. Ha ha. But yeah they pulled me out the dorm and strip searched me, I had my stuff in my cheek and poked it down my throat with my finger right in front of them and they started freaking out!!! Me too cuz it was stuck in my throat!!!and I had to act like it wasn’t! They sent me to medical and everything before I could go back to the pod. Close one! I wonder if that butterscotch wrapper ever came out?

I wound up there cuz I wouldn’t talk... 3 years all together, sucked but it’s over now and I have my respect. Juice like Welches best grape! Lol
I was able to get off hard drugs also... so I try to be grateful... everything happens for a reason. Oh and before you guy start judging lol... I was on probation until I went to Amsterdam.... that’s when they revoked my probation and gave me the rest of my time. Oh yeah after they put me in a bs program and kicked me out two weeks from the door when I was a senior resident. Lol. Some bull shit I tell ya!!! I got some crazy stories!

I was able to get off hard drugs also... so I try to be grateful... everything happens for a reason. Oh and before you guy start judging lol... I was on probation until I went to Amsterdam.... that’s when they revoked my probation and gave me the rest of my time. Oh yeah after they put me in a bs program and kicked me out two weeks from the door when I was a senior resident. Lol. Some bull shit I tell ya!!! I got some crazy stor

I try to judge people based solely on how they act. You're not giving off big asshole vibes so there's nothing to judge :D

Back
Top Bottom