Trying Underlighting

ravenchief

Ok - so I didn't plan to do this today but I was transplanting the last 2 seedlings and putting them in the tent and I decided to try the underlighting now and see !
Photo Mar 02, 7 53 51 AM.jpg
for myself.
This was supposed to be a 6 plant auto grow using Nectar for the Gods nutes for the first time and grew into an 8 plant auto (all different strains) in all coco and NFTG but added underlighting after seeing some pics of results from others.
After this grow I will have some better idea of what underlighting can do in my situation. I only have a 4x4 tent and because I was worried that a couple of seedlings weren’t going to make it I ended up with 8 Autos in the tent (1 420 Amnesia, 1 MSNL GDP, and from Mephisto Genetics all autos - Samsquanch, Chemdogging, Cosmic Queen, Double Grape, 4-assed Monkey and Sour Stomper a specialized auto breeder)
This is a less sophisticated setup but meant to test the method. I wanted to supplement my 4 HLG 288 v2s in my overhead lighting.
I just ordered some more 10" saucers to make it a little easier to circle the light (now there are half 12") and I have more work to do on the auto drain to waste setup (keep getting leaks in my DIY project). But overall the girls seem happy. They are 4 different ages from 30-60 days from popping so I should be able to see what happens over time.
Exciting times!!!!

LOve DIY lighting! I ran some CFL's on the sides and bottom for a while I found I wasn't thrilled with the extra heat and energy cost. Now if I had some led's...hmm.... I imagine every little photon helps, good luck with the yeild! CHeers! :yahoo:

LOve DIY lighting! I ran some CFL's on the sides and bottom for a while I found I wasn't thrilled with the extra heat and energy cost. Now if I had some led's...hmm.... I imagine every little photon helps, good luck with the yeild! CHeers! :yahoo:
I’ve seen some set ups from some people that I’ve found on forums and continued conversations with remarkable results for them so I thought I would try something a little less severe but a good test for my situation. So far the plants seem to be loving it it’s making them hungrier but that’s not a bad thing. I’m watching them to make sure they don’t burn or stress. Thank you for your good wishes I’ll keep everybody abreast

So;
My last grow I wanted to experiment with different curing techniques - Luckily I had a good enough harvest from the 3 plants to be able to try all 3 methods with all 3 plants which would give me some idea of the effectiveness of each one for smell, taste and intensity.

There were 3 plants - 2 Gorilla Glue Autos 420 - same batch but different phenos and 1 Amnesia Auto 420 - I was able to harvest at least 3 ounces dry from each plant and used the same method to dry using my Herbsnow to the same degree of dryness.
The 3 methods of curing after drying to 15% (all cured 30 days before testing)
Kilner Mason Jars with Integra 62% pack burping as necessary.
Grove Bags (special bags made to recreate a perfect environment) no real burping necessary unless wet when put in the bag.
Freezer method - Freeze cannabis in cardboard box (that breaths) for 20 days the for additional 10 days taking out and opening for 1 hour then back to freezer.
All 3 methods yielded the same weights as when put in the jar/bag/box after the cure.
All 3 smelled good but the best flavor and terpene smell was in the Grove Bags by a substantial amount. Next were the Mason Jars and then the freezer method - they were really pretty close but that was the result that I came up with - Not exactly scientific, but I have had a really fantastic time testing for the past week - I had to test some flavors over and over 😜
I vape these days as opposed to combust, so I like my cannabis a little dryer than when I smoke joints or bong…
I would be happy to answer any questions - this was a fun experiment - my current grow I am going to test several methods of drying (hanging/laying on screens/Herbsnow/etc).

So;
My last grow I wanted to experiment with different curing techniques - Luckily I had a good enough harvest from the 3 plants to be able to try all 3 methods with all 3 plants which would give me some idea of the effectiveness of each one for smell, taste and intensity.

There were 3 plants - 2 Gorilla Glue Autos 420 - same batch but different phenos and 1 Amnesia Auto 420 - I was able to harvest at least 3 ounces dry from each plant and used the same method to dry using my Herbsnow to the same degree of dryness.
The 3 methods of curing after drying to 15% (all cured 30 days before testing)
Kilner Mason Jars with Integra 62% pack burping as necessary.
Grove Bags (special bags made to recreate a perfect environment) no real burping necessary unless wet when put in the bag.
Freezer method - Freeze cannabis in cardboard box (that breaths) for 20 days the for additional 10 days taking out and opening for 1 hour then back to freezer.
All 3 methods yielded the same weights as when put in the jar/bag/box after the cure.
All 3 smelled good but the best flavor and terpene smell was in the Grove Bags by a substantial amount. Next were the Mason Jars and then the freezer method - they were really pretty close but that was the result that I came up with - Not exactly scientific, but I have had a really fantastic time testing for the past week - I had to test some flavors over and over 😜
I vape these days as opposed to combust, so I like my cannabis a little dryer than when I smoke joints or bong…
I would be happy to answer any questions - this was a fun experiment - my current grow I am going to test several methods of drying (hanging/laying on screens/Herbsnow/etc).
Hi there, I was doing a search on Grove bags and stumbled upon this thread. Would like to understand more on the process of using the Grove bags. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mar 14.JPG

My gals are loving underlighting and enjoying being alive.
I am partial to asymmetrical gardens...<smile>

Very nice..wish I was drying ..lol
Your Top lights are throwing alot..nice
The orange light on your lower is HPS I presume,what a great idea :snowboating:

PEACE

Back
Top Bottom