Twisted growth

fuck it looks like hemp mites.

what's the background on your plants and general location ? do they have hemp farms anywhere near ? did you get outside clones or grow from seed ? have you brought plants in from outside ?

edit : to be clear i'm going on the frustrated weird bud tops with twisted growth immediately under. mostly by those tops though.

get a microscope and look for worms. regular loupe won't do it. heartbroken for you if it is true. i'd rather be wrong.
What kind of worms? Do you mean hemp mite ?

Maybe i should give it an application of abamectin aswell?

What kind of worms? Do you mean hemp mite ?

Maybe i should give it an application of abamectin aswell?

hemp mites are slash and burn. you'll have to lose everything. you can't keep anything. there is no cure.

you'll even have to treat the seeds going forward before germination. they are small enough to travel on them unseen, if you got seed from a contaminated facility, it will destroy everything.

best thing is to confirm what you have. if you've got them burn everything. it can take years to recover in some cases.

Maybe i should mix it up with abamectin then ?
hemp mites are slash and burn. you'll have to lose everything. you can't keep anything. there is no cure.

you'll even have to treat the seeds going forward before germination. they are small enough to travel on them unseen, if you got seed from a contaminated facility, it will destroy everything.

best thing is to confirm what you have. if you've got them burn everything. it can take years to recover in some cases.
And by everything you mean all equipment aswell? Cant russet mites be controlled ?

Cant russet mites be controlled ?
If you want to control them then that means that there has to be one or more left alive. And if there are 1 or more left alive then the Russet Mites will be out of control once again, probably within days.

The idea is to have no Russet Mites left alive to keep under control. It is an all or nothing fight.

They sound like horrid little fekers - glad they don't exist in the UK; just like bears, crocs, snakes and man-eating spiders lol

Maybe i should mix it up with abamectin then ?

won't do a damn thing. go ahead if it makes you feel better but the outcome is the same. everything you have is toast.

And by everything you mean all equipment as well? Cant russet mites be controlled ?

kill everything growing and thoroughly clean all equipment with iso or h202. you'll have to lose all the media as well, nothing can be kept.

there is no known control with russets. some folk grow with neem cake in soil type media as a preventative. seems to work, but it is sort of an unknown, and you have to use it from seed forward to be effective.

russets are microscopic, a loupe can't even pick them up. something like a thousand of them can exist in the same space as one common two-spotted mite. it is always far too late once they have been detected.

russets actually live a majority of their lifespan inside the plant under the first layer of tissue. the neem cake works by poisoning them through that very tissue. but it takes time, and needs to be done right from seed. once established it's too late.

it's important you confirm if it is russet / hemp mites, as the cure is a tough haul, you don't want to go through it if it's another issue.

russets can take years to clear out of a space. they don't die with the lack of a plant. they just go dormant until conditions are right for them again.

They sound like horrid little fekers - glad they don't exist in the UK; just like bears, crocs, snakes and man-eating spiders lol

russets are all over the UK. they are in every country where weed or hemp is grown. they've been shown to travel on seed all over the world.

won't do a damn thing. go ahead if it makes you feel better but the outcome is the same. everything you have is toast.

kill everything growing and thoroughly clean all equipment with iso or h202. you'll have to lose all the media as well, nothing can be kept.

there is no known control with russets. some folk grow with neem cake in soil type media as a preventative. seems to work, but it is sort of an unknown, and you have to use it from seed forward to be effective.

russets are microscopic, a loupe can't even pick them up. something like a thousand of them can exist in the same space as one common two-spotted mite. it is always far too late once they have been detected.

russets actually live a majority of their lifespan inside the plant under the first layer of tissue. the neem cake works by poisoning them through that very tissue. but it takes time, and needs to be done right from seed. once established it's too late.

it's important you confirm if it is russet / hemp mites, as the cure is a tough haul, you don't want to go through it if it's another issue.

russets can take years to clear out of a space. they don't die with the lack of a plant. they just go dormant until conditions are right for them again.

russets are all over the UK. they are in every country where weed or hemp is grown. they've been shown to travel on seed all over the world.
The situation right now is a bad one, since im doing perpetual. I do have three different rooms. One clone, with almost new popped seeds, the veg room (the russet infested ones in flower week 1) and then i have flower room with plants 1-3 weeks from harvest..

- I will of course harvest the flower room, since they look okay, except from the thrip damage.

- I would also be really greatfull if i could save my seedlings. Neem cake you say?

- If i throw out the plants in veg- room. Sterilize tent, equipment, floors/walls with h202. Close the room. Afterwards sterilize the flower room totally. Close the room.

Would that execution plan make it possible to keep the small seedlings?

What i hope for, is i can maybe draw an advantage in fighting this, since i do have three different rooms

Except from neem cake, i could release predators as PPM? Or is there any other method which is better..

And sorry for my bad and simple english. Im really thankfull for all your help through this nightmare.. 🙏😊

Screenshot_20230711_211125_Gallery.jpg

20230711_205624.jpg

The situation right now is a bad one, since im doing perpetual. I do have three different rooms. One clone, with almost new popped seeds, the veg room (the russet infested ones in flower week 1) and then i have flower room with plants 1-3 weeks from harvest..

- I will of course harvest the flower room, since they look okay, except from the thrip damage.

- I would also be really greatfull if i could save my seedlings. Neem cake you say?

- If i throw out the plants in veg- room. Sterilize tent, equipment, floors/walls with h202. Close the room. Afterwards sterilize the flower room totally. Close the room.

Would that execution plan make it possible to keep the small seedlings?

What i hope for, is i can maybe draw an advantage in fighting this, since i do have three different rooms

Except from neem cake, i could release predators as PPM? Or is there any other method which is better..

And sorry for my bad and simple english. Im really thankfull for all your help through this nightmare.. 🙏😊

Screenshot_20230711_211125_Gallery.jpg

20230711_205624.jpg

first thing is determine if it is hemp mites / russets. don't go down the rabbit hole unless you are sure.

if you have them nothing can be saved. zero. it will all be fucked. you might be able to pull what is in the flower room immediately to save it, but they will have some infection. they look to have made it though.

the danger is you can spread them from the stored bud to new plants if you handle the bud.

everything else will have to be destroyed. preferably yesterday. if not you could face literal years of ruined production.

make sure to determine what you have then kill that infected plant asap. you will be spreading the mites all over just by working on the plants. they are something like a thousand times smaller than dust.

most mites are spread by the growers themselves, even the larger two-spotted common mite. they piggyback a ride on us.

you will need to shut the perp for sure if it's russets. i'd even destroy the grow bags.

see if you can get us some better pics of the worst effected plants. we need to be certain of what is going on considering the appropriate action will have to be drastic.

i'd also like to call in @Emilya Green to see if she has another opinion or can confirm russet damage.

first thing is determine if it is hemp mites / russets. don't go down the rabbit hole unless you are sure.

if you have them nothing can be saved. zero. it will all be fucked. you might be able to pull what is in the flower room immediately to save it, but they will have some infection. they look to have made it though.

everything else will have to be destroyed. preferably yesterday. if not you could face literal years of ruined production.

make sure to determine what you have then kill that infected plant asap. you will be spreading the mites all over just by working on the plants. they are something like a thousand times smaller than dust.

most mites are spread by the growers themselves, even the larger two-spotted common mite. they piggyback a ride on us.
But im not sure how to determine what kind of bug it really is. I've been trying to spot mites several times, and i see none. Only thing i see, is something which could possibly be eggs, - and a lot of them..

I've also been researching several pages for finding similar damage to mine. But i dont think i can determine something exactly looking like the damage i got.. When i see others with russet mite damaged plants, the leaves are changing color and brown patches.. Nothing like that on mine. Also, no tacoing on leaves

Btw, i've gotta do something before i quit the fight. I will give it a week with two days apart giving them neem/soap solution and next abamectin/avid ...

Today i tried cutting the bottom and soak them in avid insecticide..

20230711_212711.jpg

20230711_212703.jpg

20230711_212644.jpg

get another opinion. i know what i'd be doing right now if had that plant. i wouldn't fuck with it.

edit: you won't see russets without an actual microscope. they are diagnosed by the damage and not visually in the majority of the cases.

when you see them it's because there are few million stacked up in one spot on top of each other. they'll look like moving dust on the edges of things. you won't ever see them looking at the leaf itself.

get another opinion. i know what i'd be doing right now if had that plant. i wouldn't fuck with it.

edit: you won't see russets without an actual microscope. they are diagnosed by the damage and not visually in the majority of the cases.

when you see them it's because there are few million stacked up in one spot on top of each other. they'll look like moving dust on the edges of things. you won't ever see them looking at the leaf itself.
I do have 100× microscope. And i see nothing on underside and upper leaf, except from these milky "pearls"

I do have 100× microscope. And i see nothing on underside and upper leaf, except from these milky "pearls"

mite eggs. normally associated with common two-spotted mites. it comes with different damage though than what you have.

i don't think a 100x can pick up russets. more like 1000x and more.

edit : post a pic of these pearls if you can.

mite eggs. normally associated with common two-spotted mites. it comes with different damage though than what you have.

i don't think a 100x can pick up russets. more like 1000x and more.

edit : post a pic of these pearls if you can.

This is not my picture. But it looks more or less like this.

Edit. But it can no way be hermed plants all of them? All of this happened right after soap burn and transition into flower

Screenshot_20230711_215904_Samsung Internet.jpg

This is not my picture. But it looks more or less like this.

Edit. But it can no way be hermed plants all of them? All of this happened right after soap burn and transition into flower

Screenshot_20230711_215904_Samsung Internet.jpg

those look like mostly underdeveloped trichs to me. the tinier white spots between them that are slightly elongated look more like hemp mites. look a little like worms when zoomed even closer. hemp mites are much smaller than the trichs.

see if you can get us some better pics of the worst effected plants. we need to be certain of what is going on considering the appropriate action will have to be drastic.

i'd also like to call in @Emilya Green to see if she has another opinion or can confirm russet damage.
Definitely something is eating at them and my best guess is mites. Looking at the lack of clear damage on the leaves, I would also consider aphids. There may not be taco'd leaves, but there are plenty of new growth leaves that have been half eaten or stunted at the root level, its hard to tell from here. The time to go after this was a week or more ago, but luckily at this stage of the grow, all of your options are still on the table, even the strongest most toxic stuff.

I no longer play games trying to figure out a natural or organic way to go after bugs if they are going after my crop. I like the proactive organic solution that I have found for my gardens but the natural organic stuff has its limits... and sometimes it's necessary to go for the strong solution instead. I suggest a good 5 week systemic pesticide. I would foliar and do a drench, just to hit all bases. By harvest, the poison will all be gone, but if you don't get the bugs now, you won't have much of a harvest to get to. Wipe these bugs out now or they will plague you until you do.

those look like mostly underdeveloped trichs to me. the tinier white spots between them that are slightly elongated look more like hemp mites. look a little like worms when zoomed even closer. hemp mites are much smaller than the trichs.
Yea i also see these white worm-like things. These are not on mine ..

Definitely something is eating at them and my best guess is mites. Looking at the lack of clear damage on the leaves, I would also consider aphids. There may not be taco'd leaves, but there are plenty of new growth leaves that have been half eaten or stunted at the root level, its hard to tell from here. The time to go after this was a week or more ago, but luckily at this stage of the grow, all of your options are still on the table, even the strongest most toxic stuff.

I no longer play games trying to figure out a natural or organic way to go after bugs if they are going after my crop. I like the proactive organic solution that I have found for my gardens but the natural organic stuff has its limits... and sometimes it's necessary to go for the strong solution instead. I suggest a good 5 week systemic pesticide. I would foliar and do a drench, just to hit all bases. By harvest, the poison will all be gone, but if you don't get the bugs now, you won't have much of a harvest to get to. Wipe these bugs out now or they will plague you until you do.

Hey Emilya thanks for repli

So aphids live in the soil i guess. Im sadly limited for options of strong insecticide in my country. But i was able to get abamectin/avid which should be good for living mites, but not so good for the eggs. Would it be a fine solution to foliar them each second day with neem/peppermint soap and next abamectin? And any suggestion how to do this soil drench?

Yea i also see these white worm-like things. These are not on mine ..

Hey Emilya thanks for repli

So aphids live in the soil i guess. Im sadly limited for options of strong insecticide in my country. But i was able to get abamectin/avid which should be good for living mites, but not so good for the eggs. Would it be a fine solution to foliar them each second day with neem/peppermint soap and next abamectin? And any suggestion how to do this soil drench?
As said by others, first identify the pest. Then your options will become more clear. Study your soil for 15 minutes... see anything moving down there?

But im not sure how to determine what kind of bug it really is. I've been trying to spot mites several times, and i see none. Only thing i see, is something which could possibly be eggs, - and a lot of them..

I've also been researching several pages for finding similar damage to mine. But i dont think i can determine something exactly looking like the damage i got.. When i see others with russet mite damaged plants, the leaves are changing color and brown patches.. Nothing like that on mine. Also, no tacoing on leaves

Btw, i've gotta do something before i quit the fight. I will give it a week with two days apart giving them neem/soap solution and next abamectin/avid ...

Today i tried cutting the bottom and soak them in avid insecticide..

20230711_212711.jpg

20230711_212703.jpg

20230711_212644.jpg
The eggs you’re seeing could be a cluster you have to scope it. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom