UK to Canada cannabis industry?

dylan2015

Wondering if anyone had information on the possibility of moving from the UK to set up in the cannabis industry, ideally as a commercial grower or as a vendor?

I have family in Canada who are Canadian citizens would this help? I'm reasonably experienced as a cultivator but seems to be a lack of information about potential pit falls, wouldn't want to up route my family and leave a good career here in the UK If there is obvious reasons why this wouldn't be possible so any help would be greatly appreciate.

Alex

I heard on CBC Radio just the other day the bottom pretty much fell out of the commercial grow industry,not only due to covid19,but the number of producers was high
The market sky rocketed 400% in 3 months,not bad for a new commodity.
There are more cannabis growers than beer brewers..lol.

The bubble has burst..
Is there a retail price drop happening ?
It was $10 a gram early this year,but now I'm not sure.
Quickly pricing at $7/gr including tax in October,but has always been available near here for $5 at local shops

Old thread, but from what little tiny bit I’ve seen of it in BC, the legal cannabis industry isn’t something I’d want anything to do with. Maybe in decades to come there will be more room for small boutique growers and high quality herb. But for now think - big money, soulless, government run, heavily regulated, and a crappy end product. :(

there's a pile of mergers going on while corporate solidifies. gov't is solidly behind corporate. if the corporate market stabilizes (massive profits) enough the industry will begin opening up to more craft producers.

if you want a model for the industry look at alcohol prohibition moving to legal and corporate in the 30's.

Wondering if anyone had information on the possibility of moving from the UK to set up in the cannabis industry, ideally as a commercial grower or as a vendor?

I have family in Canada who are Canadian citizens would this help? I'm reasonably experienced as a cultivator but seems to be a lack of information about potential pit falls, wouldn't want to up route my family and leave a good career here in the UK If there is obvious reasons why this wouldn't

I have family in Canada who are Canadian citizens would this help? I'm reasonably experienced as a cultivator but seems to be a lack of information about potential pit falls, wouldn't want to up route my family and leave a good career here in the UK If there is obvious reasons why this wouldn't be possible so any help

I have family in Canada who are Canadian citizens would this help? I'm reasonably experienced as a cultivator but seems to be a lack of information about potential pit falls, wouldn't want to up route my family and leave a good career here in the UK If there is obvious reasons why this wouldn't be possible so any help would be greatly appreciate.

Alex
theres a lot of legislation and documentation..you will need citizenship and a warehouse to compete in Canada..there are professional grow operations in every major city and they have to be approved by governments (Provincially) ..also weed is getting cheaper as each citizen is allowed to have 4 plants per house in full production..(Flowering)..perhaps theres a niche in the bongs and pipes...lol most of the big companies trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange..some have gone bankrupt already..weed is getting cheap.

come for a vacation..you will understand when you get here..anywhere here...i would say no..not worth trying to bust into a saturated market..2018 would have been the year to make the move..and the move would have set you back 1.3 million CAD just to compete within the market..like i say even the big company's are going out of business and struggling...just to work for one you need to have a horticulture degree..lol Canadabis ..not Canada..lol

come for a vacation..you will understand when you get here..anywhere here...i would say no..not worth trying to bust into a saturated market..2018 would have been the year to make the move..and the move would have set you back 1.3 million CAD just to compete within the market..like i say even the big company's are going out of business and struggling...just to work for one you need to have a horticulture degree..lol Canadabis ..not Canada..lol
The op hasn't been seen since 2016 :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom