Un-Lucky Queen 12/12 Hempy

Right on Doc. Gonna be investigating those in the next few days. I believe I'm drawing the same conclusions as you about spending $ on the nutes, and your influence has been great!

Thanks again - pretty sure you're gonna save me about $100/mo

:peace:

hi Doc ,i've been following you grow from the start,great journal.i have two 3rd generation clones about 2 1/2 weeks old rooting real well.I bought two 2 gallon buckets,drilled 7/16 hole 2 inches from bottom,am i correct in filling the bottom 2inches with osmacote,and the rest with perlite?also did you soak your perlite after you rinse. Thanks for your journal.HH

By the way, I was very happy that your ladies pulled through. :)

Thanks bro! I know they'd be so much better if they hadn't been injured so badly. The recovery is remarkable.

Right on Doc. Gonna be investigating those in the next few days. I believe I'm drawing the same conclusions as you about spending $ on the nutes, and your influence has been great!

Thanks again - pretty sure you're gonna save me about $100/mo

:peace:

No kidding bro.....you're gonna be so happy. They are superior. That's it.

hi Doc ,i've been following you grow from the start,great journal.i have two 3rd generation clones about 2 1/2 weeks old rooting real well.I bought two 2 gallon buckets,drilled 7/16 hole 2 inches from bottom,am i correct in filling the bottom 2inches with osmacote,and the rest with perlite?also did you soak your perlite after you rinse. Thanks for your journal.HH

Hey HH, thanks for following along!

You've got the bucket and hole right....but you only need a couple teaspoons of Osmocote for that bucket! Read the label and it will tell you how much you need. You can give them the full dose....even a little more....but 2 inches is enough to grow a Christmas tree farm!

Fill the bottom of the bucket with perlite up to the hole, put 1/2 the charge of OC+ in, on top of the 2 inches of perlite.

Dangle your clone roots in the bucket, fill in around it with perlite and then put the other osmocote charge in about 2/3 of the way to the top.

If you want to get really fancy, put the OC+ in one place, mark it, and water over that place only.

I'll try to get some pics tonite so you can all see how much better the OC+ plants are.

Next grow I'm going to use them and grow for size, with veg time, etc.

thanks a bunch Doc,you have me convinced,I have some bubblecios and papaya femed seeds i will give it a try this fall thanks for the info.:roorrip::roorrip:

this is really great,............. hey doc you better watch out though, AN may send a hit man after you......lol...............

I've thought about that.....:bong:
However, my real name isn't Docbud!

thanks a bunch Doc,you have me convinced,I have some bubblecios and papaya femed seeds i will give it a try this fall thanks for the info.:roorrip::roorrip:

You won't be dissappointed! Here are some pics:
Most of the pics were taken right before the lights came on, so the plants were still sleeping. Here's two taken right when the lights came on. It's hempy with Osmocote: every leaf is green and healthy...from the tip to the lowest fan leaf.
IMG_09056.JPG

IMG_09043.JPG

Now, here's another plant, right next to it. It's an AN hempy. Note the smaller buds, yellow leaves and curled, slightly burn't leaf tips. It's still a healthy plant....but not compared to what you're going to see down the page.....
IMG_09033.JPG

IMG_09012.JPG

IMG_08932.JPG

Again, compare it to it's Osmocote neighbor:
IMG_09024.JPG

I've never grown anything like this before....it looks like a pure Sativa that snuck through the cross.
IMG_09004.JPG

I had to LST it to control the canopy height.
IMG_08994.JPG

IMG_08985.JPG

IMG_08913.JPG

Now, the stars of the garden.....the soil osmocotes. They are smaller than the hempys...but they are more frosty and look healthier....which is saying a lot, because the hempys are doing really well.

IMG_08863.JPG

IMG_08872.JPG

this one is going to be 15-18 inches of fat cola. A handful of Osmocote Plus, tap water, hygrozyme about every other watering and 3 doses of snow storm. (every plant in the garden has gotten hygrozyme and snow storm)
IMG_08872.JPG

IMG_08891.JPG

IMG_08924.JPG

Below, left to right: AN soil, Osmocote/soil Un-lucky Queen, Osmocote/soil Skunk/Sour Diesel.
IMG_08943.JPG

IMG_08957.JPG

As you can see from above, even the Un-lucky Queen, with it's twisted leaves and iron/zinc deficiency is beating the Advanced Nutrients plant. Osmocote Plus rocks.

Below is a soil/Osmocote Skunk/Sour Diesel, The best plant in the garden. It's shorter than the others, but the buds are dense, the frosting is superb and the smell sublime! I love the deep green, healthy leaves.
IMG_08974.JPG

IMG_08863.JPG

wow, I didn't think you would get plants and buds that size with 12/12!

looking awesome!

If I hadn't trimmed off most of the lateral growth they wouldn't be much different than plants that vegged for a month. They're not at all small plants, some of the cola's will be every bit as big as anything I've grown.

Seriously, it's the Osmocote. These plants a healthy! And the best part.....I've hardly had to do anything but water.

The 12 hours of darkness is what changes the hormones to flowering. As long as they get 12 hours of darkness, you'll be OK. If you have to choose between 10 hours or 14 hours of darkness, choose the latter. I'm going to jump right over there and check it out!

Hi Doc,
Sorry for the late quote, I managed to sneak off for a vacation and I'm just catching up on my interweb :) Anywho, will the 14 hours of dark help to accelerate the flowering phase ? If so, any idea how much it might change things ? Thanks in advance for all the great info ! :thanks:

Hi Doc,
Sorry for the late quote, I managed to sneak off for a vacation and I'm just catching up on my interweb :) Anywho, will the 14 hours of dark help to accelerate the flowering phase ? If so, any idea how much it might change things ? Thanks in advance for all the great info ! :thanks:

There are some top growers on this site who like a 30 hour period of darkness to initiate flower.....so the 14 hours might accelerate it a little....but the idea is to not stress your plants, so go with 14 hours and you can get your times synched up.

I hope this makes sense.....I'm baked. Had a sample of something called "Agent Orange," which is some hybrid of Cali Orange. It's a fantastic sativa....so I'm having a great time posting, but not sure if it makes sense.
:ganjamon:

lol Doc...I was baked last night too...So, we are only talking about the jump from veg to flower...not the actual light cycle which stays at 12/12, correct ?

So what do you think Doc, can it really be as simple as splitting the charge of Osmocote and a just lil' water?

And here I was thinking that the SuperSoil was Keepin I.S.S.

Yep, it's really that easy. Same as any other plant......I'm doing exactly that.

However, there's nothing wrong with using Osmocote as a base nutrient and adding things as needed. I just don't see any reason to mix nutes anymore. Just water the damn plants!

To the Osmocote Plus, I've added:

1.)Snowstorm
2.)Hygrozyme
3.)Fox Farms Big Bud (soil only)
4.)Liquinox Iron/Zinc (due to deficiency in one plant)

The only thing I've added more than twice is the Snowstorm (4 times) and Hygrozyme (every watering).

I'm going to be away from the plants for week, starting next Sunday. During that week, I'll only water with straight water. I'm worried about the AN plant in hempy......the other plants will be fine.

They are getting FAT! (except the AN plants are lagging)

You've been hearing me rave about Osmocote. See if you can spot the Osmocote plants, vs. AN.

Here's a little "heads up" for those who may want to give the Osmocote a try:

Carefully watch your plants for a mild zinc deficiency. If the brand new growth becomes chorotic, just supplement with a chelated zinc product. (Ususally comes with chelated iron as well.) No big deal....only one of my plants exhibited this problem and the chelated zinc/iron fixed the problem.
IMG_09066.JPG

IMG_09076.JPG

IMG_09086.JPG

It's hard to see with my crappy photography, but this plant is dark green, with thick trichomes. If I could get one like this about 8 feet tall, I'd bring it inside the house for a Christmas tree.
IMG_09097.JPG

This plant is pure Sativa....it's going to mess up my growing schedule, because it's going to take a while to finish....but it should be really good.
IMG_09106.JPG

IMG_09114.JPG

IMG_09129.JPG

The two pics above are plants that are right next to eachother. The dark green healthy plant was fed with Osmocote Plus, 18.99 for a year's supply at Home Depot.

The plant with the burnt tips and yellowing lower fan leaves is being fed with Advanced Nutrients:

Connoisseur A+B (2 x 1 Liter) $71.95 (Green Coast hydroponics)
Here's what Connoisseur does, according to the advert:

* Increased number and quality of flowers and fruit.
* Contains specific classes of poly amino alcohols.
* Earlier flowering and maturation.
* Enhanced potency, taste, and aroma.
* Enhanced market value of harvests.

Liquid Dr. Hornby Big Bud - 1 Litre $37.95

Dr. Hornby has spent many years of extensive research and profiling resin producing plants. His knowledge, passion and love for this work has produced unparalleled products that supercharge resin production and substantially increase yield. Big Bud has been extensively researched, developed and field tested. Big Bud is extremely plant specific - the only one of its king in the world. During field testing, Big Bud overwhelmingly beat all of it's competitors. The reason for this is Big Bud's plant specific ratios of Phosphorous, Potassium, Magnesium and Amino Acids.
Big Bud will dramatically increase bud growth, width, weight and resin production like no other bloom enhancing product can. Guaranteed or your money back

The litre size of AN products is enough for 2-3 grows of 10 plants at best, at a cost of 112.00 plus tax.

As you can see, the Osmocote leaves AN in the dust.....under 20 bucks for 6 grows.

224 bucks for 6 grows, vs 20 bucks for 6 grows........

and the cheaper product dramatically outperforms the expensive one.

That is awesome!

I don't know if I missed it, but what do you use to add the chelated zonc/iron?

Thanks.

:nicethread::peace:

Edit: Can you tell I just smoked a bowl. Zonc. Sounds like a zinc/iron supplement name actually.

That is awesome!

I don't know if I missed it, but what do you use to add the chelated zonc/iron?

Thanks.

:nicethread::peace:

Edit: Can you tell I just smoked a bowl. Zonc. Sounds like a zinc/iron supplement name actually.

:rofl: Zonc would be a great name for a Cannabis specific product.....but all the middle aged garden ladies would be scared off....

Anyways, I used this product. 4.85 at the garden section of the local hardware store.
IMG_08715.JPG

The reason I'm putting price information and making such a big issue about nutes lately is because I am of the opinion that we pot growers are getting ripped off by the nutrient companies. Not only are the prices of the products too high, but for all that money they don't work as well either!

My point isn't to prove Osmocote is "best." I'm sure a master gardener would merely use Osmocote as a base nutrient.....

My point is simply that when it comes to Cannabis specific products, we don't get what we pay for. (At least when it comes to AN. I've also used Fox Farms, and Osmocote is till better, but FF is nowhere near as expensive as AN and FF doesn't market ONLY to MMJ folks.)

things are coming along very nicely. that sativa is very nice you should try to get some seeds from that and save it. ya its gonna take forever to flower but jeez that will be some super nice smoke

Back
Top Bottom